What to do with Leiter??

When Valdez comes back, Leiter will be going to the pen.

806259[/snapback]

Says who?

806261[/snapback]

Says common sense :D .

Despite all the unjust negativity towards Valdez last year, he was one of the best #5 starters in baseball.

806264[/snapback]

He'd be a solid #3 or 4 starter on many teams. I miss that guy.

806259[/snapback]

Says who?

806261[/snapback]

Despite all the unjust negativity towards Valdez last year, he was one of the best #5 starters in baseball.

806264[/snapback]

He'd be a solid #3 or 4 starter on many teams. I miss that guy.

806275[/snapback]

For what teams? TB, KC, Colorado...lets not get ahead of ourselves with Valdez...but one thing is for sure, he is BETTER than Leiter

Guest Jack1

806259[/snapback]

Says who?

806261[/snapback]

806264[/snapback]

Leiter would be terrible coming out of the bullpen!!

Leiter would be terrible coming out of the bullpen!!

806307[/snapback]

I agree 100%. The only time Jack could use Leiter is to eat up some innings when the game is out of control. It's a real problem. If Valdez replaces Al in the rotation, then Al would only get opportunities when we need that 6th starter.

I still think the Marlins should find another starter somewhere. There's no telling how Valdez will do when he comes back. Al Leiter in the pen is a scary thought too given his walks/inning numbers.

I say just don't let him pitch anymore and give him his damn $7 million.

806329[/snapback]

I'm sure Loria is just beside himself over it. That's $7M down the toilet. Ouch.

I have no idea what I'd do with Leiter. I sure as hell don't want him in the bullpen because one thing I cannot stomach from a reliever is walks, and Leiter puts guys on base CONSTANTLY.

When Valdez comes back, I'd give him a couple starts to see how he does. If he pitches at least DECENT, send Leiter to the pen & use him only in blowouts for long relief.

I'm sorry, but 114 pitches in 4 1/3 innings is horrible.

There are no excuses for that. Pretty much anyone in the minors right now could pitch like he did tonight.

806404[/snapback]

The home plate umpire also had me and a lot of fans in my section groaning on a lot of botched called third strikes on Leiter. I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying that I feel that he had his moments where the umpire unfairly extending his work load.