Which U.S. states do you like?

SuperAngels

Which U.S. states do you like?

I thought about this topic the other day........

I like the U.S. but I do not care to live or travel to most of the U.S.'s states!

IMO.........

I like the following U.S. states:

1. California, home sweet home, real estate pricey in coastal areas but reasonable in central valley, much to see and do.

2. Oregon, it's ok, I don't know much about Oregon

3. Washington, I like it

4. Idaho, it's ok but small

5. Utah, I like it, except if Mormans start to harrass.

6. Arizona, though too hot

7. Nevada, though I don't care for the gambling and brothels to that extent

8. Kansas, (I lived in Wichita for about 6 months), I liked it

9. Tennessee, (I lived in Memphis for about 6 months), It was ok

The following U.S. states are ok to travel to:

10. New York, but too cold

11. Maine, but too cold

12. Florida was a nice place until the real estate prices became California like and the Hurricanes became more frequent.

13. Colorado, I like snow skiing

14. Texas, very marginal as the people are generally not friendly except the girls but reasonable cost of living.

15. New Mexico, very marginal as there is not much there

16. Montana, too cold in winter, too many wild animals

17. Wyoming, too cold in winter, too many wild animals

18. Minnesota, but too cold, too many wild animals

19. Nebraska, I like Omaha

20. Illinois, but too cold

21. Alaska, is alright in the summer time

22. Hawaii, very nice but isolated

I dislike the southern U.S. states

I dislike the freezing cold Northeast states and Canadian border states.

So most of the U.S., 28 out 50 states I dislike..........

:mischief2 :mischief2 :hat

As far as Washington DC, I feel like I'm in a target area over there.

Then Puerto Rico is a bit crowded and rural.

Guam is too rainy and isolated.

U.S. Virgin Islands, nice but isolated...........

Guest Guest

Nevada- I absolutely love Las Vegas and sometimes I wish I lived there.

Florida- I live in FL

California- Been there a couple of times and I loved it.

Love:

North Carolina

Vermont

Florida

Arizona

Hawaii

Like:

New York

Georgia

California

Texas

Tennessee

South Carolina

Massachusettes

Nevada

Dislike:

Alabama

Louisiana

Pennsylvania

New Jersey

Everything else I'm either impartial to or just about even like/hate.

States that I would live in:

Hawaii- Most awesome place on Earth and land of my birth. It's hard to be cold on Oahu, yet you don't get the horrible heat like Florida due to the ocean breeze. It's tropical, it's got mountains, beaches, and pretty kewl people. I like the isolation of Hawaii. The world is a pretty crummy place for the most part, and Hawaii is away from it all.

Florida-A lot of people hate Florida, even people who live here. I've live here since I was like two years old and I think it's a damn good state. Most of ya'll on here live here and you know why we're better than the other states. No state income tax too.

Maryland- I've been to Maryland too many times to count. Nothing beats Maryland crab, and the Chesapeake Bay/Annapolis are more awesome for boating than anywhere else I've ever been. And then there's Candem Yard.

California- They have a douche as governor, but it's still a great place. Living in the coastal area of California I think makes up for the high prices/taxes. San Fransisco and Silicon Valley are awesome.

Washington/Oregon- I group them together because both are pretty awesome. Oregon has no sales tax, Washington doesn't tax your income. Seattle is one the greatest cities in the world.

Arizonia-Hot, but no humdity, and not that many things that cause allergies.

Colorado- Mountains are always nice, and it's not that expensive there.

States I don't like and would never live in unless death was the only alternative:

New Jersey

Utah

The Dakotas

South Carolina

Mississippi

Kansas

The majority of the Northeast. I just hate the weather there, and the cities there are sorta meh.

I'm only doing states I've lived in or have spent a good ammount of time.

Like:

1. North Carolina

2. Texas

3. Ohio

4. New York

5. Alaska

Dislike:

1. West Virginia

2. Florida

3. Virginia

4. Massachusetts

5. South Carolina

North Carolina is the easy no. 1, I lived there the majority of my life and hopefully if I have the choice after school I would like to move back there to raise a family. It has the best weather, mountains, piedmont, and beaches. I love the RTP area and it has a tremendous ammount of college life.

Texas is suprisingly my no.2 choice. Before I came to school here I didn't think I would like it as mych as I have but I love my school, the area, and the big and diverse cities it has to offer.

