Top 5 worst Losses in your Teams history

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Mine:

1) Tonight's Eagles loss -- With a season on the line and your rivals at home down 20-7...no reason to lose.

2) Eagles-Bucs NFC Title Game -- The Vet was supposed to close in style.

3) Temple-Seton Hall in the title game -- That was an elite 8 team and I was going to see them in Syracuse.

4) Syracuse-Vermont -- Not f***ing Vermont!

5) Flyers loss of game 7 against the devils after lindros gets hurt -- f***in Lindros.

Dolphins -- December 2003 -- Up two scores with less than 5 minutes left in the game and end up losing and costing us the playoffs.

Dolphins -- December 2000 -- MNF against the Jets winning 30-7 well you know what happened.

Heat -- June 1998 -- Loss to the Knicks in the playoffs

Heat -- June 1999 -- Loss to the Knicks in the playoffs

Marlins -- September 2005 -- Giving up 10 runs in the Top of the ninth to lose to the Phillies and kill all hope of the playoffs and possibly DTrain's CY Young

Hurricanes -- Jan. 2003 -- vs OSU in Fiesta Bowl, that final play was rigged, the referee was paid off no doubt about it.

Guest FishFanInPA

Marlins -- September 2005 -- Giving up 10 runs in the Top of the ninth to lose to the Phillies and kill all hope of the playoffs and possibly DTrain's CY Young

That was #6 for me.

In my lifetime and memory:

1. Duke...2002 Sweet 16, Indiana: The most talented Duke team never to win it.

2. Duke...2004 Final Four, UConn: In the palm of our hands.

3. Red Sox...2003 ALCS Game 7, Yankees: Aaron Bleeping Boone.

4. Duke...1999 Championship Game, UConn: The second most talented Duke team never to win it.

5. Buccaneers...1999 NFC Championship Game, St. Louis: Bert Emanuel made that damn catch.

Dolphins -- December 2003 -- Up two scores with less than 5 minutes left in the game and end up losing and costing us the playoffs.

Dolphins -- December 2000 -- MNF against the Jets winning 30-7 well you know what happened.

Hurricanes -- Jan. 2003 -- vs OSU in Fiesta Bowl, that final play was rigged, the referee was paid off no doubt about it.

You rock, perfect list.

However, the Dolphins/Pats game a few years back when Miami's playoff chances were on the line....That was more devastating to me, at least.

Guest Moneyball

Well I have only been watching the Marlins on a nightly basis for 4 seasons...

1) 9-2005 The game Philly scored 10 in the ninth.

2) 6-2003 25-8 Red Sox, Red Sox score 10 before an out is recorded in first.

RED SOX 1ST: Damon doubled to right; Walker singled to center

[Damon scored]; Garciaparra doubled to center [Walker to third];

Ramirez homered [Walker scored, Garciaparra scored]; Ortiz

doubled to right; Millar singled to center [Ortiz scored];

TEJERA REPLACED PAVANO (PITCHING); Nixon singled to right

[Millar to second]; Mueller walked [Millar to third, Nixon to

second]; Varitek singled to center [Millar scored, Nixon scored,

Mueller to second]; Damon tripled to right [Mueller scored,

Varitek scored]; Walker singled to right [Damon scored]; the

Red Sox score 10 runs before making an out setting a new

record; LEVRAULT REPLACED TEJERA (PITCHING); Garciaparra

popped to catcher; Ramirez singled to right [Walker to third];

Ortiz walked [Ramirez to second]; Millar hit a sacrifice fly to

center [Walker scored]; Nixon walked [Ramirez to third, Ortiz to

second]; Mueller doubled to center [Ramirez scored, Ortiz

scored, Nixon to third]; Varitek walked; Damon singled to left

[Nixon scored, Mueller out at home (left to catcher), Varitek to

second]; 14 R, 13 H, 0 E, 2 LOB. Marlins 1, Red Sox 14.

:plain

3) 9-2001(?) 20-2 Braves

1. Mets : Walking Andruw Jones with the bases loaded in '99 Game 6, NLCS. To go from such a high to such a low in 24 hours was incredibly heartbreaking. That whole series ripped my heart out stomped on it 50 times and just when you thought it was over, shoved it back in so it could stomp on it the next day.

2. Giants : 2002 Wild Card Playoff. The NFL Even apologized for that screw job. I get sick still thinking about it.

3. Giants : 2003 MNF vs. Cowboys.

4. Mets : 2000 WS Game 5 vs. Yanks

5. Mets : 1988 NLCS Game 5. Barely old enough to comprehend baseball, and the Mets still broke my heart.

In my lifetime and memory:

1. Duke...2002 Sweet 16, Indiana: The most talented Duke team never to win it.

2. Duke...2004 Final Four, UConn: In the palm of our hands.

Your #2 is the only loss that ever kind of floored me. It was a different feeling altogether.

