Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NHL Offseason Thread

Featured Replies

Arent they a little old there though? The new rules changes seem to make it more of a speed game. I think going youth for the speed might be best.

Arent they a little old there though? The new rules changes seem to make it more of a speed game. I think going youth for the speed might be best.

883461[/snapback]

 

The Panthers have plenty of youth. These type of players are just what they need, veterans who know what it takes to win. This will add some much needed grit to the team, something that has been lacking for about a decade now.

Arent they a little old there though? The new rules changes seem to make it more of a speed game. I think going youth for the speed might be best.

883461[/snapback]

 

A little bit, but these guys are proven Veterans, they will be helping out our core guys, besides Gary Roberts is one tough guy, should be fun watching him makes some checks and get into some fights. Great leadership has been acquired :thumbup

Just wondeful to see the Panthers signing some great veterans. Roberts is going to fun to watch... hopefully this is just the beginning. :thumbup

Alright then, I am sold. But, I gotta admit I dont know much of hockey, since I have lived in florida all of my life. I have never even seen snow or skated :) But still have gone to a few games last few years. It was worth the cash to see and a fun night.

 

I just would like to see them have a good chance to win on any given night :)

I would love it if the got Bertuzzi. I know he will be suspended for the first 10 games or so, but he is one of the better players in the league.

I would love it if the got Bertuzzi. I know he will be suspended for the first 10 games or so, but he is one of the better players in the league.

883580[/snapback]

Bertuzzi is/was my favorite player not on the Panthers before his incident with Moore. I even have a Bertuzzi jersey. I would love to see him in a Cats jersey, but not if we have to give up one of our blue-chippers.

I would love it if the got Bertuzzi. I know he will be suspended for the first 10 games or so, but he is one of the better players in the league.

883580[/snapback]

Bertuzzi is/was my favorite player not on the Panthers before his incident with Moore. I even have a Bertuzzi jersey. I would love to see him in a Cats jersey, but not if we have to give up one of our blue-chippers.

883585[/snapback]

 

He is a free agent I believe.

Keenan loves Kovalev -- they had a very similar relationship as Pavel Bure/Keenan had -- love/hate -- but they respect each other.

 

Bertuzzi is not a free agent and would have to be moved in a trade.

Keenan loves Kovalev -- they had a very similar relationship as Pavel Bure/Keenan had -- love/hate -- but they respect each other.

 

Bertuzzi is not a free agent and would have to be moved in a trade.

883615[/snapback]

 

Really, I just remember Keenan leaving Kovalev out for like a 8 min. shift with the Rangers to prove a point to him, and after that Kovalev really felt iced by Keenan...then again, this was way back, lot could have changed since then.

 

Oh, and any truth to the rumors of a Bure return? (Fueled by the rumored debt he has to Russian mafia...)

Ive written this before but the Panthers are in talks with Bertuzzi and Messier

Ive written this before but the Panthers are in talks with Bertuzzi and Messier

883643[/snapback]

Source?

 

 

 

And btw, when are ya going to join our forum Ramp. :p

Keenan loves Kovalev -- they had a very similar relationship as Pavel Bure/Keenan had -- love/hate -- but they respect each other.

 

Bertuzzi is not a free agent and would have to be moved in a trade.

883615[/snapback]

 

Really, I just remember Keenan leaving Kovalev out for like a 8 min. shift with the Rangers to prove a point to him, and after that Kovalev really felt iced by Keenan...then again, this was way back, lot could have changed since then.

 

Oh, and any truth to the rumors of a Bure return? (Fueled by the rumored debt he has to Russian mafia...)

883629[/snapback]

 

It depends on his knee and $.

Keenan loves Kovalev -- they had a very similar relationship as Pavel Bure/Keenan had -- love/hate -- but they respect each other.

 

Bertuzzi is not a free agent and would have to be moved in a trade.

883615[/snapback]

 

You are right, he is due to make 5.3 million from VAncouver this year.

 

I dont think we would have anything that Vancouver would want for him. Plus we could just sign good players instead of trading people away.

 

 

 

 

I think the panthers need to sign atleast 2 more fowards. Hopefully they will be a littler better than the two we signed today.

Ive written this before but the Panthers are in talks with Bertuzzi and Messier

883643[/snapback]

 

How can Keenan be in talks with Bertuzzi if he's not even a free agent?

Keenan loves Kovalev -- they had a very similar relationship as Pavel Bure/Keenan had -- love/hate -- but they respect each other.

 

Bertuzzi is not a free agent and would have to be moved in a trade.

883615[/snapback]

 

Really, I just remember Keenan leaving Kovalev out for like a 8 min. shift with the Rangers to prove a point to him, and after that Kovalev really felt iced by Keenan...then again, this was way back, lot could have changed since then.

 

Oh, and any truth to the rumors of a Bure return? (Fueled by the rumored debt he has to Russian mafia...)

883629[/snapback]

 

He did -- but Kovalev was a punk kid at the time who wouldn't listen -- their relationship was love/hate like Bure/Keenan -- but they have tons of respect for each other (Remember, Keenan/Bure weren't always best buds, either)

 

On Bure, I heard his agent say he's probably going to retire -- that hes not even worried about playing hockey anymore, just living a normal life. His knees are so shot some say he can't even walk up a pair of stairs normally anymore.

Gillis also represents Pavel Bure and he told MOJO 730 that the former star is not likely to play again due to chronic knee troubles.

 

"(Bure) is extremely worried about ability to live a normal life," before mentioning that Bure would need a third knee reconstruction if he's going to be able to play again, and even that wouldn't guarantee his return.

 

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=130277

Report: NHL forward Zigmund Palffy says he wants to sign a longer contract

 

 

 

posted August 1 @ 19:10, EST

 

BRATISLAVA, Slovakia (AP) - Zigmund Palffy, a former Los Angeles Kings forward and now an unrestricted free agent, wants to sign a contract to last him through the end of his NHL career, a newspaper reported Monday.

 

"The avalanche with contract signing ... will start on Aug. 1," Palffy told Slovak daily SME. "My former club, Los Angeles Kings, is showing greatest interest, but I don't exclude that in the end I will end up in Toronto, Detroit or in Florida."

 

The 33-year old, who has played in the NHL since the 1993-94 season, said he was not nervous about his future.

 

"I will certainly not take the first contract they will offer," Palffy said. "I want a more long-term contract, three to four years, which would last until the end of my career in the NHL."

 

Palffy made a name for himself as Islanders' top scorer before being traded to the Kings in 1999. He has also played on Slovakia's national team.

 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h080119A

Ive written this before but the Panthers are in talks with Bertuzzi and Messier

883643[/snapback]

 

How can Keenan be in talks with Bertuzzi if he's not even a free agent?

883664[/snapback]

well I guess with Bertuzzi I meant the Canucks

 

and my source is someone who is pretty knowledgable on Panthers hockey

Alright then, I am sold. But, I gotta admit I dont know much of hockey, since I have lived in florida all of my life. I have never even seen snow or skated :) But still have gone to a few games last few years. It was worth the cash to see and a fun night.

 

I just would like to see them have a good chance to win on any given night :)

883473[/snapback]

 

 

I was born in Texas but moved to CS when I was 4 months old, have never seen snow and they dont normally have skates my size at a rink so I can relate, but Ive followed the Panthers since there inception...no excuse. :whistle

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.