September 22, 200521 yr I just recently got back from my trip out to visit my family in Miami... what I want to ask you all is - how often do you sport Marlins gear? ie. caps, shirts, jerseys, etc. I wasn't out there too long, but not ONCE did I see someone showing any Marlins spirit/pride...except at the two games I attended... I was at bayside one day...went to the champs, and was looking for Marlins stuff, to see what they had... The whole store = NY Yankees, LA Dodgers, Dolphins, 'Canes :plain there were 2 T-SHIRTS that were of the Marlins... Where ARE the fans? Where are the 30,000 fans that go to the games friday/saturdays?? :mischief2
September 22, 200521 yr I do see people up here in Palm Beach with Marlins gear on. There is someone in my Earth Sci class that wears a camo Marlins hat... and another kid in my College Algebra class, he wears a Marlins shirt everyday :notworthy *I have a Marlins liscense sp? plate on my car My mom also has one on her car. *I carry a Marlins 3-ring notebook for one of my classes *I usually wear some sort of Marlins shirt to class once in awhile Today on the way to my car, the car next to me had a Marlins Liscense plate just like mine.. :thumbup
September 22, 200521 yr Author stupid f-ing Miami-Dade :mad :plain I actually saw some kid in my polsci class here wearing a marlins cap the other day...but he was a damn geek :plain lmao...when I was at a Marlins @ Giants game I saw a total of 3 other Marlins fans, lmao lol...yea I love those Marlins plates! When I was down here...I was on US-1 and I saw 7 UM plates in 1 afternoon! lol *wants a Marlins Plate*
September 22, 200521 yr This stupid fan support threads are getting retarded. All the out-of-towners need to stop telling us there aren't enough fans......WE KNOW.
September 22, 200521 yr Actually, I have seen A LOT more people sporting Marlins gear at school, the mall, wherever. Champs stores around here carry A LOT of Marlins merchandise. I have seen a lot of Marlins license plates around. For how long were you down here?
September 22, 200521 yr The front plate on my car is a shiny Marlins logo, that's the latest way I support the team. I also have some shirts, two hats, and a bunch of other stuff in my room. I sometimes go to games, not so much this year though. Jah, many people sport Marlins gear in some way. Just the other day my Calc teacher had a Marlins tie on. :thumbup
September 22, 200521 yr Author what school do you go to MiRi? I was at MDC Kendall for 2 years and maybe saw...1 person w/ Marlins stuff... In high school...I went to Killian, and same story there...but this season...and the Marlins 1/2 a game out when I went, I expected to see lots more support :plain I wasn't down there too long, only 5 days...my mom wanted me and my gf to come out and visit (my bday is coming up)
September 22, 200521 yr up at ucf i don't go a day without seeing a handful of people wearing marlins stuff, jerseys shirts hats whatever... i switch between my marlins hat and a visor.
September 22, 200521 yr I wear my Marlin hat to class every single day and I've heard crap about it for the past 2 days with all the Met fans in my class. But I wear shirts sometimes and I have posters in my room and at home my car has the Marlin Plate and a bumper sticker.
September 22, 200521 yr what school do you go to MiRi? I was at MDC Kendall for 2 years and maybe saw...1 person w/ Marlins stuff... In high school...I went to Killian, and same story there...but this season...and the Marlins 1/2 a game out when I went, I expected to see lots more support :plain I wasn't down there too long, only 5 days...my mom wanted me and my gf to come out and visit (my bday is coming up) MDC Wolfson. One girl in class today wore a Marlins shirt now that I think about it.
September 22, 200521 yr Well, it was rainy this morning, so I wore a Marlins cap to work. I have a Marlins plate on my car too. Laser-cut acrylic -- not the cheap stuff.
September 22, 200521 yr I work on a digital printing company and I made a big marlins logo sticker and put it on the rear window of my car.
September 23, 200521 yr Yes, another thing I keep noticing is people have Marlins stuff on their car. I have a license plate frame and a decal. I plan to get the license plate next year.
September 23, 200521 yr I actually saw some kid in my polsci class here wearing a marlins cap the other day...but he was a damn geek :plain lmao...when I was at a Marlins @ Giants game I saw a total of 3 other Marlins fans, lmao I very well may have been one of them. Recognize this mug? http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...showtopic=47352
September 23, 200521 yr I go to FSU and I am surprised at how many Marlins shirts/hats I see. I probably see a person wearing some sort of Marlins shirt or hat once every week.
September 23, 200521 yr what school do you go to MiRi? I was at MDC Kendall for 2 years and maybe saw...1 person w/ Marlins stuff... In high school...I went to Killian, and same story there...but this season...and the Marlins 1/2 a game out when I went, I expected to see lots more support :plain I wasn't down there too long, only 5 days...my mom wanted me and my gf to come out and visit (my bday is coming up) I went to Killian and I go to FIU...at FIU I actually see A Lot of Marlins gear...from what I remember Killian had a lot of bandwagon fans, fans of the hot team, lots of Yankees fans cause this is when they were winning in the late 90's. Champs at Bayside? Thats the least localized Champs, Bayside is ALL tourists.
