Props to Rightfield for the Wave on Friday

MarlinsatDuke

This might not be the timeliest shout-out, but for anyone that was at the game on Friday, you were hopefully part of that badass wave. No one can be sure which section started it, but it was right field that wouldn?t let it die. Around the 6th ining that thing just took off, it must have circumnavigated the stadium 10 times. If Juan hadn?t stolen 2nd?who knows, it might still be going now. Each time it?d look like it was about to fizzle out in the gap between left and right, but, the right field fans would pick that thing right back up again with 99% participation. That was a lot of fun to be a part of.

This might not be the timeliest shout-out, but for anyone that was at the game on Friday, you were hopefully part of that badass wave. No one can be sure which section started it, but it was right field that wouldn?t let it die. Around the 6th ining that thing just took off, it must have circumnavigated the stadium 10 times. If Juan hadn?t stolen 2nd?who knows, it might still be going now. Each time it?d look like it was about to fizzle out in the gap between left and right, but, the right field fans would pick that thing right back up again with 99% participation. That was a lot of fun to be a part of.

885428[/snapback]

That happens alot...

I also get irritated by the stand and clap when there's 2 strikes thing. It seems like every time a crowd at any stadium does that, the batter gets a hit.

885465[/snapback]

Or it's a ball..

885467[/snapback]

You're a Sox fan too, right? If you see a lot of their games, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. :plain

I never liked the wave at baseball games. It's great that people are cheering about something, but couldn't it be for a double-play?

I mean people get more psyched when that wave is coming around to their section, you'd think they just won world series tickets.

Sometimes the people get louder for the wave than for anything else in the game.

Not sure what that says about south florida baseball fans.... :confused

I also get irritated by the stand and clap when there's 2 strikes thing. It seems like every time a crowd at any stadium does that, the batter gets a hit.

885465[/snapback]

Or it's a ball..

885467[/snapback]

You're a Sox fan too, right? If you see a lot of their games, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. :plain

885472[/snapback]

Yeah, Im a Sox Fan.

No I don't watch to many games, only the ones on ESPN and FSN Florida when they facin the D-Rays.

I HAAAAATTE when people try to start the wave. Nothing pisses me off more at the games. Its even worse when it actually gets going, because we always seem to be on offense when it happens. Only intelligent sports fans understand, the ONLY time you do the wave is when you are DEFENSE to psych out the other team and get a buzz going in the crowd to get some noise made!! Doing it always screws up the team on offense!

The only thing that pisses me off more than the wave is people who scream like the ball is a homer when its really a shallow pop. The wave takes so much attention away from the game like you all said everyone is waiting and watching others stand up and throw there hands meanwhile our bullpen just blew a lead or we ground into a DP and half the people in the stadium have not a clue.

Ohh and one thing that pisses me off at hockey games are people that scream shoot when the puck is at the other end.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.