Delgado doesn't like all this trade talk

Accord

Delgado felt the trade talk, which could involve a deal to Baltimore, was distracting.

?It is tough, being in that situation where you?re getting shopped around,? Delgado said. ?Sometimes you don?t even know, you know. They?re writing stuff that you?re not even aware of.?

Major FO PR screw-up.? Poorly done.? Potentially disasterous.

It affects the whole team.? This is Mickey Mouse.

867255[/snapback]

Maybe if they decide to keep Burnett it could be a huge morale boost like keeping Lowell in 2003.

867262[/snapback]

Trades are apart of the buisness I think that the team knows that, as long as the FO makes some smart moves and keeps the Fish in a position to compete the players will probably keep the moral up. Besides some new faces could spark some energy as well.

That's not good, the Marlins better have some explaining, this is apparently affecting the whole team and it's little bit of chemistry, how about we forget the whole trading AJ thing, and focus on bringing in a great pitcher for our bullpen , and possibly a starter such as oakland's Barry Zito, then see which one we can resign, AJ or Barry, either way, I'd still be way more happy than if we got that crap from orioles, or atleast if we re-sign zito, the trade with O's would be less that bad.

You know, if we're selling parts for the future and forgetting about this season and possibly next season, don't be surprised if Delgado demands a trade. He came to the Marlins, over the Mets, because he wanted to win and get into the playoffs.? :plain

867254[/snapback]

It's statements like this that are getting into Delgado's head and having him wonder if he's next. Beinfest is not writing off the rest of this season. He is not building a youth movement. He is in no way conducting a firesale. Disagree all you want with the rumored packages but he's obviously trying to get immediate help. You don't trade for platoon players and relievers to compete next year.

While I agree he isn't really giving up, how is Penn immediate help?

867279[/snapback]

Bigbie, Julio, Kline are all role players. The type of players who add to a contender.

867280[/snapback]

:lol

You are joking right?

867284[/snapback]

Are you saying that these players are not good? If so, I'd agree with you.

But that's speaks to Beinfest's scouting abilities, not the idea behind the trade.

You know, if we're selling parts for the future and forgetting about this season and possibly next season, don't be surprised if Delgado demands a trade. He came to the Marlins, over the Mets, because he wanted to win and get into the playoffs. :plain

867254[/snapback]

Agree and disagree. I agree that delgado came here to win and if we arent doing that in the next couple of years he'll want out. Disagree because he's getting his money anyways. He's coming towards the end of his career and his next stop will be an AL team as a DH. If he is traded (and im not talking about htis year) it will because we wont be able to pay him.

And w/ that my posting time is up. time to go home.

Guest markotsay7

Remember, Lowell was 95% the reason Delgado signed here...

867349[/snapback]

According to?

I remember reading that 64.7% of statistics are made up on the spot.

867349[/snapback]

Lowell was NOT the major reason Delgado signed here. Yes, Delgado called Lowell as he was exploring his options. But that was not in any way the major attraction to the Marlins. And players like Delgado and Lowell certainly understand the business of baseball. Simple fact is, trades are made every season. Players end up on different teams.

867349[/snapback]

Lowell was NOT the major reason Delgado signed here. Yes, Delgado called Lowell as he was exploring his options. But that was not in any way the major attraction to the Marlins. And players like Delgado and Lowell certainly understand the business of baseball. Simple fact is, trades are made every season. Players end up on different teams.

867528[/snapback]

Well, to all you sheep out here who believes everything Teal Shadow/EdCanes says as an "insider," then you'll be pretty stunned to learn that Ed credited Lowell heavily with the convincing of Carlos. Additionally, any fans here with some form of memory retention will recall that at the introductory press conference, Delgado kept talking about all he and Lowell had discussed/planned for this coming season.

I feel pretty comfortable saying that had Lowell opted out and headed to another team this offseason, Delgado probably would be playing for the Mets right now...