Leiter is back to his old self... LMAO

Accord

Im disturbed by the fact that Al Leiter gets ripped a new one everytime he has a bad start for the Yankees, and people continue to say "He's got nothing left", but then when he goes 6 innings, 0 runs, 3 hits, 2 walks - that everyone is deafeningly silent. Where is the "Al Leiter owns Blue Jays" thread?

I thought he had nothing left? This is the same Blue Jay team that ripped the "best team in baseball" last week. But, now, I'm sure you are all going to tell me how "lucky" he was, or how "6 innings of shutout ball isnt a good start" just like last time.

I've got the crow in the oven, and I want you to swallow every last drop of it.

Im disturbed by the fact that Al Leiter gets ripped a new one everytime he has a bad start for the Yankees, and people continue to say "He's got nothing left", but then when he goes 6 innings, 0 runs, 3 hits, 2 walks - that everyone is deafeningly silent. Where is the "Al Leiter owns Blue Jays" thread?

I thought he had nothing left? This is the same Blue Jay team that ripped the "best team in baseball" last week. But, now, I'm sure you are all going to tell me how "lucky" he was, or how "6 innings of shutout ball isnt a good start" just like last time.

892707[/snapback]

He had one fluke outing against the Red Sox, and today he pitched well. Big deal. Yanks are still going nowhere and Leiter is still done.

Calm down.

892707[/snapback]

He had one fluke outing against the Red Sox, and today he pitched well. Big deal. Yanks are still going nowhere and Leiter is still done.

Calm down.

892712[/snapback]

I cant wait to watch your team lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. I've never seen a more overrated team in the past 10 years...oh wait, yes I have, the last ChiSox team that won over 100 games!

Enjoy beating up on the 2nd worst division in baseball! Bet dominating the Royals, Tigers, Twins and Tribe feels real good, unfortunately for you, they don't matter in October.

I cant wait to watch your team lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. I've never seen a more overrated team in the past 10 years...oh wait, yes I have, the last ChiSox team that won over 100 games!

Enjoy beating up on the 2nd worst division in baseball! Bet dominating the Royals, Tigers, Twins and Tribe feels real good, unfortunately for you, they don't matter in October.

892715[/snapback]

What in the hell does that have to do with Al Leiter?

892715[/snapback]

What in the hell does that have to do with Al Leiter?

892721[/snapback]

He took a shot at the Yankees, I took a shot at the White Sox. Is it that hard to understand?

892707[/snapback]

Calm down.

892712[/snapback]

892715[/snapback]

My deepest apologies that you have gone to the "let's bring up history" approach. You fail to mention your team though, because they aren't any good in the present.

If you are having mood swing problems like this, maybe you should find somewhere other than a message board to relieve the stress.

Have a nice day, and enjoy Al Leiter! :thumbup

892707[/snapback]

Calm down.

892712[/snapback]

892715[/snapback]

My deepest apologies that you have gone to the "let's bring up history" approach. You fail to mention your team though, because they aren't any good in the present.

If you are having mood swing problems like this, maybe you should find somewhere other than a message board to relieve the stress.

892732[/snapback]

My deepest apologies that you have gone to the"he's crazy, and his team sucks. That means I win approach". Because you have nothing to differentiate this White Sox team from the last one. They both had massive regular seasons and blew it/will blow it in the playoffs.

I will be proud to make my signature "THE WHITE SOX ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER!!!" for the rest of my time at Marlinsbaseball if they win a first round series this year.

892707[/snapback]

Calm down.

892712[/snapback]

892715[/snapback]

892732[/snapback]

My deepest apologies that you have gone to the"he's crazy, and his team sucks. That means I win approach". Because you have nothing to differentiate this White Sox team from the last one. They both had massive regular seasons and blew it/will blow it in the playoffs.

I will be proud to make my signature "THE WHITE SOX ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER!!!" for the rest of my time at Marlinsbaseball if they win a first round series this year.

892738[/snapback]

Our team 5 years ago wasn't nearly as good. Doesn't mean we wll go anywhere in these playoffs, but at least we have actual pitching now.

And I will remember that 2nd part of your post. Enjoy your day sir, and please attempt to gain control of your Al Leiter boner.

892707[/snapback]

Calm down.

892712[/snapback]

892715[/snapback]

892732[/snapback]

892738[/snapback]

Our team 5 years ago wasn't nearly as good. Doesn't mean we wll go anywhere in these playoffs, but at least we have actual pitching now.

And I will remember that 2nd part of your post. Enjoy your day sir, and please attempt to gain control of your Al Leiter boner.

892743[/snapback]

I dont think Al Leiter is a good pitcher, in fact, when he takes the mound for the Yankees I cringe. He's not even going to be in the Yankee rotation much longer anyway. But what I don't appreciate is the double standard.

Why when Al pitches bad is he "done" and threads pop up about how bad his one freaking start was, and then when he does good there is a deafening silence here? Why is he lucky when he wins, but then is "done" when he has his next bad start? Everyone has bad starts, I don't make threads everytime proclaiming they're done.

It's a clear double standard. My point is to just loosen the hell up around here, enough with making your great proclaimations of "done" and give everyone their fair share of props when they earn it.

Because a good start with Al Leiter is the exception, not the rule. nobody is going to be leaping for joy if he gives you one solid outing in the middle of three bad ones

892761[/snapback]

The ratio is actually 2 to 3. So the numbers are essentially even since he has become a Yankee. Gotta come up with a better excuse then that.

A pitcher who has good starts 40% of the time is terrible. Based on this year, there's no evidence to support your notion that Leiter isn't terrible. Even a pitcher with quality starts in half his games is pretty damn bad.

Leiter looks like he's done. The White Sox, OTOH, look pretty good. They may lose in the first round, but at least they're gonna get there.

It really bugs me to see people bag on Al Leiter. He was a huge part of the 1997 World Series team, and I was excited to see him come back. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. I don't think he's completely done. He had a good year last year, and he started off halfway decent this year. The problem with Al is that he's very emotional. Once he begins to struggle, he's too hard on himself. How do you have an ERA of 3.21 one year and all of a sudden lose it the next? I root for Al every time out, even with the Yanks.

Leiter screwed a small market team out of 7 million dollars.

892938[/snapback]

That is hardly a fair statement penguino... He sucked the big one, no question. But the Marlins offered him that money & they certainly didn't have to. It was a risk they took into account, and I'm sure Leiter wanted to pitch well here. Just seems to have hit a wall in his career at this age.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.