Luis Withdrawal

Lefty

It took about two weeks of misguided perceptions for me to finally accept the reality that Castillo is gone. The initial shock rendered me teary-eyed, but a couple days after I was fine. Now I'm starting to get 'Louey Withdrawal'. I'm really sad again :confused

And what makes my plight all the more frustrating is that there isn't anyone on our roster to take his place.

I miss LUIS!

Anyone else share similar sentiments (not necessarily about Gimpy)

I miss him as well and plan on watching the Twins whenever they are available.

I would too... but I'm right in the middle of "local market" country when it comes to MLB.tv so those games are blacked out for me.

Yeah, I'd be able to see Twinkies games if I'm at a bar or they are playing on ESPN.

I'm going to watch Luis and Beckett as much as possible next year...the thought of them elsewhere still just doesn't seem right.

Everyone else I can deal with, even Conine (since it's happened once before and he walked as much as we let him go), but I really thought Josh and Luis were going to be career Marlins...oh well, sucks to be a Marlin fan.

I always watched like 30-35 Red Sox games a year, but now I definitely won't be missing many of Beckett's starts. Sad that the Red Sox have just as many members of 2005's Marlin Opening Day roster as the Marlins do.

I'll try to catch Twins games as much as possible, as well. I'll miss Luiy probably the most.

it gonna kill me to see him wearing another uniform more than any of these guys.

Agreed. Luis is my favorite player he always has been when i moved to south florida in 1995 I began to root for the Marlins and then in 1996 i decided that I wanted to have a favorite player so i chose Luis cuz he was young and i always liked second base. Ever since then i've always been the biggest Luis Castillo fan. My room is cover with autographs and bobbleheads of marlins but the majority of my stuff is Castillo. I'll watch the twins any chance i can get.

Definitely one of my favorite players. A Dominican player that could take a walk and had some great defense to boot. I really like the Twins anyway so I'll root him on.

:thumbup

I'll follow and root for everyone except Mike Lowell

What's wrong with Mike?

He's the reason Josh Beckett plays for the Red Sox right now...

Yes, it's all Mike's fault that the Marlins trade him and Josh...

Actually it pretty much was. They couldn't trade Lowell on his own, unless the Marlins ate a considerable chunk of contract, so they had to throw in something enticing.