What does it take?...

Ramp

Unless they move someone, where do you play him. A lot is about money. You should know no one prolly wants any of these except Lowell. He maybe the only option to get him in the lineup EVERYDAY otherwise, no opportunity.

Conine $$$$

Enc $$$$

Cabrera - not getting rid of

LoDuca - $$$$

Lowell - $$$$

Willingham needs to be traded. He will never be a star and we could get something decent in return for him. Playing in Albquerque will inflate your stats (EX-Mark Little, Joe Dillon, Jason Wood, Padgett)

There is a reason why they have hit so many homers- it is the ballpark.

Don't get me wrong, I like Willingham a lot but I think he will be traded.

Trade him (and maybe others) for bullpen help and/or a starting pitcher.

800421[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? trade for a pitcher right now would be the dumbest move, have u been watching the games??? our starting pitchers (except Leiter) are dominating the first 7 innings, it's our stupid offense that stinks, all of our "big bats" ain't doing s***. I predict we will remain in this slump for weeks to come, and will probably snap out of it when it's too late already. This whole season is just turning out like last year, in order for it to be changes, the organization needs to make real changes. Look at the whole Mark Wiley situation, I think the fact we got him our starting pitchers have improved dramatically from last year. I say get rid of everyone except Luis, Cabs, Delgado. LoDuca & Easly, screw the rest of our offense. And please promote Willingham to the majors.

Just a thought:

Willy's been with the big club before and didn't come close to replicating his huge minor league numbers. Now, while I feel Willy's plate discipline and ability to adapt is what this offense is lacking, the Marlins may view Willy as nothing more than a chip and they'd rather see him thrive at AAA instead of be average in the majors. If he's called up and struggles, his trade value is nil, but if he's called up and tears it up, it creates a headache for the F.O. because Pierre and Lowell are making too much money to sit, and unfortunately, they're both fan faves.

So, for everyone expecting Willingham to save the team, I think you may have to keep waiting...

Trade him (and maybe others) for bullpen help and/or a starting pitcher.

800421[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? trade for a pitcher right now would be the dumbest move, have u been watching the games??? our starting pitchers (except Leiter) are dominating the first 7 innings, it's our stupid offense that stinks, all of our "big bats" ain't doing s***. I predict we will remain in this slump for weeks to come, and will probably snap out of it when it's too late already. This whole season is just turning out like last year, in order for it to be changes, the organization needs to make real changes. Look at the whole Mark Wiley situation, I think the fact we got him our starting pitchers have improved dramatically from last year. I say get rid of everyone except Luis, Cabs, Delgado. LoDuca & Easly, screw the rest of our offense. And please promote Willingham to the majors.

800460[/snapback]

Well it's pretty demoralizing for your offense to be down 5-0 or so before they even get a chance to bat (Leiter). Sooner or later Moehler will stop overachieving, Dontrelle will not be quite as solid, and who knows what injuries can plague Josh or AJ. Then what do the Marlins do? Start Logan Kensing or Frank Castillo.

Right now the way things are the offense has more potential than the bullpen.

800802[/snapback]

Well, then there is Ismael Valdez...I know a lot of people have no faith on the guy and honestly I am not a big fan of him but we have that 5th starter that might get the job done and use Leiter as our sixth starter/bullpen guy. I do think pitching is very important but let's be honest here, pitching is not what has been killing us, is our dormant/pathetic and animic offense. I think we broke the record on leaving RISP stranded. I don't think we need an extra slugger, what we need is someone like a vintage Pierre (circa-03) or even a Pudge Rodriguez who can always put the ball in play, we can't afford to keep loosing games this way it's pathetic. I mean Jesus Christ Brian Moehler kept us in the game and gave us the only 2 RBI's!!!! BRIAN f***ING MOEHLER!!!!! he's had what? 2 hits on his whole major league career??!?!? I said it before and I say it again, f*** THE MARLINS. :banghead

Just a thought:

Willy's been with the big club before and didn't come close to replicating his huge minor league numbers. Now, while I feel Willy's plate discipline and ability to adapt is what this offense is lacking, the Marlins may view Willy as nothing more than a chip and they'd rather see him thrive at AAA instead of be average in the majors. If he's called up and struggles, his trade value is nil, but if he's called up and tears it up, it creates a headache for the F.O. because Pierre and Lowell are making too much money to sit, and unfortunately, they're both fan faves.

So, for everyone expecting Willingham to save the team, I think you may have to keep waiting...

800476[/snapback]

Willy had 20 or so at bats spread out over a few weeks

and anyway, Miguel Cabrera didnt exactly light the world on fire his first 60 at bats or so

Willingham needs to be traded. He will never be a star and we could get something decent in return for him. Playing in Albquerque will inflate your stats (EX-Mark Little, Joe Dillon, Jason Wood, Padgett)

There is a reason why they have hit so many homers- it is the ballpark.

Don't get me wrong, I like Willingham a lot but I think he will be traded.

800449[/snapback]

oh yea?.... so whats your excuse on his big power numbers in Carolina last year?

Just a thought:

Willy's been with the big club before and didn't come close to replicating his huge minor league numbers.? Now, while I feel Willy's plate discipline and ability to adapt is what this offense is lacking, the Marlins may view Willy as nothing more than a chip and they'd rather see him thrive at AAA instead of be average in the majors.? If he's called up and struggles, his trade value is nil, but if he's called up and tears it up, it creates a headache for the F.O. because Pierre and Lowell are making too much money to sit, and unfortunately, they're both fan faves.

800476[/snapback]

and anyway, Miguel Cabrera didnt exactly light the world on fire his first 60 at bats or so

800919[/snapback]

He did in his first at bat. :plain

800929[/snapback]

I believe the homer was on his fifth at-bat, and if I remember correctly he was 0-4 in the game, up until then. I remember during the trade deadline, most of the board wanted to send Cabs back down to the minors and trade for Rondell White( :plain ), we're all glad that didn't happen. :thumbup