Your #1 I was spared because I ran to a concert right after, and didn't really have a chance to think about it.

The Dolphins? I find it pretty easy to laugh when they screw up. I think I'm used to it.

The only Marlins loss that ever bothered me was that Phillies game several folks have already brought up.

Last year's Heat loss to Detroit would have been worse if I weren't going to be out of the country for the Finals.

Also, that Game 4 loss to Colorado in the Stanley Cup. The game that went scoreless until I think 4:37 of the 3rd OT. Freaking Uwe Krupp. I was younger then...sports just mattered more.

Oh, sh*t...I almost forgot. If that Duke loss to UCONN is my #1, then my #2 is without a doubt the 1993 World Series...after the Phillies had come back from down 5-1 late in the game, Mitch Williams came in to a 6-5 game and just f***ed everything up. Now that I think about it, there's no way that wasn't my #1. I was scarred for life. And, yes, I was a huge Phillies fan back then.

Guest marlins02

The 2003 loss was the loss to the Pats that cost us going to the playoffs on the last day of the season.

that loss was in 02.

believe me i remember way to vividly.

#1. Buckeyes to Texas '05. Only because it's the most reason. I still have trouble forgiving Troy Smith for getting suspended.

#2. Buckeyes to Michigan State 1998. One of the best Buckeyes teams, period and we lost to that squad. Like a nail to the heart.

#3. Buckeyes 1995 to Michigan. Team didn't live up to their potential with Eddie George, Terry Glenn, Shawn Springs, Mike Vrabel, Orlando Pace and Bobby Hoying (greatest Buckeyes QB in my opinion) and it was a sign of things to come in their bowl game.

#4. Bengals/Browns December 28th, 2003. Killed any chances for us to go to the playoffs and we lost to the Browns and had to go home with Browns fans. "Here we go Brownies" still rings in my head to this day when I think about it.

#5. Bengals/Pittsburgh in Cincinnati 2005. They dominated us. And it's still fresh in my mind.

An honorable mention would have to be the Super Bowl XXIII in Florida. But, I was still a kid then and didn't understand the signifigance as well as I do today. As a kid, I just thought we'd make it again next year and win... None of these losses was devastating, but I don't think about the past that much, either. It sucks, but what happened happened.

In no order

1. Miami vs Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl

2. Jets Steelers last year in the playoffs. Jets missed 2 field goals in the final 2 min.

3. 2002 as the phillies cap a 5 game sweep and end the marlins season in june. I think that was a horrible loss because the marlins were just starting to turn the corner and then they drop 5 games in a row.

4. Game 4 of the Stanley cup in 1995-96 when panthers lost in 3Ots

5. 2000 Jets vs Lions or Jets vs Bills 2002. In both games the jets were 9-6 and with a win go to the playoffs but in both games they lost to teams with losing records and missed the playoffs.

Easy -

1) Florida v Nebraska, 1995 Fiesta Bowl - Just devastating.

2) Florida v Tennessee, 2001 Reg Season - Should've been in the national title game. (more than likely still would have lost to Miami in it though)

3) Florida v Michigan State, 2000 Championship Game (b-ball) - Mich St was just too good.

4) Florida v FSU, 1994 Reg Season - The Choke in Doak

5) Florida v Miami, 2003 Reg Season - Damn it.

Honorable Mention

1998 v Tennessee - outrushed em, outpassed em, fumbled 5 times, lost in overtime.

2004 v Tennessee - got beat on a last second 52 yarder after a BS personal foul penalty and clock mistake by the refs.

1996 v FSU - UF, clearly more talented, just didn't show up at the Doak that day. Blew out FSU later in the bowl to show who the better team was.

1. Super Bowl XXX: Steelers lost to the Cowboys 27 - 17 on Neil O'Donnell's brain farts.

2. 1992 NLCS Game 7: Barry Bonds couldn't throw out Sid F'n Bream.

3. 2004 AFC Championship game vs. The Pats

4. 1994 AFC Championship game vs. The Chargers

5. Penguins vs. Flyers: Game 4 of the 2nd round of the 99-00 playoffs. Lost 2 - 1 in 5 OTs. Keith Primeau broke the hearts and backs of the Pens. Flyers went on to win the series.

I would squeeze the 63-0 pounding we got from Jacksonville first round of the playoffs one year (99?) in there.

Guest marlins02

December of 02: dolphins lose to the pats in the regular season finale and lose the division and miss the playoffs. Dave Wannstedt is a dumbass.

2003 Fiesta Bowl a week later: UM loses to OSU

May of 1999: Allan Houston hits that lean in shot to beat Miami in game 5 of the 1st round. ive hated him till this day.

January of 95 in the AFC divisional playoff game: Dolphins lose to San Diego on a missed field goal.

October of 2000: Dolphins vs Jets on Monday night football. i will say nothing else about that.

