Oliver replaced by Phelps

jonnylons

According to the MLB site (Floridamarlins.com), Darren Oliver will be replaced by Tommy Phelps in the rotation.

This could be a good thing for us as our bullpen, hopefully, will get a little stronger and Phelps could just put up some solid outings to get us ready for Burnett's arrival.

Phelps will go up against the Reds on May 26th.

Oh man, release this guy! He sucks at pitching, now they put him in the bullpen, were we are having the most struggle this season.

Well our bullpen has just gone down even more.

I woud agree with you, but let's give DO a chance to see what he has coming out of the pen...you never know, we might be surprised!!

Good call by Jack, something had to be done, the team can't sit around and wait for this guy to learn how to pitch.

I still believe Oliver may never see the pen but rather will be optioned to Albuquerque to work out his problems.

Sounds like he will be available out of the pen starting tomorrow.

Oliver will be available to pitch out of the bullpen beginning on Monday against the Diamondbacks at Pro Player Stadium.

He wouldn't get sent down to Albuquerque until the roster spot is needed for AJ.

I really like this move. Phelps is a good pitcher, much better than you all realize. And Oliver might be more useful in the 'pen. He was decent in a few chances with the Sox, and might allow McKeon to use Bump and Wayne less in long relief and more the jam situations they have done well in.

And if Phelps does well enough, maybe Dontrelle will give us that second greeat arm in th bullpen we lost in Chad Fox. Pitchers with odd deliveries and few pitches do very well out of the pen because batters are even more clueless.

I still believe Oliver may never see the pen but rather will be optioned to Albuquerque to work out his problems.

Sounds like he will be available out of the pen starting tomorrow.

Oliver will be available to pitch out of the bullpen beginning on Monday against the Diamondbacks at Pro Player Stadium.

He wouldn't get sent down to Albuquerque until the roster spot is needed for AJ.

Perhaps my choice of words was flawed.

"Never" was the wrong word. He may be in the pen for a short while but he's going to need to pitch to work on his mechanics and he's not going to do that here.