Benson, Zambrano to Mets

Foladar

WFAN in Ny is reporting the Mets have acquired Benson and Victor Zambrano, for Wigginton, Matt Peterson & more...

Kazmir is involved going to Tampa...and KC is involved in a 3-way deal for Benson.

Huge rumor? Let's hope.

Edit: NO Longer a rumor, Mets gave up some prospects and such, but they now have Zambrano AND Benson!

Guest FlummoxedLummox

What do you guys think about this news? I just read it on MLB.com...

I hope the measures we've taken to bolster our weak spots are stronger than what the mets have done...

What do you guys think about this news? I just read it on MLB.com...

I hope the measures we've taken to bolster our weak spots are stronger than what the mets have done...

484429[/snapback]

If we aren't worried, then we aren't smart. The Mets got arguable the two best available arms while giving up basically nothing.

not very excited about trading away the future in Kazmir and Justin Huber, Piazza's replacement at C. very excited about finally having that solid 5 man rotation that we have been missing all year. so long to cringing as Scott Erickson, Jae-Wong Seo and the occasional Dan Wheeler take the mound.

now lets get out of this funk and start gaining ground.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.