Philosophical Question

Guest Juanky

Guest Juanky

Those stats are with each starting 11 games.

This is a stem out of a previous conversation. Neither of the two pitchers in this poll are involved directly in that debate, however it goes well to show which side of the debate you land on as each pitcher is weak in one area and strong in the other. If you know who each pitcher is (or just one of them), please don't reveal it.

So the question is clear: Who do you take of these two, and why?

pitcher a's win loss record do not reflect pitcher a's stats, it reflects his team stats, if pitcher a's record resembled his stats it would be close to pitcher b's win loss record...and vise versa

interesting, another philosophical question

aj burnett or chan ho park

804345[/snapback]

This is a stem out of a previous conversation. Neither of the two pitchers in this poll are involved directly in that debate, however it goes well to show which side of the debate you land on as each pitcher is weak in one area and strong in the other. If you know who each pitcher is (or just one of them), please don't reveal it.

:plain

Guest Moneyball

I voted A becuase he's clearly the better pitcher.

I know a certain person on the board that's going to pick B because "he knows how to win".

Great point Juanky.

Thanks for

A) Not reading my original post and

B) Ruining the poll

804394[/snapback]

what was your point of this post, to try and trick the people that weren't watching the game and try and pull a fast one? 90% of the poeple on here are watching the game and already heard them talking about it.

Guest Juanky

Thanks for

A) Not reading my original post and

B) Ruining the poll

what was your point of this post, to try and trick the people that weren't watching the game and try and pull a fast one? 90% of the poeple on here are watching the game and already heard them talking about it.No, the point of the poll was to get concrete reasons to why people believe in wins or believe in other stats for determining the value of a pitcher. In revealing that one of the pitchers is a Marlin and one is not, the quality of the poll is derailed because many people will biasely choose the Marlin over the non-Marlin out of plain homerism.

Thanks though, I appreciate it.

Now, if you're done being a schmuck, hopefully the thread can go back to the debate on which pitcher is better, the one with low wins and high stats or low stats and high wins.

Guest Moneyball

Juanky you might wanna add that pitcher B is hitting 1.000 for the season.

Because how a pitcher hits should determine how good he is. :plain

Not all of us live in Florida, so we don't know what was said on the broadcast. Anyway, Pitcher A gives you a better chance to win every time and is the better choice for your team for that reason. Wins are a better stat for long-term analysis. Good pitchers over time will win. In the short term, things like run support and bad fielding behind them from game to game can skew their results.