Samson on Ch 7

well, that's a breakthrough. However, we're settling for the only offer, not necessarily what is best for us. Long-term I think settling on the OB may be worse than waiting a year and seeing what sites present themselves. I mean, who really wants that awful OB site, Samson himself shot it down saying that it was unacceptable, now this...

World class team, cracker-jack ownership...

well, that's a breakthrough. However, we're settling for the only offer, not necessarily what is best for us. Long-term I think settling on the OB may be worse than waiting a year and seeing what sites present themselves. I mean, who really wants that awful OB site, Samson himself shot it down saying that it was unacceptable, now this...

World class team, cracker-jack ownership...

Hmm, I rather be at the OB site than at Portlant.

LOL He was showing me his family in a picture I had in the SI Champ Edition.

are they all bite-sized? Dude..... it was that two-page picture of the stadium. He was showing me who his family were. Imagine him pointing out his father in law and his wife and all I see is a little tiny peach dot with hair. :lol

I hope it's not the deal the city proposed earlier. Although I guess the city and U of Miami bleeding the Marlins dry is better than Huizenga.

depends on the details, obviously...

I was never in favor of the OB deal (if it's the one proposed earlier). Is this going to be that god-awful thing that would share one wall with the Orange Bowl?

Taking the ONLY deal still does not mean it's a good deal.

If it's true they were waiting to see if they got the State money before they fell back on the OB stadium, it's a pretty weak move....

However, I'll be interested to see what the next step is.

I just have a feeling that the "not having the stadium site locked down reason" was just an excuse for guys like King to vote this down. For whatever reason, they don't want to give this refund to the Marlins, and that's all there is to it. I'm not sure it would've changed anything had the Marlins been able to go right up & say here's our spot, here's our plan, now give us 60 million.

I sure hope I'm wrong though. :thumbup

What a terrible idea. I'd rather them move to Orlando. I'm sure they could get a good stadium in a decent part of town. Around the OB is one of the ugliest places I have ever been. South Florida doesn't deserve the Marlins if all they have to offer is a site near that dump. :thumbdown

I can't believe a freakin' hockey team is treated better in South Florida than baseball's defending World Chaps. :banghead

LOL He was showing me his family in a picture I had in the SI Champ Edition.

are they all bite-sized? Dude..... it was that two-page picture of the stadium. He was showing me who his family were. Imagine him pointing out his father in law and his wife and all I see is a little tiny peach dot with hair. :lol Haha, I was in that picture too.

Hmmm...Miami Marlins near OB or Portland Marlins...hmmm...let me think about this and be real picky...

C'mon guys! This deal aint done yet. Just yesterday most everyone here was talking about the Marlins leavin and now they are complaining about them staying - near the OB anyway. This isnt finalized yet, so we just have to sit tight and wait it out. I think we will all be surprised what happens. I also think that this FO has done a better job than previous ownerships - and considering we get a stadium deal at all with all the opposition - that should be considered a success.