Treanor and Manzanillo appreciation thread

SlapHands69

The whole Bullpen stepped up today. Lets not forget everyone that took part in thisg ame today. Even Oliver gave us 2 solid innings. We needed our PEN to be sharp today and they were. I'll take 7 1/3 innings of 1 run (unearned) baseball from our PEN anyday!

Is a Treanor/Redmond platoon viable? I mean in his limited abs, Treanor has absolutely knocked the socks of the balls.

Yes. Normal platoons are set by what arm the opposing pitcher throws with, but catcher platoons are set by how they work with their battery mate.

Treanor should catch Willis and another (maybe Penny or Pavano?), and Redmond Burnett and Beckett

Treanor is showing he is a solid ballplayer.

He has demonstrated that he can call a good game and does have decent defensive capabilities.

On the offense, he can make contact with limited power.

This has been a nice surprise.

Not to take anything away from either player but you have to laugh when you think about Treanor's contract with the World Champion Florida Marlins and Jason Kendall's with the lowly (thanks to Dave Littlefield) Pittsburgh Pirates.

The guy's been in pro ball for eleven freakin' years. Think Treanor is hungry?? Lol

And Manzanillo has everything to prove as well.

But what pleases me the most is that onfield play like tonight makes a liar out of the Mike Berardino's of the world. Every time Treanor gets a hit or Mike Redmond makes a play like the one he did tonight, it's another nail in the coffin of the the bullcrap media coverage that used to scream and now whispers "the end is near".

The "LeeAndPudgeAndUggieAndEncAreGone" mantra is almost dead.

It's hard to fault a team that's been in first place in their division virtually everyday of the season. You can pine all you want for "Pudge behind the plate and how much we miss him, oh Lord how did we let him get away" but we're on top. Detroit is a slowly sinking ship. (Speaking of which I haven't had a "Dr. Detroit" fix recently. Funny movie.)

All of a sudden even Oliver is contributing and Howard as well. It's hard to hold an unearned run against the guy. Choi almost won the game on his own were it not for our own Bartman. I'm not holding my breath but one of these days we might be seeing some real baseball coverage out of the local press.

Treanor is showing he is a solid ballplayer.

He has demonstrated that he can call a good game and does have decent defensive capabilities.

On the offense, he can make contact with limited power.

This has been a nice surprise.

Not to take anything away from either player but you have to laugh when you think about Treanor's contract with the World Champion Florida Marlins and Jason Kendall's with the lowly (thanks to Dave Littlefield) Pittsburgh Pirates.

The guy's been in pro ball for eleven freakin' years. Think Treanor is hungry?? Lol

And Manzanillo has everything to prove as well.

But what pleases me the most is that onfield play like tonight makes a liar out of the Mike Berardino's of the world. Every time Treanor gets a hit or Mike Redmond makes a play like the one he did tonight, it's another nail in the coffin of the the bullcrap media coverage that used to scream and now whispers "the end is near".

The "LeeAndPudgeAndUggieAndEncAreGone" mantra is almost dead.

It's hard to fault a team that's been in first place in their division virtually everyday of the season. You can pine all you want for "Pudge behind the plate and how much we miss him, oh Lord how did we let him get away" but we're on top. Detroit is a slowly sinking ship. (Speaking of which I haven't had a "Dr. Detroit" fix recently. Funny movie.)

All of a sudden even Oliver is contributing and Howard as well. It's hard to hold an unearned run against the guy. Choi almost won the game on his own were it not for our own Bartman. I'm not holding my breath but one of these days we might be seeing some real baseball coverage out of the local press. right on the money :thumbup

Tonight was a great team win, and the kind of Marlins games that I enjoy going to the most. I really like Manza's energy he looks like he will be able to fit in with the team just fine. It also was great to see Treanor get it done like that my brother looked at me before the at bat and that Treanor will pull off Miguel magic.

I must join in the love here...Oh man, I was sooo happy seeing Treanor get that hit. I am so pleased with him now, the Red/Treanor combo seems like the answer to our catching woes to me. Imagine how it must feel to toil for 11 years and come do the job, offensively and defensively that he has done so far!!

And wooo for Manzanillo. He did a great job and entertained us all with his ass grabbing. I like a guy with a gimmick.

Treanor was awesome, what can I say, and i'm really happy for him after spending 11 years as a career minor leaguer and his walk off hit and other great performances are just ensuring that he isn't going to be sent down and will be with us come September.

Gotta love AJ and his tricks. Matt looked funny giving the interview with a shaving creamed face.

Last night's game was awesome. When Matt made that hit we were screaming like two doofuses. I am surprised we didn't wake up Max's parents. LOL