September 23, 200521 yr ^you went to Killian and are at FIU too??? small world I see...I'm in the same boat :blink:
September 23, 200521 yr oh yeah...keeping this on topic... I got issues with some fans down here for all the wrong reasons... I know its probably not a smart thing for "fan support" but...as a fan of baseball as a whole, while the Marlins are definitely my favorite team...I happen to enjoy/respect several other teams and thus, have invested in a few extra caps, plus I think some of the colors and designs are just beautiful... So I have 9 caps of 6 teams in total...therefore, when I'm not wearing a Marlins cap, I get chewed out quite a few times by people claiming I'm turning against the Marlins...and I always have to explain myself...its a rough thing but as a baseball fan, I live with it...though tonight I got chewed out for not wearing the Yankee hat....geez... AND...for no reason at all... MY CAPS!!!...NOTICE: No Braves, Phils, Mutts, or Nats...I enjoy more than one team but I will NOT contradict myself as a Marlins fan... Florida Marlins Florida Marlins 2003 Championship New York Yankees (I was born in the Big Apple, I was fed Yankees as a baby) New York Yankees 2000 Championship St. Louis Cardinals Away Cap (Straight up respect really, how can you NOT respect them) St. Louis Cardinals Alternate/Batting Practice (with the redbird) Toronto Blue Jays Gray Home (If it wasnt for Joe Carter in '93, I wouldnt be here today, THAT single moment was what permanently put baseball in my blood) Tampa Bay Devil Rays Green Home (We get quite a few D-Ray games down here, dont tell me you dont occasionally take a peek at it...I admire the raw talent thats hiding on this team) Chicago White Sox (once again, respect...plus I just love the simplicity of the black and white color scheme)
September 23, 200521 yr i where my marlin hat everywhere i alway see yankees hats i always say we kicked ur ass last year the reply is always i don't care about the team i just like the hat makes me sick
September 23, 200521 yr I would say a big chunk of people who wear Yankee hats are the biggest bandwagon fans ever, that may be too generous as alot of them go with the answer stated above ("it's just a hat I like to wear"). Wearing a Yankee hat and being a Marlin fan... that is a little much. They have enough people repping them. Respecting the Yankees is like respecting Brad Pitt because he can bang any girl he wants.
September 23, 200521 yr SilverBullet, I know what you mean. I have a Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers visor. I also have a Red Sox cap. I bought the White Sox & Red Sox hats because I respect them as a team. I got the Detroit one when Pudge signed with them, plus I root for them of course. I never wear them though. I don't wear hats much, except at Marlins games. It's kind of a collection I have in my room. I mean, I am no expert or anything on those teams, but I root for them and I support them.
September 23, 200521 yr When I lived in New York (early 1990's) I was known to wear a White Sox cap everywhere I went. I was a big fan of the design, and of Frank Thomas (still am).
September 23, 200521 yr Author I actually saw some kid in my polsci class here wearing a marlins cap the other day...but he was a damn geek :plain lmao...when I was at a Marlins @ Giants game I saw a total of 3 other Marlins fans, lmao I very well may have been one of them. Recognize this mug? http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...showtopic=47352 lol naw...you weren't that 'geek' in my class...thank goodness too, I woulda been embarassed to see you in school :plain lmfao!! I guess that's 4 Marlins fans we saw out there :thumbup lol, people were giving me and my girl a hard time at the begining when we first got there (maybe cause were were in the club level), but were cool afterwards. we respected the SF team/fans...this is the game Beckett pitched and we won like 16-4, we even both clapped when Alou made a NICE diving catch to end an inning some fans though don't even respect their own team. I was surprised and thought "this is san francisco, where's the love?" lol at that game giants fans were booing and screaming at their poor CF (dont remember who it was)...and some little jack ass kid was saying "why did I even buy this hat?!" f-ing ungrateful bastard, lmao I would say a big chunk of people who wear Yankee hats are the biggest bandwagon fans ever, that may be too generous as alot of them go with the answer stated above ("it's just a hat I like to wear"). :rolleyes :plain I was at the Marlins Philly game last friday night...and saw some idiot wearing a Yankees cap and jersey...WTF??!! :ban lol it's like I was at a game earlier this year - twins @ dodgers...some fool was wearing an astros jersey!
September 23, 200521 yr I hate it when you go into a sports bar and the Marlins are playing the Phillies for the wild card and the main big screen has the Yankees on; ask the bar tender to switch it... Nope, Yankees Redsox are in a tight race..... f*** That s*** I got up and left! I sport my Marlins visor everyday, got me a licenses plate....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.