1. Every Dolphins vs Bills game in the 90s. They always killed us in the playoffs and it destroyed me. I remember the championship game still. Thurman thomas catching screen plays for over 200 yards recieving. On a play they just decided to toss in there on the plane trip down. It wasnt even expected to use. GOD DAMN BILLS!

2. 2002 Dolphins vs Pats, where we blue the game and lost the chance for the playoffs

3. 1985 Dolphins vs Pats in the playoffs, pats hire an ex-convict to use a snow mover to hit a field goal to win. Otherwise miami goes on and most likely would of Destroyed the Bears in the Super bowl like they did on MNF

4. 2003 Fiesta Bowl, the biggest poorest excuse of a game officating Ever seen. I still shiver when I see that breck on Willis. If he didnt get hurt miami wins in a blow out going away.

5. 2000 MNF Fins vs Jets... the end..

considerations 1984 Super bowl game, 1983 Greatest Game ever Playoff loss to SD (should of kicked wilson while he was done and stopped helping him up!)

Monday Night Football 2000 Jets vs. Dolphins

Dolphins @ Patriots 2002 - Throwing it three straight times late in the fourth quarter when pinned deep in your own territory while Ricky Williams was running wild (I believe 188 yards). The fact we let Jay throw those three turdballs and then Mark Royals punted it about 15 yards and gave the Pats a gimme game-tying TD

Wide Right III - I was at the Orange Bowel. It started our downward spiral. Chris Weinke had one of his worst days ever. He threw so many picks yet we were still in the game, but folded at the end.

Orange Bowl 2001 - Why Bowden allowed Mark Richt to remain as offensive coordinator although he already accepted the UGA job is beyond me. It was obvious the guy wasn't prepared at all for the National Friggin' Championship, yet he screwed Bobby out of back-to-back Titles. I've never seen an offense with a Heisman winner look so inept.

Dolphins @ Chargers 1995 AFC Divisional Round - How we lost that game is beyond me. Frickin' Pete Stoyanovich cost us. Not only that, but the defense collapsed late and cost Marino a shot at his ring (although we likely would've gotten raped in the Superbowl by the 49ers)

1. 2003 Fiesta Bowl - UM vs OSU, though I don't buy into the theory that the refs were the sole reason for losing that game.

2. 2000 AFC Wild Card - Bills vs. Titans. The Music City Miracle. After Rob Johnson improbably lead a game winning drive (after contoversially starting over Flutie) on the road in the playoffs, the Titans pull off a miracle and sink a Bills team that had they won would have, IMO, gone to the Super Bowl, as they really came on at the end of the season and destroyed the team they would have played in the divisional round, Indianapolis, in the last game of the regular season.

3. Super Bowl XXV - Bills vs. Giants - Wide right. This is only third because I wasn't old enough to completely understand the magnitude, being in first grade and all. If this type of loss happened now, I'd probably go on a month long drinking binge and possibly take up heroin.

A distant fourth and fifth....

4 Super Bowl XXVIII - Bills vs. Cowboys. In the fourth and final chapter of Buffalo's Super Bowl futility, they take a 13-6 lead into halftime against the Cowboys. In the opening minutes of the second half, Thurman Thomas fumbles, the Cowboys recover and score, and its more of the same for the Bills.

5. 1998-99 AFC Wild Card - Bills vs Dolphins. Flutie is sacked and fumbles inside the Dolphins five yard line with seconds to go on the clock. The Bills somehow lose this game (mostly because of turnovers) despite Eric Moulds setting a playoff record with 240 receiving yards. It was especially painful being at the game.

Honorable mention are the Bills Wild Card loss at home to the Jags in Jim Kelly's final game and UM's 1999 loss to Penn State when freshman Mike Rumph got beaten deep in the final minutes.

3. 1985 Dolphins vs Pats in the playoffs, pats hire an ex-convict to use a snow mover to hit a field goal to win. Otherwise miami goes on and most likely would of Destroyed the Bears in the Super bowl like they did on MNF

Huh?????

The snow plow game was in 1982. We lost fair and square to the Pats in the 1985 AFC Championship game. That game was far from snowy because the game was played in the OB. The two incidents are not connected except as bad losses. Dolphins still made the 1982 Super Bowl and lost to Washington.

The 2003 loss was the loss to the Pats that cost us going to the playoffs on the last day of the season.

that loss was in 02.

believe me i remember way to vividly.

Dolphin screw ups seem to run together for me now.

Huh?????

The snow plow game was in 1982. We lost fair and square to the Pats in the 1985 AFC Championship game. That game was far from snowy because the game was played in the OB. The two incidents are not connected except as bad losses. Dolphins still made the 1982 Super Bowl and lost to Washington.

The 1985 game was at the OB. The Dolphins were huge favorites. Guess what happened next?