If we don't win the next two we should be sellers

vinivedivichi

I know a lot of people don't want to hear this, but at some point you have start looking at the future. We have a few big chips that other teams could covet that could net us some pieces for the future.

Trade:

Juan Pierre

Juan Enc

AJ

Trading those guys should give us some nice ML ready talent. The good thing about setting our sights on next year is that it allows us to bring up our young guys that are ready to play in the majors. Let Hermidia, Olsen, and Vargas get some valuable experience so that next year they're not just thrown into the fire.

2006 Lineup

Luis

hermidia

Cabrera

Delgado

Lowell (hopefully in pre '05 form)

LoDuca

OF/SS

OF/SS

The top 6 is pretty deep. I expect either the OF or SS will be a younger guy, then the other is should be a stopgap type veteran or maybe more depending on what Beinfest can do. I have no idea what we will get from trading those guys, but I'm sure they'll net us some top rate prospects.

2006 rotation

Beckett

Willis

Olsen

Veteran

Vargas

That's most likely gonna be our rotation in 2006 regardless of whether we sell now or not. I'd definitely like to bring the young guys up now and see what they can do.

Trading those guys should give us some nice ML ready talent.? The good thing about setting our sights on next year is that it allows us to bring up our young guys that are ready to play in the majors.? Let Hermidia, Olsen, and Vargas get some valuable experience so that next year they're not just thrown into the fire.?

2006 Lineup

Luis

hermidia

Cabrera

Delgado

LoDuca

OF/SS

OF/SS

The top 6 is pretty deep.? I expect either the OF or SS will be a younger guy, then the other is should be a stopgap type veteran or maybe more depending on what Beinfest can do.? I have no idea what we will get from trading those guys, but I'm sure they'll net us some top rate prospects.

871631[/snapback]

Umm I expect Gonzalez to be back, and in the small chance he is not his place will be taken by Andido. As far as the 5th starter goes, in case Moehler doesnt come back, I think we should look towards the Pirates, we could probably get Kip Wells and Ryan Voglesong very cheap(we could get Voglesong for a low A pitcher and both... LHP Adam Brandenburg and RHP Chris Mobely could get that deal done). They could both benefit greatly from pitching in our stadium.

Trading those guys should give us some nice ML ready talent. The good thing about setting our sights on next year is that it allows us to bring up our young guys that are ready to play in the majors. Let Hermidia, Olsen, and Vargas get some valuable experience so that next year they're not just thrown into the fire.

2006 Lineup

Luis

hermidia

Cabrera

Delgado

LoDuca

OF/SS

OF/SS

The top 6 is pretty deep. I expect either the OF or SS will be a younger guy, then the other is should be a stopgap type veteran or maybe more depending on what Beinfest can do. I have no idea what we will get from trading those guys, but I'm sure they'll net us some top rate prospects.

871631[/snapback]

Umm I expect Gonzalez to be back, and in the small chance he is not his place will be taken by Andido.

871864[/snapback]

If we don't get rid of Lowell this year, wave bye bye to Alex. No way we can afford him, he will command at least 6-7 million per year, and you better believe the White Sox and Ozzie Guillen will be the front runners. Hello Robert Andino, I hope you're ready.

If we don't get rid of Lowell this year, wave bye bye to Alex. No way we can afford him, he will command at least 6-7 million per year, and you better believe the White Sox and Ozzie Guillen will be the front runners. Hello Robert Andino, I hope you're ready.

871880[/snapback]

Actually I think we could afford him anyway, my guess is he will ask 4 years at $24 million. This is one of the reasons I wanted to get a look at Andidos defense.

I don't think it would be a good idea to trade away Pierre. He seems like the kind of guy who would resign with the Marlins at a discount. The park is perfect for him and he's really tight with Dontrelle, so he'll want to stay. No real reason to get rid of him either, he is still incredibly productive.

871882[/snapback]

.318 OBP for your leadoff is nowhere near "incredibly productive" esp. when your # 2 hitter has a .415 OBP and we have a guy in the minors right now named Jeremy Hermida who has a .458 OBP in a pitchers ballpark who would be perfect in that # 2 hole for the next 10 years.

I don't think it would be a good idea to trade away Pierre. He seems like the kind of guy who would resign with the Marlins at a discount. The park is perfect for him and he's really tight with Dontrelle, so he'll want to stay. No real reason to get rid of him either, he is still incredibly productive.

871882[/snapback]

.318 OBP for your leadoff is nowhere near "incredibly productive" esp. when your # 2 hitter has a .415 OBP and we have a guy in the minors right now named Jeremy Hermida who has a .458 OBP in a pitchers ballpark who would be perfect in that # 2 hole for the next 10 years.

871887[/snapback]

JP has been picking it up recently, he just had a bad first half. He'll be an outstanding leadoff hitter for years to come. Pierre will be critical to the Marlins setting the table down the stretch. However, the Marlins can afford to send him somewhere else in the offseason with Hermablabla and Castillo filling the top two spots next year.

871882[/snapback]

871887[/snapback]

However, the Marlins can afford to send him somewhere else in the offseason with Hermablabla and Castillo filling the top two spots next year.

871891[/snapback]

Exactly. But if you send him away now you can maximize his value to someone like the Cubs who are DESPERATE for a leadoff hitter. I'd love a package of Corey Patterson and Jerome Williams for Pierre.

the next 2 games do not decide our future at all. remember we have a huge homestand coming up

871942[/snapback]

100% Agreed, besides this team is built to win now and we are still in the running, we might as well keep racing until all hope is gone, but not a moment before then.

That does not justify trading away Pierre. He's a good player that is on good terms with the players and the front office. And I imagine he would like to come back at a discount.

871979[/snapback]

JP's not a free agent until after next season so there's plenty of time to decide this, but would you really want to sign a 29+-yo speedster to a long term deal?

That does not justify trading away Pierre. He's a good player that is on good terms with the players and the front office. And I imagine he would like to come back at a discount.

871979[/snapback]

JP's not a free agent until after next season so there's plenty of time to decide this, but would you really want to sign a 29+-yo speedster to a long term deal?

872697[/snapback]

I assume my dear friend you are asking that question rhetorically?

The guy hasn't been, hot he's been on fire, at the plate and on the basepaths.

I'll take three more years of Juan Pierre and not think twice about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.