Delgado may hit the DL

Boog Sciambi

palm beach post reported the team has discussed it once already but aren't sure what to do since we have the double header coming up wednesday.

he hasn't played since july 27th which would make him eligable to come off August 12th since they can retroactively place a player to the date in which he last played. i don't know, i'm kinda against this, i think we could still use him if we needed him that badly, but then again i'm not sean cunningham now am i?

If it's an issue of he absolutely can't swing the bat (as it seems to be) then he needs to be DL'd. I fear for the health of Luis and Alex, an extra utility guy who can give them a day off is important at this stage.

However, I repeat, I think we're holding out hope for him to be at least ready for the D.H. in Colorado.

If it's an issue of he absolutely can't swing the bat (as it seems to be) then he needs to be DL'd. I fear for the health of Luis and Alex, an extra utility guy who can give them a day off is important at this stage.

However, I repeat, I think we're holding out hope for him to be at least ready for the D.H. in Colorado.

889007[/snapback]

i think the decision would perhaps be easier if Josh Willingham was healthy?

whens he eligible for activation?

If it's an issue of he absolutely can't swing the bat (as it seems to be) then he needs to be DL'd.? I fear for the health of Luis and Alex, an extra utility guy who can give them a day off is important at this stage.

889007[/snapback]

889009[/snapback]

September.

And I'm not quite sure how Willingham helps. Last time I checked he doesn't play second or short.

889007[/snapback]

889009[/snapback]

September.

And I'm not quite sure how Willingham helps. Last time I checked he doesn't play second or short.

889010[/snapback]

but he does play first.

If it's an issue of he absolutely can't swing the bat (as it seems to be) then he needs to be DL'd.? I fear for the health of Luis and Alex, an extra utility guy who can give them a day off is important at this stage.

889007[/snapback]

889009[/snapback]

September.

889010[/snapback]

Actually, Willingham was drafted as a SS. And Aguila was also drafed as an infielder, so he could help out there as well.

889007[/snapback]

889009[/snapback]

September.

889010[/snapback]

Actually, Willingham was drafted as a SS. And Aguila was also drafed as an infielder, so he could help out there as well.

889015[/snapback]

Miguel was signed as a shortstop, so I gues if he gets injured he'd go straight in right?

:banghead

Craig reported Delgado said his arm is feeling better and he expects to be back for the Reds series.

889140[/snapback]

Unless he said it at some other time, in the On Deck show I could have sworn that they said Delgado was meant to swing tomorrow and they hope to have him back if all goes well.

If he goes on the DL then Jeremy Hermida will get to play!!!!!!

889182[/snapback]

:plain

How'd you come up with that one?

889202[/snapback]

it was mentioned in an article that if delGOTit goes on the Dl then hermida could come up.

however it makes much more sense to bring up wilson or (wow, i'm drawing a blank now, our double A short stop, i think i've had a few too many beers, company softball games will do that to ya) to give us some MI depth.

i wouldn't mind seeing jeremy up but please, if we have a chance to sub for an outfielder then put in aguila for christs sake

If he goes on the DL then Jeremy Hermida will get to play!!!!!!

889182[/snapback]

The author, the remarkably mediocre Kevin Baxter, remarked "...if he (Delgado) goes on the DL, one player the team might consider calling up in left-hand-hitting outfielder Jeremy Hermida..."

Of course he ignores the fact we already have a fourth and potentially fifth outfielder on the team, and that would make Hermida our fifth or sixth outfielder, when the player being DLed is a corner infielder and our two middle infielders are ailing.

Anyone here want to sit ultra hot Miggy or Enc to make for some playing time for Hermida? I know I don't.

This is maybe the third thread in the last couple of days on this subject.

Love to see Delgado in the line-up tonight. But, I wonder if his elbow holds up for three days. If there's any doubt, DL him and bring up Andino or an other middle infielder. We are getting stretched thin. Easley can only play one position at a time.

Easley is now the only back-up (don't tell me Lenny) at 1B, 2B, SS, 3B.

Good grief. Pray for Damion's health!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.