Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"George Bush doesn't care about black people"

Featured Replies

Well there was a bunch of Hollywood-types doing the usual benefit speeches, & there's Mike Myers & Kanye West...

 

Myers says something about an unprecedented tragedy for us, then Kanye talks about the media portraying blacks as looters.

 

Then the next segment after Myers had said something else, Kanye says "George Bush doesn't care about black people." Mike Myers looks around like.... uh, wtf?

 

Suddenly they cut to another video segment...

 

Bizarre. I'm no fan of Bush's either, but man that's just not the place & time for it. I know everyone's got a lot of anger and frustrations welling up.

 

*edit - merged these 2 threads together*

He said this during the telethon and after he did, they cut him off. I totally respect the man for going out there and speaking his mind. Whether right or wrong, he has the right to say it. It sure seems like Bush doesn't give two shits. Anyways, whats your thoughts?

Im f***in sick of it. Ive never had an event hit me so close to home like this. Ive never before wanted to ignore people's opinions as much as I have the past few days and just focus on the people who are going through hell and the wonderful city that is underwater.

 

Moreso, after this event, Ive come to a strong conclusion that the national media outlets are more about entertainment and ratings then they are actually providing information. I know it seems obvious. But its amazing to see it in action.

I understand that he would be frustrated. Seeing all those black people stunned that they were still waiting for food and water on the greatest country on earth can be tough. But that was neither the time nor place IMO. Plus Bush was hugging black people when he visited MS.

I don't blame him for saying it.

927351[/snapback]

Love your knew signature :lol :lol :lol .

I don't blame him for saying it.

927351[/snapback]

 

 

haha you wouldn't..... :thumbup

927361[/snapback]

 

And why would you say that?

Although I was young, I specifically remember help for the Hurricane Andrew victims coming slowly as well. Happens that most of the victims in the area were Hispanic...yet no complaining.

 

This stuff is garbage. Quit being such dumbasses and giving in to what a musician with a GED says.

That is TOTALLY FAKE. I have seen that video and he doesn't say s*** about black people in it.

927469[/snapback]

 

I have the video and he says it :plain. Good ASSumption, bud.

That is TOTALLY FAKE.? I have seen that video and he doesn't say s*** about black people in it.

927469[/snapback]

 

I have the video and he says it :plain. Good ASSumption, bud.

927475[/snapback]

Assumption? I have seen the video a lot on Ebaumsworld. It's been awhile though so maybe my memory is rusty.

Video on ebaumsworld? I could have sworn this just happened today. Kanye has said a lot of s*** about George Bush in the past. But I think this new incident just happened today. He was with Mike Myers and got cut off immediately.

Video on ebaumsworld? I could have sworn this just happened today. Kanye has said a lot of s*** about George Bush in the past. But I think this new incident just happened today. He was with Mike Myers and got cut off immediately.

927502[/snapback]

I was referring to the Bush video with the middle finger. I haven't seen what happened with Kanye.

The middle finger vid is real too.

927517[/snapback]

Yeah, that is the only one I have seen. I wasn't being clear.

927519[/snapback]

Come to think of it, I still haven't made myself clear. I've seen the middle finger video only and it is real. There we go. I didn't want to pass it off that I thought that one was fake. When I first read this post, I tied two different videos into one because I thought we were only talking about that ebaumsworld one. I'm just a bit lost here, but I think I got it all sorted out now.

i'm sick and tired of all the god damn black people bitching and moaning saying oh, no one cares about us. f*** the NAACP all they ever do is bitch about s*** anyway. this is ridiculous.

 

do i think its bush's fault that relief didn't get there quick enough, yes absolutely. is it because they're black. no.

 

people need to get over themselves...

 

they think cause we f***ed up during slavery that the country owes them something.

NEW YORK -- It began, fittingly enough, with jazz from New Orleans natives Harry Connick Jr. and Wynton Marsalis. But "A Concert for Hurricane Relief," a heartfelt and dignified benefit aired on NBC and other networks Friday night, took an unexpected turn thanks to the outspoken rapper Kanye West.

 

Appearing two-thirds through the program, he claimed "George Bush doesn't care about black people" and said America is set up "to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off as slow as possible."

