Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MIKE LOWELL (not such a nice guy)

Featured Replies

I'm sure that this news will be as much of a shock to all the Mike Lowell fans out there as much as it was to me. On the saturday game against L.A. in which we lost 11-6 my younger brother and sister were waiting outside after the game trying to get autographs just as alot of kids do. Alfonseca and Castillo both stopped to sign but we already had them. Cabrera just drove by with no incident. When my brother saw Mike Lowell drive by he tried to get his autograph but Lowell didn't stop. My brother then said "its ok, your not my favorite player anyway". Lowell became extremely angry at my 14 year old brother and stopped his car and began screaming obscenities at him from his car infront of a bunch of other kids. He then told my brother if he had a problem with him to come and confront him. Lowell is 6'3" 210 lbs and my brother is 14 years old 5'5" and 110 lbs maybe thats why he was being so brave. By the time he stopped a large crowd of kids had gathered around him and his convertible jag to get autographs. Lowell then said "I'm going to sign for all these kids but I'm not going to F@@@ing sign s@@t for that punk"

 

This also serves as a warning so that parents watch their kids because even a "role model" and supposedly "team captain" can try and take advantage of a young kid.

honestly, if mike lowell doesn't wanna sign he doesn't have too....

910516[/snapback]

 

of course...

 

Thing is, that's not exactly the point here.

  • Author

nobody says he has to sign but he definitely shouldn't be so low class screaming profanity at a young kid that didn't do anything to him.

I'm sure that this news will be as much of a shock to all the Mike Lowell fans out there as much as it was to me. On the saturday game against L.A. in which we lost 11-6 my younger brother and sister were waiting outside after the game trying to get autographs just as alot of kids do. Alfonseca and Castillo both stopped to sign but we already had them. Cabrera just drove by with no incident. When my brother saw Mike Lowell drive by he tried to get his autograph but Lowell didn't stop. My brother then said "its ok, your not my favorite player anyway". Lowell became extremely angry at my 14 year old brother and stopped his car and began screaming obscenities at him from his car infront of a bunch of other kids. He then told my brother if he had a problem with him to come and confront him. Lowell is 6'3" 210 lbs and my brother is 14 years old 5'5" and 110 lbs maybe thats why he was being so brave. By the time he stopped a large crowd of kids had gathered around him and his convertible jag to get autographs. Lowell then said "I'm going to sign for all these kids but I'm not going to F@@@ing sign s@@t for that punk"

 

This also serves as a warning so that parents watch their kids because even a "role model" and supposedly "team captain" can try and take advantage of a young kid.

910504[/snapback]

 

Lowell should have got out of his vehicle and kicked your smart ass brother in the head...

Mike Lowell is the man, kids need to be put in line when they try to disrespect someone who is older than they are.

In all seriousness... if this is true.. I'm sure this is a lot of built up frustration in Mike Lowell due to the crappy season he's having, but there is no way he should have done that. If it weren't for the fans, he wouldn't even have the opportunity to play.

 

All the comments about "good for Mike Lowell" and that he should've kicked a 14 year old's arse, is just ridiculous.. Of course, he doesn't have to sign for anyone.. but being a professional athlete means ignoring stupid things people say.

As a public figure and a person in a role model profession, Mike Lowell should have acted with more class than this.

 

You don't have to sign things, but to rub salt on the wounds is uncalled for.

Great job Mike.

 

I wouldn't have signed for that punk ass little kid either after he made a stupid comment like that. I also highly doubt you're telling the truth about Mike Lowell yelling obscenities, that's a bunch of crap and I don't believe one word of it.

 

Mike probably said something, but wrecklessly yelling obscenities and threatening a 14 year old? bulls***, you're definitely exaggerating because there is no way that happened.

 

There's two sides to every story and it's downright foolish for any of you to sit here criticizing Lowell. Guilty until proven innocent, huh.

I sincerely doubt the truthfulness of this thread. It just doesn't add up right. Are you sure he just didn't sign and because of this you made a thread to make him look bad? Or at least exaggerated the truth a bit?

 

I hate calling people liars but this just sounds so made up and over the top.

It's a two way street, bud. The frontrunners who were supposedly Mikey's biggest fans a year ago are now trashing the guy, this one to his face, need to be made an example of.

 

Also I hope this little run-in with this fan and this whole season's experience has made Lowell think of how he treats his teammates when they are in a slump or just overmatched.

I hate calling people liars

910533[/snapback]

I don't :D .

 

fishpharm is a bold faced liar.

Yeah, I have to doubt a player would verbally assault a 14 year old kid while a crowd had gathered around. With the year he's having, I doubt Mike Lowell is looking for anymore negative press.

 

Not to mention, for him to hear your brother while driving by, I'd think he'd have to be screaming pretty loud in an attempt to make fun of Lowell.

yeah thats true he isnt very nice when my brother asked him to sign something he said no. and my cousin served him at chicken kitchen and she said he has a really bad attitude.

If he knew you typed on the internet like tHiS, he probably would have ripped on your cousin even worse.

 

It's an embarrassment - no matter hOw OlD yOu ArE.

 

Now doesn't that last bit look stupid? Of course it does.

I sincerely doubt the truthfulness of this thread. It just doesn't add up right. Are you sure he just didn't sign and because of this you made a thread to make him look bad? Or at least exaggerated the truth a bit?

 

I hate calling people liars but this just sounds so made up and over the top.

910533[/snapback]

 

My sentiments exacty :thumbup

I swear, Lowell could murder 3 people and you guys would say the 3 people deserved it for looking at him funny.

 

:plain

wow this story is mad fake, your prob mad cause u were in line and u diddnt get his autograph, like hes gonna stop in his car and yell at a 14 year old wow bs

Is this story made up?? Probably, but at the same time, you people who are saying "the kid deserved it"....each and every one of you are morons. When a kid doesn't get his way, he gets mad and mean of course, anybody knows that. So if your saying some kid deserves to have a curse laden tirade thrown on him by a professional athlete over that, your retarted. If your not going to sign, you just ignore the kid and keep on going.

I swear, Lowell could murder 3 people and you guys would say the 3 people deserved it for looking at him funny.

 

:plain

910555[/snapback]

TY!!!

by a professional athlete over that, your retarted.

910564[/snapback]

 

Don't you mean to say "you're retarded"? Probably should get your grammar and spelling right when saying people are "retarted" and realize it's "you're" or "you are" there and not "your"

by a professional athlete over that, your retarted.

910564[/snapback]

 

Don't you mean to say "you're retarded"? Probably should get your grammar and spelling right when saying people are "retarted" and realize it's "you're" or "you are" there and not "your"

910568[/snapback]

 

If THAT is all you can criticize from my post, I clearly got my point across.

I doubt that he screamed obscenities at kids. To my knowledge, doesn't he have a child of his own?

910574[/snapback]

 

Yes, I think his wife just had a baby recently. I remember last year when Craig Minervini interviewed her and she was pregnant.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.