Chad Johnson antics....

Buckeye

Chad celebrates fans

4-7-04, 2 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

By waving the flag of a 15-yard penalty, the NFL has silenced Chad Johnson?s end-zone celebrations. He admits he is out of ideas, so he?s now making an appeal to all of Bengaldom to come up with some for him.

?I?m looking for a signature move that doesn?t get me in trouble and I think it would be cool for the fans to send in their ideas,? Johnson said earlier this week. ?I need some help from the fans. Put it on the internet big and let?s see what they have.?

Chad's Celebration

Courtesy of Bengals.com

This guy RULES!

Chad Johnson is quickly becoming one of the most popular players in the NFL. The sad part though, is in order to be recognized you need to do stuff like this, a couple years ago Johnson was among the top recivers in the AFC but nobody outside of Cincinatti had heard of him, but this year while putting up almost simlar numbers he began to run his mouth and all of a sudden was all over tv and magazines.

Sick.

Just sick.

Chad just shut up and play some damn football.

You wouldn't be saying that if he was showing up the other team and jumping into the stands at lambeau field after scoring touchdowns.

Jeez, your such a hypocrite about celebrations..... :thumbdown

Sick.

Just sick.

Chad just shut up and play some damn football.

You wouldn't be saying that if he was showing up the other team and jumping into the stands at lambeau field after scoring touchdowns.

Jeez, your such a hypocrite about celebrations..... :thumbdown PWNED? I think so.

This is nice to see players getting involved with fans. I wished it happened a lot more. Just like Schilling talks to fans on the boston boards.

All Chad jealousy/hatred aside, the guy is awesome and last year was his breakout year. He didn't put up similar numbers the year before. His numbers weren't bad, but he wasn't a top ten player.

Can't wait to see Chad's buillboard in Times Square when the new jerseys come out (April 22nd).

Which begs the philosophical question: How can one shut up and play football when there's no football to be played?

All Chad jealousy/hatred aside, the guy is awesome and last year was his breakout year. He didn't put up similar numbers the year before. His numbers weren't bad, but he wasn't a top ten player.

Can't wait to see Chad's buillboard in Times Square when the new jerseys come out (April 22nd).

Which begs the philosophical question: How can one shut up and play football when there's no football to be played?

You know what he meant.

You know what he meant. The guy is asking the fans to come up witha LEGAL (under league rules) way to celebarate. What's wrong with that? He's interacting with the fans and it's offseason.

Look up scarcasm minus, it's quite a few pages past crybaby and the phrase "TAKING MESSAGEBOARD POSTS TOO SERIOUSLY" in my Wallace and Gromit's Dictionary.

Magglio must I make myself any clearer?

I don't like the Lambeau Leap either! :banghead

Are you a player or something? You're not that guy from the Browns who took his helmet off and got in trouble are you?

I mean, you'd have to be in the NFL to take it so seriously.

All Chad jealousy/hatred aside, the guy is awesome and last year was his breakout year.? He didn't put up similar numbers the year before.? His numbers weren't bad, but he wasn't a top ten player.

Which begs the philosophical question:? How can one shut up and play football when there's no football to be played?

You know what he meant. The guy is asking the fans to come up witha LEGAL (under league rules) way to celebarate. What's wrong with that? He's interacting with the fans and it's offseason.

Look up scarcasm minus, it's quite a few pages past crybaby and the phrase "TAKING MESSAGEBOARD POSTS TOO SERIOUSLY" in my Wallace and Gromit's Dictionary. Scarcasm is getting old that why I responded the way I did.Chad Johnson over top and excessive celebrations were getting out of hand which is why I'm glad NFL implement the new rule.Name recognition is obtain by the way you play out on the Field which he has clearly done so the past two years as one top receivers in the AFC.

Magglio must I make myself any clearer?

I don't like the Lambeau Leap either! :banghead

What wrong with Lambeau leap?Heck Chad Johnson could start Johnson leap for all I care.I just hate the over top celebrations that are intended to mock the league.

All Chad jealousy/hatred aside, the guy is awesome and last year was his breakout year.? He didn't put up similar numbers the year before.? His numbers weren't bad, but he wasn't a top ten player.

Which begs the philosophical question:? How can one shut up and play football when there's no football to be played?

Look up scarcasm minus, it's quite a few pages past crybaby and the phrase "TAKING MESSAGEBOARD POSTS TOO SERIOUSLY" in my Wallace and Gromit's Dictionary. Scarcasm is getting old that why I responded the way I did.Chad Johnson over top and excessive celebrations were getting out of hand which is why I'm glad NFL implement the new rule.Name recognition is obtain by the way you play out on the Field which he has clearly done so the past two years as one top receivers in the AFC. Here's my question to you, then:

Which celebrations hurt the game and how?

And as a follow up:

How many Bengals games did you watch?

Here's MY point:

After every TD they're going to commercial anyways. Chad's celebrations took from five to twenty seconds. Everyone bitches, but doesn't really have a reason behind it. HOW does celebrating by dancing, or pretending to take one's picture hurt the game AT all? I saw the Peter Warrick, Chad Johnson picture celebration and it was obviously unplanned (Chad was flexing to the crowd and Warrick came up behind him and started pretending to take picture, then Chad saw him and did a fw more posese at the Browns fans throwing fries at him).

Here's ANOTHER THING:

Nobody complains about Kelley Washington. Why?

Kelley Washington's squirrel dance takes a lot longer than anything Chad does and YET, who gets all the atention? The star.

Just answer those two questions at the top so I can hate by saying you're taking football too seriously and it's just the offseason why do you care, then ask you how many Bengals games you watch to gauge how much you SHOULD care (my bet is you don't watch any and thus have no right to complain)...

Look up scarcasm minus, it's quite a few pages past crybaby and the phrase "TAKING MESSAGEBOARD POSTS TOO SERIOUSLY" in my Wallace and Gromit's Dictionary. Scarcasm is getting old that why I responded the way I did.Chad Johnson over top and excessive celebrations were getting out of hand which is why I'm glad NFL implement the new rule.Name recognition is obtain by the way you play out on the Field which he has clearly done so the past two years as one top receivers in the AFC. Here's my question to you, then:

Which celebrations hurt the game and how?

And as a follow up:

How many Bengals games did you watch?

Here's MY point:

After every TD they're going to commercial anyways. Chad's celebrations took from five to twenty seconds. Everyone bitches, but doesn't really have a reason behind it. HOW does celebrating by dancing, or pretending to take one's picture hurt the game AT all? I saw the Peter Warrick, Chad Johnson picture celebration and it was obviously unplanned (Chad was flexing to the crowd and Warrick came up behind him and started pretending to take picture, then Chad saw him and did a fw more posese at the Browns fans throwing fries at him).

Here's ANOTHER THING:

Nobody complains about Kelley Washington. Why?

Kelley Washington's squirrel dance takes a lot longer than anything Chad does and YET, who gets all the atention? The star.

Just answer those two questions at the top so I can hate by saying you're taking football too seriously and it's just the offseason why do you care, then ask you how many Bengals games you watch to gauge how much you SHOULD care (my bet is you don't watch any and thus have no right to complain)... A)Read post above yours!

B)None except a couple of games in progress.

What the hell is mocking the league? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of....

So is the NFL on par with the Vatican and the US Government now?

And if you don't watch, the who cares!? I don't post about frivulous Randy Moss celebrations complaining when I haven't seen them or saw a blurb on them on Sports Center!

I'm going to tell people to "Quit mocking this board" when they post somethig stupid. I'm going to need more than "mocking the league" here. So is it mocking the league when the guy wears orange shoes every game that get him fined? You have a problem with that?