2003 Wild Card Thread

We're starting to get those lucky (Atlanta) breaks.... :shifty

How is losing games where you could have madeup ground, lucky breaks? because normally a team would have swept the DH, not get swept....

i wouldnt call it a big break, but it's nice to gain, even when you lose

With the Marlins win and the Expos loss tonight, the Marlins are now (drum roll please):

6.5 Games Back

:super :coolman :happydance :thumbup :cheers We've gained 5 games on them since this topic began 12 days ago.

yea the defecit just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

bobby valentine said something on baseball tonite that was a suprise to me.

the marlins lead the athletics in many offensive categories but they still have a lot more losses than oakland. valentine said what propelled the A's over the marlins (record wise) is there pitching. which is obviously tru.

can you imagine what coulda been if a.j., red, and beck would have never went down.

w/e we are still in the middle of the race we are now 6.5 down which is awesome. remeber my goal was 5 back by the allstar game and that could be easily be surpassed or maybe it couldnt. the marlins gotta keep playing good

6.5 BACK AS OF 6/3/03

Wow, wouldn't it be great to be in contention come, say, July 15th.

I can think of nothing better than watching Loria and the FO boys squirm when they can't trade all the 1 year time bomb contracts at the deadline because the Fish have a shot.

Poetic Justice.....

Glee!!!!

Please God, make everyone ahead of the Fish in the standings suck for a couple of months.

Sorry... you guys can't gain any ground on us these days :shifty ? ;) ? :cool ? :mischief

I'll just say one thing Ranchod... if it happens... I'll be happier seeing the Expos in first than the Braves :mischief2 I am sure you would not be the only one

PS, F THE BRAVES! :mischief