Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carlos Delgado

Featured Replies

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-m...ov=ap&type=lgns

 

Carlos doesn't believe in fighting terrorism and doesn't like "God Bless America" either. That should go over well in Miami with all the Cuban Americans!

One reason why I was hoping Carlos would sign with the Mets. New Yorkers would have told him where to go!

See sig.

He doesn't believe in fighting terrorism? Iraq is one thing BUT TERRORISM?

See sig.

670420[/snapback]

:lol

 

 

 

Awesome Fritz. And can we delete this thread? We already have 6 billion threads on the subject. And he's using his right to free speech as is your right to not agree with what he's doing.

See sig.

670420[/snapback]

:lol

 

 

 

Awesome Fritz. And can we delete this thread? We already have 6 billion threads on the subject. And he's using his right to free speech as is your right to not agree with what he's doing.

670425[/snapback]

I thought disagreeeing with the government and being able to show it is one of the big freedoms of America.

See sig.

670420[/snapback]

:lol

 

 

 

Awesome Fritz. And can we delete this thread? We already have 6 billion threads on the subject. And he's using his right to free speech as is your right to not agree with what he's doing.

670425[/snapback]

I thought disagreeeing with the government and being able to show it is one of the big freedoms of America.

670430[/snapback]

Sarcasm my slow witted friend. :plain

See sig.

670420[/snapback]

:lol

 

 

 

Awesome Fritz. And can we delete this thread? We already have 6 billion threads on the subject. And he's using his right to free speech as is your right to not agree with what he's doing.

670425[/snapback]

I thought disagreeeing with the government and being able to show it is one of the big freedoms of America.

670430[/snapback]

Sarcasm my slow witted friend. :plain

670434[/snapback]

O shyt lol, I thought the guy was serious because he had the America Hater Sig like he really hates Delgado or something

Being against the war is one thing being against fighting terrorism is something else

670459[/snapback]

 

Where did he say he was against fighting terrorism?

Being against the war is one thing being against fighting terrorism is something else

670459[/snapback]

 

Where did he say he was against fighting terrorism?

670479[/snapback]

 

thats what Jack1 said about delgado. im just saying that notwanting to fightterrorism and protesting the war are two compltely different things. I myself did not support the invasion

Being against the war is one thing being against fighting terrorism is something else

670459[/snapback]

 

Where did he say he was against fighting terrorism?

670479[/snapback]

 

thats what Jack1 said about delgado. im just saying that notwanting to fightterrorism and protesting the war are two compltely different things. I myself did not support the invasion

670485[/snapback]

 

Oh, you made it seem like Delgado said that he was against fighting terrorism. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Boy! Is this country in trouble! Terrorism is why we are in Iraq, id#&$s!

Good luck this summer Marlin fans! I'll keep on a lurking but personally, I hope Delgado has a lousy season. He doesn't mind making all that money here but he hates the country....please send him back to wherever the hell he came from!

We invaded Iraq to "liberate". Not that I agree with it. And Delgado doesn't say he is against fighting terrorism, he was against the invasion of Iraq. Maybe he would have been for it if GWB let it pass a "global test" or something like that.

 

Also, I don't like "God Bless America". Does that make me a bad american because I don't think MLB doesn't needs to be overtaken by national pride?

Boy! Is this country in trouble! Terrorism is why we are in Iraq, id#&$s!

Good luck this summer Marlin fans! I'll keep on a lurking but personally, I hope Delgado has a lousy season. He doesn't mind making all that money here but he hates the country....please send him back to wherever the hell he came from!

670488[/snapback]

 

 

Just because he's against the Iraq war doesn't mean he hates the US.

Boy! Is this country in trouble! Terrorism is why we are in Iraq, id#&$s!

Good luck this summer Marlin fans! I'll keep on a lurking but personally, I hope Delgado has a lousy season. He doesn't mind making all that money here but he hates the country....please send him back to wherever the hell he came from!

670488[/snapback]

 

Uh, he's from Puerto Rico, which last time I checked is a territory of the U.S., making Delgado a U.S. citizen.

 

I don't agree with Carlos view of why God Bless America is sung. It started after 9/11 and is a show of unity for the country, and not necessarily to show support of the war in Iraq. There are many Americans who support the war on terrorism, but believe the war in Iraq was unnecessary.

it's a baseball game, i think they need to bring back take me out to the ball game during the 7th inning stretch

670501[/snapback]

 

That is what the Marlins usually sing. It is only on Sundays they were singing God Bless America.

I support going after terrorists, but the war in Iraq was a waste of time, money, and American/Iraqi lives.

 

I'm glad that Delgado actually had the guts to speak about his views, and take a political stance.

i dont understand you people...we just signed one of the best hitters in baseball...and all you can do is start up negative convo....He has freedom of speech...let him do as he pleases....as long as he doenst cause a negative vibe in the clubhouse...is fine with me...

 

Fritz....i hope you dont even cheer when delgado hits a homerun or drives in a run...if you consider him an "America Hater"...

i dont understand you people...we just signed one of the best hitters in baseball...and all you can do is start up negative convo....He has freedom of speech...let him do as he pleases....as long as he doenst cause a negative vibe in the clubhouse...is fine with me...

 

Fritz....i hope you dont even cheer when delgado hits a homerun or drives in a run...if you consider him an "America Hater"...

670524[/snapback]

 

Learn about sarcasm, n00b.

Hey Kiddies...if you are so against Delgado taking a stand ask yourself why? Is it because you have been brainwashed by mommy and daddy? Is it because you have been brainwashed by politicians and media that have you believing that Iraq is the result of 9/11?

 

Hey, that's unfair. I believe you are preaching what you know in your heart is right. You believe the war is right. You believe the cost in lives and money is unfortunate but needed. I urge you to do one thing and that is to really stand up for your beliefs and join the Military. Go fight this war on terrorism...in Iraq. Go make Osama pay for what he did....in Iraq.

 

Don't ask others to die for your beliefs. Don't knock people for standing up for what they think is right when the only thing you are willing to do is allow others to die for your cause.

W/o getting into the merits of the war in Iraq the reality is about half of our country is against the war. To me that is not the issue. the issue is about respect. nobody is asking him to sing, just stand there. Having said that, he can show his displeasure anyway he wants and all of us have the right to voice our opinion against his stance.

 

Let's not forget he stands with his hat on his heart during the national anthem, he just shows his displeasure during G-d bless America.

 

My personal feeling is that throughout sports I root for players based on their performance on the field and which uniform they where. unless they beat there wives or molest children etc. I will be cheering for a player if he is giving 100% towards the team wining.

I don't care what his political views are, all I care about is his performance on the field. He is not standing for God Bless America, BIG DEAL, last time I checked, God Bless America was not our national anthem. It's a great song and I proudly stand for it, but if Delgado doesn't want to, that's his perogative.

 

You guys need to be concerned about the political views of the legislators and others in a position of power, not professional athletes.

 

This thread should be closed or moved to the BullPen forum, we don't need this garbage in the main Marlins board.

Boy! Is this country in trouble! Terrorism is why we are in Iraq, id#&$s!

Good luck this summer Marlin fans! I'll keep on a lurking but personally, I hope Delgado has a lousy season. He doesn't mind making all that money here but he hates the country....please send him back to wherever the hell he came from!

670488[/snapback]

 

 

 

we arent really in iraq for terrorism

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.