Ohio, not in here just because of my birthplace but it has one of the best summer/spring climates to me.

New York is a fun place to go and it also has alot of diversity and culture.

I took a trip to Alaska about 6-7 years ago and it was one of the most gorgeous places I have ever seen and I liked the change of pace of the living there.

West Virginia is the bottom of the barrell to me. Whenever we made trips when I lived at home with my family to relatives in Ohio or to OSU football games my dad would always switch off with me or my older brother to drive through the mountains of WV. I would probably drink motor oil instead of treking through there again by choice.

Not trying to bust anyone's chops here but when the weather in Florida used to irritate the hell out of me. You could go out the door at 5 am and already you would feel a blast of heat as you walked outside. I'm a fan of seasons and Florida doesnt offer that. It's perfect for some and it's not compatible for others, I fall in the latter.

Virginia is just lame to me, it wants to be NC and WV at the same time, plus the highway patrolmen are like dogs there.

Massachusetts, outside of going to Fenway and spending some time in Harvard Square I don't like this state much at all. Way too liberal for my tastes.

South Carolina, doesn't offer much, never liked the beaches, and it is swamped with retirees and northern transplants.

Like:

New York: It's got NYC, nuff said

CT: It's a good state to grow up in

Florida: Disney, beaches and nice weather

Dislike:

New Jersey: If you've ever met someone from this state, you'll know why

Massachusetts: One word: "Masshole"

Texas: The cowboy thing is just getting old....1890's old

Like:

New York: It's got NYC, nuff said

CT: It's a good state to grow up in

Florida: Disney, beaches and nice weather

Dislike:

New Jersey: If you've ever met someone from this state, you'll know why

Massachusetts: One word: "Masshole"

Texas: The cowboy thing is just getting old....1890's old

I don't think I've met any 'cowboys' down here.

You do realize that just because you wear a cowboy hat doesn't mean you are a 'cowboy' right?

Like:

Virginia

North Carolina

Florida

Tennessee

New York

Dislike:

New Jersey

West Virginia

Love Virginia. I'm never going to live there again but it's a fun place to go and visit. And Passion is right the highway partol men are jackasses

North Carolina is awesome. Has everything. I wouldn't mind staying in the Raleigh/Durham area when I graduate but I think I may be moving south.

Florida. I was born there lived there for a good while. Outside of my parents my whole family lives there. As of right now I plan on moving to central Florida when I graduate. I'm not a fan of the cold and love the heat even if it is ridiculous sometimes.

Tennessee and New York are fun places to visit. Never had a bad experience in either state.

New Jersey is a sh*thole

West Virginia is West Virginia. Outside of Morgantown, I don't think there is anything worthwhile in WV

Like:

North Carolina, obviously

California

Michigan

Illinois

Maryland

Im not a fan of New Jersey, New York (outside of NYC, im not interested), Massachusets (after Boston, i could live without it), Virginia and South Carolina

Living in Miami is pretty sweet, but i couldnt see myself living anywhere else in Florida, and it is a crummy state to go on a road trip.

Like:

Florida-I miss ye

Nevada- Good times, Lake Tahoe is truly amazing

North Carolina- Very homey, Smokey Mts. are sweet

New York- It's home again and I must deal

Virginia- Beautiful, but traffic laws too much for me

Don't really have dislikes, but I've only lived in NY and FL and the others have been drive through. Although Nevada was a weeks stay and my brother has a cabin in the Smokies in NC that I frequent.

Like:

Florida - Home Sweet Home

Georgia - It's very nice and the people are very polite.

North Carolina - It's gorgeous. I love the mountains. My brother lived here for years and I would spend part of my summers there.

New York - I've never been to NYC, but I have been to Buffalo and Rochester, and liked hanging out there.

Virginia/Washington D.C. - My sister lived there for many years and I spent part of my summers there. I love everything about D.C. It's been years since I have been there. I am dying to go back.

Das Loves:

Texas

Das Likes:

Florida (in pieces, could never live there)

Ohio

Missouri

Vermont (or so I have heard)

Montana, Wyoming, Idaho (from what I have read and seen in photos and articles)

Das Hates:

Arkansas

Lousiana

Mississippi

The rest I dont know enough about to care...at least not yet.

Top 3:

1. Hawaii

2. New York

3. California

Bottom 3:

1. Arkansas

2. Missouri

3. Jersey

Bottom line - Hawaii rocks the world. Each island offers something slightly different but thay all have two things in common - absolutely gorgeous and awesome, chill attitude.

