Marlins vs NASA---8:05et---at the JuiceBox

Ramp

versus

---

HOUSTON -- Unable to score a run on Opening Day, the Marlins rebounded on Tuesday night with an 11-2 outburst to even the series with the Astros.

Now the Marlins enter Wednesday night looking to take the series.

By hammering out 17 hits, and getting the best of Andy Pettitte, the Marlins handed Joe Girardi his first managerial victory.

In Wednesday's finale, the Marlins turn to veteran Brian Moehler.

In his eighth season, and second with the Marlins, Moehler faces one of his former teams. In 2003, the right-hander appeared in three games for the Astros before undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery.

A year ago, Moehler made 25 starts for Florida and appeared in 37 games.

The Astros made a change to their rotation, settling on left-hander Wandy Rodriguez. Originally, Brandon Backe was scheduled to start the series finale, but Backe was scratched because of a back problem.

It's been an opening series of firsts for Florida. On Tuesday, Dan Uggla and Reggie Abercrombie each collected their first Major League hits, both singles. Josh Willingham enjoyed his first two-homer game, becoming the first rookie since Miguel Cabrera in 2003 to go deep twice in a game. Hanley Ramirez's four hits were one shy of the rookie record of five by Mark Kotsay.

Pitching matchup

FLA: RHP Brian Moehler (6-12, 4.55 ERA in 2005)

Rebounding from 2003 Tommy John surgery, Moehler logged 158 1/3 innings last year. In some ways his record was deceptive, because in the first half, he was 4-6 with a 3.27 ERA. But the veteran has more confidence throwing his changeup than he did previously.

HOU: LHP Wandy Rodriguez (10-10, 5.53 ERA in 2005)

Initially, Brandon Backe was set to make this start. But back discomfort caused manager Phil Garner to alter his rotation, opting for the left-hander Rodriguez, who faced the Marlins once in 2005. As a rookie last year, he lost to Florida, giving up three runs in 6 1/3 innings.

Player to watch

Morgan Ensberg, who bats cleanup for the Astros, has long been a tough out for the Marlins. Ensberg had two walks and a single on Opening Day. On Tuesday, the All-Star third baseman was 1-for-4. For his career, the slugger is 18-for-58 (.310) against Florida pitching.

Josh Willingham, who hit cleanup for the Marlins smoked 2 homeruns off the Astros yesterday. He probably gets the start behind the plate, which means Chris Aguila will be making his first start in LF this year. Hammer is seeking to become the first Marlin to ever have back to back multi-homerun games(I think).

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

On television

• FSN Florida

On radio

• 560 WQAM; 1140 WQBA (Espa?ol)

Roof

Open

Other things to look for:

•Brian Moehler is most famous for: For somehow starting off 2005 2-5 while having a 2.98era

•Wandy Rodriguez is most famous for: Being the first "Wandy" to make it to the show

•Can Shadez Nation do it again?

•Will the real Jeremy Hermida please stand up?

•Will Josh Willingham's homerun leave the stadium this time?

•How many MB.com users will "temporarily" jump off the bandwagon if the Marlins fall behind early?

•Who names their son Wandy?

•And finally, can the Marlins do the unthinkable and win a series?

All this and sooooo much more, tonight as the Florida Marlins take on the Houston Astros live live LIVE in Minute Maid Park

Here's hoping we can win tonight! Last night was awesome...

being in CT for college, I listen to the games through MLB.com (my friend who is also from Miami has MLB.TV and its awesome)...after the win, I played my (new) traditional win songs: Everybody's doin' the Fish; R&R Pt. 2; and Bang on the Drum! I hope I can play those tonight!

Hey, the Fish come to Mets' territory Friday! I can't find anyone who wants to go, (are Mets' fans afraid of the Marlins?) but I'll be watching it on SportsNet New York if I can't make it out there. It stinks having the 1:05 games Saturday and Sunday for me since I don't have a car...

but how awesome would it be if I could see the 2-1 Marlins playing live up here...I'll take the 1-2 Marlins anytime though...just any opportunity to see the Marlins no matter how good or bad they are makes my day!

What happened to Vargas I thought he would pitch #3...L R L R thing.

Well, the first game the Marlins will need to start Olsen is April 15 after Mitre, so at that point, the rotation will be Willis-Mitre-Olsen-Moehler-Vargas, L-R-L-R-L.

and that's why Ross is the best InfoMan in the biz

Guest ShaqandWade323

What happened to Vargas I thought he would pitch #3...L R L R thing.

Well, the first game the Marlins will need to start Olsen is April 15 after Mitre, so at that point, the rotation will be Willis-Mitre-Olsen-Moehler-Vargas, L-R-L-R-L.

Genius!

the last time this group of Marlins scored double digits, the following night they repeated the feat

yes I realize that was just spring training :mischief

Wouldn't the last time they scored double digits be the day they did it again. :mischief2

:shifty