Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miggy, our new shortstop

Featured Replies

I bet Dontrelle could probably play shortstop better than Easley looked last night.

876353[/snapback]

hmmm...left handed shortstop.

 

That would make things interesting.

876381[/snapback]

Who said anything about left-handed. Just give him Gonzo's glove and he'll play right-handed.

876389[/snapback]

"Willis in the hole, snags it, spins and throws to first and got Jose Reyes by alot."

Heh..

*In a not so subtle attempt to redirect the thread back onto the original topic*

 

While Miggy does have the SS background, I believe he has grown out of it. Other than bringing up a minor leaguer, is there anyone else on the current roster with an SS experience, either in the minors or college?

*In a not so subtle attempt to redirect the thread back onto the original topic*

 

While Miggy does have the SS background, I believe he has grown out of it. Other than bringing up a minor leaguer, is there anyone else on the current roster with an SS experience, either in the minors or college?

876536[/snapback]

 

I dont think he has grown out of it i mean look at tejada and a-rod when he played ss.

I dont think he has grown out of it i mean look at tejada and a-rod when he played ss.

876599[/snapback]

I believe he can play it if he has to, but both the guys you mentioned are far more agile than Miggy.

 

As I mentioned earlier, my big concern would be if he gets hurt. I really think he is such a competitor that he would be trying to extend his range beyond what he is capable of in order to make a play.

  • Author

I don't care what anyone says (and I don't mean that in a nasty way), but I think it would be fun to see him out there for a game or two, or even an inning or two, and my guess is he'd have a ball doing it !

I don't care what anyone says (and I don't mean that in a nasty way), but I think it would be fun to see him out there for a game or two, or even an inning or two, and my guess is he'd have a ball doing it !

876656[/snapback]

 

save the fun for when the games dont count.

 

 

its arguable at best that cabrera could do better than easley at short in a pinch. not really worth an 'experiment' especially not at this point in the season.

  • Author

I don't care what anyone says (and I don't mean that in a nasty way), but I think it would be fun to see him out there for a game or two, or even an inning or two, and my guess is he'd have a ball doing it !

876656[/snapback]

 

save the fun for when the games dont count.

 

 

its arguable at best that cabrera could do better than easley at short in a pinch. not really worth an 'experiment' especially not at this point in the season.

876681[/snapback]

 

 

Jack says winning is fun and fun is winning so there Mr. Grumpypuss. LMAO :D

 

Only kidding Das, I started this thread because I just couldn't take reading one more Red Sox obsessed fan explain to me why it should be fun having little Theo practice his anal probe implant theories on the Marlins front office.

I don't care what anyone says (and I don't mean that in a nasty way), but I think it would be fun to see him out there for a game or two, or even an inning or two, and my guess is he'd have a ball doing it !

876656[/snapback]

 

save the fun for when the games dont count.

 

 

its arguable at best that cabrera could do better than easley at short in a pinch. not really worth an 'experiment' especially not at this point in the season.

876681[/snapback]

 

 

Jack says winning is fun and fun is winning so there Mr. Grumpypuss. LMAO :D

 

Only kidding Das, I started this thread because I just couldn't take reading one more Red Sox obsessed fan explain to me why it should be fun having little Theo practice his anal probe implant theories on the Marlins front office.

  • Author

thanks for adding that gem and brining this thread back. I think it needs a few more pages.

879111[/snapback]

 

lololol good one Mr. Shamster :thumbup

  • Author

But since it's back...and I just can't bring myself to go to Rumor Central again and read all those ridiculous ideas...anyone notice that Jeter is an inch taller than Miggy and their weights are within 15 lbs of oneanother?

 

lololol

stop ragging on easly . no hes not going to be on web gems but he will

 

be on touch em all in baseball tonight. what does he have like 9 or 10

 

homers in like less than half the at bats agonz has got. he has the fourth most dingers on the team and has only 157 at bats. thats pretty good however i still

 

would like gonzo glove and much bigger power. his 4 hr are garbage.

 

he needs to forget about the avg and swing for the fences. as a # 8

 

hitter a high avg is useless because the pitcher is right behind you.

which is fine and good if he wasn't being asked to play a defneisve premium position such as shortstop, and secondbase before.

Easley will do.

 

Besides, AGon is back Sunday. Made a pinch hit appearance tonight and looked like his old self (yikes...).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.