Carlos Delgado

Guest Jack1

See sig.

670420[/snapback]

:lol

Awesome Fritz. And can we delete this thread? We already have 6 billion threads on the subject. And he's using his right to free speech as is your right to not agree with what he's doing.

670425[/snapback]

I thought disagreeeing with the government and being able to show it is one of the big freedoms of America.

See sig.

670420[/snapback]

Awesome Fritz. And can we delete this thread? We already have 6 billion threads on the subject. And he's using his right to free speech as is your right to not agree with what he's doing.

670425[/snapback]

I thought disagreeeing with the government and being able to show it is one of the big freedoms of America.

670430[/snapback]

Sarcasm my slow witted friend. :plain

See sig.

670420[/snapback]

670425[/snapback]

670430[/snapback]

Sarcasm my slow witted friend. :plain

670434[/snapback]

O shyt lol, I thought the guy was serious because he had the America Hater Sig like he really hates Delgado or something

Being against the war is one thing being against fighting terrorism is something else

670459[/snapback]

Where did he say he was against fighting terrorism?

Being against the war is one thing being against fighting terrorism is something else

670459[/snapback]

670479[/snapback]

thats what Jack1 said about delgado. im just saying that notwanting to fightterrorism and protesting the war are two compltely different things. I myself did not support the invasion

670459[/snapback]

670479[/snapback]

thats what Jack1 said about delgado. im just saying that notwanting to fightterrorism and protesting the war are two compltely different things. I myself did not support the invasion

670485[/snapback]

Oh, you made it seem like Delgado said that he was against fighting terrorism. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Boy! Is this country in trouble! Terrorism is why we are in Iraq, id#&$s!

Good luck this summer Marlin fans! I'll keep on a lurking but personally, I hope Delgado has a lousy season. He doesn't mind making all that money here but he hates the country....please send him back to wherever the hell he came from!

We invaded Iraq to "liberate". Not that I agree with it. And Delgado doesn't say he is against fighting terrorism, he was against the invasion of Iraq. Maybe he would have been for it if GWB let it pass a "global test" or something like that.

Also, I don't like "God Bless America". Does that make me a bad american because I don't think MLB doesn't needs to be overtaken by national pride?

Guest Moneyball

Good luck this summer Marlin fans! I'll keep on a lurking but personally, I hope Delgado has a lousy season. He doesn't mind making all that money here but he hates the country....please send him back to wherever the hell he came from!

670488[/snapback]

Just because he's against the Iraq war doesn't mean he hates the US.

670488[/snapback]

Uh, he's from Puerto Rico, which last time I checked is a territory of the U.S., making Delgado a U.S. citizen.

I don't agree with Carlos view of why God Bless America is sung. It started after 9/11 and is a show of unity for the country, and not necessarily to show support of the war in Iraq. There are many Americans who support the war on terrorism, but believe the war in Iraq was unnecessary.

i dont understand you people...we just signed one of the best hitters in baseball...and all you can do is start up negative convo....He has freedom of speech...let him do as he pleases....as long as he doenst cause a negative vibe in the clubhouse...is fine with me...

Fritz....i hope you dont even cheer when delgado hits a homerun or drives in a run...if you consider him an "America Hater"...

i dont understand you people...we just signed one of the best hitters in baseball...and all you can do is start up negative convo....He has freedom of speech...let him do as he pleases....as long as he doenst cause a negative vibe in the clubhouse...is fine with me...

Fritz....i hope you dont even cheer when delgado hits a homerun or drives in a run...if you consider him an "America Hater"...

670524[/snapback]

Learn about sarcasm, n00b.

Hey Kiddies...if you are so against Delgado taking a stand ask yourself why? Is it because you have been brainwashed by mommy and daddy? Is it because you have been brainwashed by politicians and media that have you believing that Iraq is the result of 9/11?

Hey, that's unfair. I believe you are preaching what you know in your heart is right. You believe the war is right. You believe the cost in lives and money is unfortunate but needed. I urge you to do one thing and that is to really stand up for your beliefs and join the Military. Go fight this war on terrorism...in Iraq. Go make Osama pay for what he did....in Iraq.

Don't ask others to die for your beliefs. Don't knock people for standing up for what they think is right when the only thing you are willing to do is allow others to die for your cause.

W/o getting into the merits of the war in Iraq the reality is about half of our country is against the war. To me that is not the issue. the issue is about respect. nobody is asking him to sing, just stand there. Having said that, he can show his displeasure anyway he wants and all of us have the right to voice our opinion against his stance.

Let's not forget he stands with his hat on his heart during the national anthem, he just shows his displeasure during G-d bless America.

My personal feeling is that throughout sports I root for players based on their performance on the field and which uniform they where. unless they beat there wives or molest children etc. I will be cheering for a player if he is giving 100% towards the team wining.

I don't care what his political views are, all I care about is his performance on the field. He is not standing for God Bless America, BIG DEAL, last time I checked, God Bless America was not our national anthem. It's a great song and I proudly stand for it, but if Delgado doesn't want to, that's his perogative.

You guys need to be concerned about the political views of the legislators and others in a position of power, not professional athletes.

This thread should be closed or moved to the BullPen forum, we don't need this garbage in the main Marlins board.

670488[/snapback]

we arent really in iraq for terrorism

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.