33,897 today at the game

There were 14,000 kids from summer camp in attendance, not 30,000.

So if those kids from summer camp didn't come, there would have been only ~20k "real" fans, which is still pretty good for a brutal 100+ degree day game during the week.

It was funny though, the lower infield sections were damn near empty but the upperdeck way PACKED to the rafters so I guess people watching on TV had no idea.

Guest Juanky

Man, I like summer afternoon games. Not only does the blazing heat make for good trash talk, but today we got to sit in section 154 thanks to a buddy of mine and the amount of attractive women was definitely up from the norm.

HOLY CRAP! when i read the title of this post i thought it was a joke. during the game i checked the stadium web cam to check on the rain delay (i had to follow the game via cbs sportsline from work) and the lower deck was EMPTY so i thought AT BEST 10,000 people. thats incredible. especially since tickets were 1/2 price. man that is great. i dont care if its 30,000 blind people. as long as they can cheer for the right team i want them in my ballpark!

There was NO WAY there were 33K+ at the game today. The upper deck was pretty damn packed, but there was NO ONE in the lower bowl at all! I would say it was easily more camp kids than regular fans. I think the number is skewed because each camp bought a whole lot more tickets than kids that actually went on the trip. 20,000 would be my guess actually in attendance.

i was buying tickets for tomorrows game at marlins in miami and the infield box on the first base side was pretty much sold out for tomorrow, and not much left along the third base line..

then he said that saturdays game was almost completely sold out.

maybe true, who knows, maybe just trying to get me to buy more tickets.

i was buying tickets for tomorrows game at marlins in miami and the infield box on the first base side was pretty much sold out for tomorrow, and not much left along the third base line..

then he said that saturdays game was almost completely sold out.

maybe true, who knows, maybe just trying to get me to buy more tickets.

845479[/snapback]

It's so gosh darn ghey that every time we expect the big crowds for the Chicago series mother nature intervenes. If it can stay dry, with Dontrelle pitching tomorrow it'll be a seller's paradise out there.