 

The show, simulcast from New York on NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and Pax, was aired live to the East Coast, enabling the Grammy-winning rapper's outburst to go out uncensored.

 

There was a several-second tape delay, but the person in charge "was instructed to listen for a curse word, and didn't realize (West) had gone off-script," said NBC spokeswoman Rebecca Marks.

 

Immediately after the airing was over, Marks said it was undetermined how much, if any, of the tirade would be included in the taped West Coast feed three hours later.

 

The host was NBC News' Matt Lauer, who invited viewers to contribute to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund by phone or on the Web. Some 18 presenters performed musical numbers or gave information on the tragedy's huge scope.

 

Louisiana native Tim McGraw teared up as he told Lauer, "I know the citizens that weren't affected by this directly are gonna stand up and do good things for people." He sang two songs, then became the first of the evening's stars to sign a Gibson Les Paul Special guitar to be auditioned online.

 

Faith Hill, a Mississippi native, sang "There Will Come a Time," with the inspiring lyrics, "The darkness will be gone, the weak shall be strong. Hold on to your faith."

 

New Orleans son Aaron Neville performed Randy Newman's soulful "Louisiana 1927" with the memorable chorus, "they're trying to wash us away, they're trying to wash us away."

 

New York governor George Pataki presented the Red Cross with a check for $2.5 million and promised, "This great state will do far more."

 

"In terms of property damage," said actress Hilary Swank, "the estimate is at least $26 billion in insured losses and perhaps twice that in uninsured losses over a 90,000-square-mile area - approximately the size of Kansas."

 

Other speakers included Lindsay Lohan, Eric LaSalle, Glenn Close, Richard Gere, John Goodman and Leonardo DiCaprio.

 

Comedian Mike Myers was paired with West for a 90-second segment that began with Myers speaking of Katrina's devastation. Then, to Myers' evident surprise, West began a rant by saying, "I hate the way they portray us in the media. If you see a black family, it says they're looting. See a white family, it says they're looking for food."

 

While allowing that "the Red Cross is doing everything they can," West - who delivered an emotional outburst at the American Music Awards after he was snubbed for an award - declared that government authorities are intentionally dragging their feet on aid to the Gulf Coast. Without getting specific, he added, "They've given them permission to go down and shoot us."

 

After he stated, "George Bush doesn't care about black people. Please call -" the camera cut away to comedian Chris Tucker.

 

Concluding the hour a few minutes later, Lauer noted that "emotions in this country right now are running very high. Sometimes that emotion is translated into inspiration, sometimes into criticism. We've heard some of that tonight. But it's still part of the American way of life."

 

Then the entire ensemble performed "When the Saints Go Marching In."

 

In a statement, NBC said, "Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him, and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks.

 

"It would be most unfortunate," the statement continued, "if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

 

Friday's program was the first of several TV benefits planned through next weekend.

 

NBC and the five other major commercial broadcast networks, along with PBS, plan to unite next Friday for a special. The same night, BET will air a benefit. And on Saturday, Sept. 10, the MTV networks will air a special.

 

Posted 19 minutes ago on google.

i'm sick and tired of all the god damn black people bitching and moaning saying oh, no one cares about us.? f*** the NAACP all they ever do is bitch about s*** anyway.? this is ridiculous.?

 

do i think its bush's fault that relief didn't get there quick enough, yes absolutely. is it because they're black. no.

 

people need to get over themselves...

 

they think cause we f***ed up during slavery that the country owes them something.

927540[/snapback]

 

Typical white male response.

 

they think cause we f***ed up during slavery that the country owes them something.

 

Well, YES, they are owed something. Why the hell shouldn't they be owed something? Going through hundreds of years of slavery then say "Get over it! That was over one hundred years ago!" is so f***ed up. Plus, let's just ignore just 30+ years ago, black men were still being lynched in the south. Black women were still being raped in the south. Segregation was still going on in some parts of the country, you ignorant f***. People like you make me sick.

Send the ignorant ass into New Orleans and have him try to reason with the lawlessness that is going on. He'll get riddled with bullets, and quite frankly, I don't think there'd be a more fitting martyr. This isn't about race, and to even suggest simply serves to exacerbate racisim.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.