New York and California are both great states because of the diversity they offer. Most people think of NYC and LA when they think of these states. If you move north, the states are completely different. All of a sudden you have 4 beautifull seasons, lakes, rivers, streams, mountains, skiing, hiking... I actually like the cold - for a certain amount of time. I enjoy skiing and sleigh riding and snowball fights and honestly feel sorry for people who have never experienced that kind of fun and joy.

Jersey needs no justification for hitting the bottom states. Missouri has some nice stuff [Ozarks, Branson]but is a terrible place [st. Louis]. There is simply nothing appealing. Same goes for Arkansas, only there's even less to like.

In fairness, number 4 would have been just about any middle state. There is NOTHING going on from the Mississippi to the Rockies! Nebraska? Iowa? Kansas? I have family in some of these places and can not figure it out for the life of me. You are SO far from a reasonable source of water. I can't deal with that. I need to be near lakes and oceans and rivers. I would go crazy.

I LIKE Florida - but I don't LOVE Florida. The Keys are awesome. Miami is a fun town. The coast towns and cities are - for the most part - cool. But, middle Florida is just plain scary. I mean - dueling banjos scary. The humidity is also tough for those of us not of Cuban or Puerto Rican decent... :thumbup

States I like

1. Illinois - my hometown, Chicago is a great city too.

2. Ohio - Where I live now, I love the summer, spring and fall here, even though i dont like the winters. Cleveland is not a bad city either.

3. Colorado- Visted my uncle there a few times and it is a nice state. The mountains are beautiful and Denver is nice. Turning into a yuppie town now, seems like all the people from L.A are moving out there, but a very nice state.

4. Texas- Only been there once for a day, but Houston and Austin were very nice, and I have heard nothing but good things about Texas, I dont know about the heat in the summer, but since I might be living there if I get a job with Continental Airlines, i will see soon enough.

States I dislike

1. New Jersey - never been there, but half my neighborhood are transplants from New Jersey and they are not nice at all, i dislike them and i have heard bad things about that state

2. Florida - I lived there for 7 years, in Sanford/Lake Marry. I hated the heat in the summers, the bugs were bad too, and red ants. I loved the marlins and nasa and the beach and all that. Nice place to visit, i go back there every year, but i wont live there again. No offense to anyone here, but going to Miami now a days is like traveling to a foriegn country, it was frustrating trying to find someone in my own country who could speak english to help me out, but couldnt find anyone.

3. Massachusetts- same things Passion said

4. Alabama- I go to Pennsicola Florida every summer, and when we drove into Alabama, i didnt find it that nice at all.

I love Florida. I am a Graham Cracker and proud of it.

I love Georgia as well, they are what I like to call Diet Florida. For those that need their seasons, but not too much winter.

I also like New York and New Jersey because I find it amazing how they can keep so many people with so many tasks moving.

Guest Fritz

Florida - Always loved this place...from the hillbillies to the thugs, just a lot of different people

California - Only been to Lake Tahoe, but it was ridiculously gorgeous and it seems like a pretty nice place, except for the Nazi politics

New York - NYC is just amazing, so big, so diverse, so American

Vermont - Charming, peaceful, you can pick up Canadian radio stations, good skiing

Dislikes

Alabama - C'mon, it's Alabama

Illinois - Chicago is cool, but it's cold

Indiana - Nothing outside of Indianapolis and it's a bunch of friggin' cornfields

States I *like*

Hawaii....Have been there many times and if you just want to get away from it all,go to Maui.So serene and quiet.

Washington....That's where I go to see some ball games.Safeco is a sweet ballpark.I love Starbucks and in Seattle,there are millions of them!

Colorado...Great for skiing and hiking and more.Has aspects of all seasons,that's nice.

States I *don't like*

Texas...Too hot,too many bugs.Just no.

Love:

Virginia - my homestate, it has everything anyone could ever want.

New Hampshire - there's just something about it. The beautiful mountains, women, and lakes are wonderful.

Vermont - Kind of like New Hampshire, I have family there as well.

South Carolina - I really just like Myrtle Beach

New York - I'm a huge fan of upstate NY

Dislike:

New Jersey - Yuck yuck yuck. Just wipe it off the map already.

Pennsylvania - Wants to be New Jersey in the east, and the western part is just a skeleton of the coal mining industry. It's really kind of depressing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.