mark redman >>> zito

NewMarlinOnboard

mark redman is been better than zito and if we want to trade for zito why not better trade for the former marlin who is real solid and can outpitched leiter and zito anyday plus he is cheaper than both,zito has an option for $7,000,000.00 next year so i dont know weather the pirates wants to deal redman or not but how about this trade

marlins get:

redman

Rob Mackowiak

pirates get:

jason stokes

encarnacion

willinham

kensing

now it might look like am giving up a lot of prospects but we aint really using none of them so why not do this trade,althought they'll be short of a starting pitcher

Terrible trade........ for the Pirates. Redman is easily our most solid pitcher and Mack is doing exceptionally well this year. I wouldn't do this in a million years.

805661[/snapback]

Yeah but you guys are ten games back and Redman is 31..not exactly the future of the franchise. Mackowiak is 28 and his numbers would be replaced by Encs. I would have thought you would have done it for Willingham. But hey, I see where you are coming from.

I really think we can get Zito for Willingham and another prospect...if we want to. Do we need Zito though? Isnt our problem the bullpen?

I thought about getting Redman back because I already know he is a winner. The problem is that he is awful in the playoffs- at least he was in '03.

I wouldnt mind getting Red back but we dont need Mackowiak and we are giving up a whole lot.

805654[/snapback]

i know we are BUT:

jason stokes is not in our future

neither is kensing,i love willingham but he hasnt been the type of catcher we were expecting so he is a liability and Mackowiak replace encarnacion so here is how it would look.

1-juan pierre

2-luis castillo

3-cabrera

4-delgado

5-lowell

6-Mackowiak---------> vs LHP platoon w/conine

7-loduca

8-alex

9-redman

we have power from 3 through 6

beckett

redman

burnett

willis

moehler

I really think we can get Zito for Willingham and another prospect...if we want to. Do we need Zito though? Isnt our problem the bullpen?

805662[/snapback]

I think it'll take more than that. Probably Willingham and 2 of our top pitching prospects. Redman would be cheaper financially and prospect-wise. If we can get him for Stokes, Bazardo, and maybe Messenger or one of our lower level prospects I think we should do it. I still believe our bullpen problems will work themselves out. The Leiter problem will not.

Terrible trade........ for the Pirates. Redman is easily our most solid pitcher and Mack is doing exceptionally well this year. I wouldn't do this in a million years.

805661[/snapback]

Yeah but you guys are ten games back and Redman is 31..not exactly the future of the franchise. Mackowiak is 28 and his numbers would be replaced by Encs. I would have thought you would have done it for Willingham. But hey, I see where you are coming from.

805662[/snapback]

Ignore the NL Central, the Cards have it on lock. Take a look at the Wild Card race then tell me that the Pirates are out of it.

805661[/snapback]

805662[/snapback]

Ignore the NL Central, the Cards have it on lock. Take a look at the Wild Card race then tell me that the Pirates are out of it.

805668[/snapback]

the pirates will be out by the end of june no offence

805661[/snapback]

805662[/snapback]

805668[/snapback]

the pirates will not make the post season :plain

I'm totally for getting Redman, he is, in my opinion, the best pitcher avaliable to be aquired via trade. He proved himself with the Marlins before, and is showing his stuff with the Pirates this year. Even if he isn't a post season type pitcher, we only need him to solidify the rotation to get us INTO the playoffs. The problem of course is how much is he worth? I'm not sure if he is worth a large investment of minor leaguers, but he is a proven veteran and is worth something. I'd love to get him, lets hope the Pirates are open to trading him. GO FISH!

I agree that most likely the pirates will end up out of it. But, right now since our series they have been hot. They wont be trading anythingtill the cool off. I see them next year though being a good run at that wild card if they add some payroll actually. (they have the young talent they need 1 or 2 folks, or just play us daily)

Now I think you have a chance at Redman or Zito. But both will cost a large amount of prospects. Personally, I wouldnt mind Mesa and Redman from them, that would be a nice pick up I think.

One question they are a low payroll team, why would they want Enc salary?

Ha, the Pirates will be out by the end of June..... Marlin fans of all people saying someone can't and wont make the playoffs. Didn't everyone give them no shot except you in '03? Anyways, how the fish are playing you can say THEY will be out of contention by the end of July. Who outperformed them a week and a half ago? Thanks. I remember we took 3 out of 4 from your fish. The 2005 Pirates are EASILY better than your Marlins. Reply back when the Marlins play as well as the Bucs have been the last few weeks.

or I could just say "OMFG fIrE b1LL R0bEnsEn!#" or "bREENG UP WilLENGHAM!"

Ha, the Pirates will be out by the end of June..... Marlin fans of all people saying someone can't and wont make the playoffs. Didn't everyone give them no shot except you in '03? Anyways, how the fish are playing you can say THEY will be out of contention by the end of July. Who outperformed them a week and a half ago? Thanks. I remember we took 3 out of 4 from your fish. The 2005 Pirates are EASILY better than your Marlins. Reply back when the Marlins play as well as the Bucs have been the last few weeks.

or I could just say "OMFG fIrE b1LL R0bEnsEn!#" or "bREENG UP WilLENGHAM!"

806227[/snapback]

games against the devil rays = win streaks

Have you been following them at all? We took series from your marlins, braves, orioles, etc. They aren't exactly the bottom feeders of the MLB.

806231[/snapback]

I still take the Marlins over the Pirates.

The Pirates just have the Marlins' number.

Have you been following them at all? We took series from your marlins, braves, orioles, etc. They aren't exactly the bottom feeders of the MLB.

806231[/snapback]

806236[/snapback]

Orioles number too? Braves? Come back and say the Pirates suck and will fall off if they get swept by the Yanks and Sox next week. If we take those series or hell, just go .500, give them some damn props.

806231[/snapback]

806236[/snapback]

Orioles number too? Braves? Come back and say the Pirates suck and will fall off if they get swept by the Yanks and Sox next week. If we take those series or hell, just go .500, give them some damn props.

806240[/snapback]

Nah, I give the Pirates props. However, I was stating they've had the Marlins' number for the past few years.