Derek Leave?

The_Punisher

Funny how when Derek Lee was here many of you called him Derek Leave cause you wanted him gone so bad, now most of the posts here show signs of a change of heart, anyone else notice this? Goes to show u don't know what you have until you lose it, Derek was an asset to this ballclub, and now he has a hot bat, who would've thought?

It's all the park man. He wouldn't hit here. Besides he's not clutch.

807608[/snapback]

You blame his success on the park?

Didnt you hear on ESPN yesterday why he is hitting so good?

He turned into a better hitter, admit it.

807610[/snapback]

He definetly is a better hitter but he does benefit from hitting at Wrigley. I'm surea handful of HR's are fly balls at PPS.

I dunno who called him that. I sure didnt.

But you are right- he was very underappreciated among Marlin fans. Hell, it seems like more fans liked Hee Seop more than Lee.

I remember that fans didn't like him because he wasn't clutch. I remember a game in which the Marlins trailed by 1 in the 9th with 2 outs and none on and Lee hit a homer to center to tie it. Also, Lee had a big hit vs. the Cubs in the NLCS. I miss him but not much because we have Carlos now!

1. Who called him Derek Leave?

2. I supported the trade for HSC bc we needed to cut some payroll to make room for other guys to sign, and DLee just never hit well at PPS. I think all of us knew he would flat out tear it up at Wrigley, just like Preston Wilson did in 2003 at Coors

Derrek Lee hit 31 HRs with us in 2003.

He hit 32 in 2004 with the Cubs.

The park didn't seem to be that much of a factor..

807705[/snapback]

in 2003, he hit 11 at home and 20 on the road

in 2004 he hit 18 at home and 14 on the road

807725[/snapback]

In 2005, 10 at home and 7 on the road. Lee is having a great season but frequently talked about how he didn't like hitting at PPS, and if we kept him there would be no way he'd be a Triple Crown contender right now.

It's all the park man.? He wouldn't hit here.? Besides he's not clutch.

807608[/snapback]

You blame his success on the park?

Didnt you hear on ESPN yesterday why he is hitting so good?

He turned into a better hitter, admit it.

807610[/snapback]

I was being sarcatic. I love DLee. I'm over him not being here, however. It's sweet justice though. :D

I will go on record saying that I hated Lee when he was here, and I continue to hate him now. I wouldn't take him back as a Marlin. Just because the guy is having a good first 3 months does not mean everyone on this board needs to start defending the guy. He did not cut it as a Marlin, and he wouldn't be if he were on the team now. There are too many fair-weathered fans here who only think about "what have you done for me lately?" God it sounds like Yankee fans.

I will go on record saying that I hated Lee when he was here, and I continue to hate him now. I wouldn't take him back as a Marlin. Just because the guy is having a good first 3 months does not mean everyone on this board needs to start defending the guy. He did not cut it as a Marlin, and he wouldn't be if he were on the team now. There are too many fair-weathered fans here who only think about "what have you done for me lately?" God it sounds like Yankee fans.

808163[/snapback]

He was a solid 20 HR guy and a superb defensive 1B his left four years here. He wasn't putting up the kind of numbers he's doing now, but he wasn't a worthless player that would lead anyone to hate him.

I think D-Lee would not put numbers hes putting up in Chicago right now if he was still a Marlin and I don't think it has too much to do with Wrigley Field and such. He just didn't seem to be able to hit @ home in Teal. But, now he's hitting @ Home as a Cub. He's just better off as a Cub. Good for D-Lee.

Funny how when Derek Lee was here many of you called him Derek Leave cause you wanted him gone so bad, now most of the posts here show signs of a change of heart, anyone else notice this? Goes to show u don't know what you have until you lose it, Derek was an asset to this ballclub, and now he has a hot bat, who would've thought?

807564[/snapback]

He definitely had his detractors here, but I've never seen the nickname "Derek Leave" ever on this board. Want to make up another one?

807564[/snapback]

He definitely had his detractors here, but I've never seen the nickname "Derek Leave" ever on this board. Want to make up another one?

808246[/snapback]

Derrek Leave was from like 2000 on the ESPN boards...

along with Luis Crapstillo and others I forget