D-Train Rumor?

poptart

this comes from the ken rosenthal article. As I said, I believe upon that board, to the red sox fan that believes the marlins are dumb to do the trade. How foolish they are there dude.

He never read the article which was about how the marlins cant trade D-train and how it would cost Alot more then just these two.

Its obviously a fantasy trade made up by a Sox fan hoping to complete the rape of our stockpile of players.

Not happening.

that's what i was thinking. but they said lester's the 4th rated lefty pitching prospect in america... thats why i wanna hear about this guy

Then why word it that way.

cuz i tried to think how to reword it but i couldnt figure it out... if you can pick a good way i'll edit my post.

How about this:

Some :jackass wrote some worthless drivel about the Marlins trading D-Train for Lester and Hansen from the Sox?

i read about this on another board... anyone hear anything about this, or know anything about these dudes?

And just so you don't get the wrong idea, the :jackass is the guy who posted the original rumor, not you.

I think it was baseball prospectus that had something pretty damning to say about Lester. Along the lines of he's the kind of pitching prospect any organization can develop, he just happens to be left handed and playing for the Red Sox.

I'd be tremendously upset if this is what we set our eyes on as a fair haul for Willis, especially considering we didn't use one of our first rounders on Hansen instead deciding Boras was too much to deal with.

Guest Fritz

The Red Sox hype machine has spread all the way down to their system. It's extremely overrated. Papelbon is good and Hansen is good, but I still have my doubts about their prospects. It seems like every Red Sox prospect is ZOMG and the best thing since sliced bread. I have my doubts.

Tell me Howie Kendrick and Kotchman for Willis and Jacobs.....let's talk

Tell me Carlos Quentin and Conor Jackson for Willis and Jacobs...let's talk

Lester and Papelbon for Willis? Let's talk.

Hansen? No thanks.

Still...I'd rather keep Willis here.

Hansen? No thanks.

Why is Jacobs suddenly involved?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I think it was baseball prospectus that had something pretty damning to say about Lester. Along the lines of he's the kind of pitching prospect any organization can develop, he just happens to be left handed and playing for the Red Sox.

I'd be tremendously upset if this is what we set our eyes on as a fair haul for Willis, especially considering we didn't use one of our first rounders on Hansen instead deciding Boras was too much to deal with.

Didn't they say essentially the same thing about Hanley? That he was a generic ballplayer made to look extra pretty by where he was developed? BP is so used to playing the role of the "debunker" that they end up being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Didn't they say essentially the same thing about Hanley? That he was a generic ballplayer made to look extra pretty by where he was developed? BP is so used to playing the role of the "debunker" that they end up being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

They soured on Hanley a little because of a dip in double AA stats versus his single A ones, but they still really like him as a prospect.

We find Jon Lester, finally, at #25. I?ve beaten this particular horse to death, so let me refer you to what Dave Cameron said about him in a great discussion at U.S.S. Mariner:

Lester and Papelbon ? [are] solid, good pitching prospects. But these guys aren?t special. Almost every organization has a guy like Papelbon or Lester. There?s a lot of 90-94 MPH arms with developing secondary pitches and mediocre command running around out there.

This is in a nutshell what I?ve been trying to say all along. Papelbon (who ranks even lower) and Lester are solid, grade B pitching prospects.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=4825

I don't know if that says they are generic ballplayers, but he ain't Liriano, Cain, Verlander, Zumaya, Reyes, Sowers, etc.

Hansen? No thanks.

Why is Jacobs suddenly involved?

Because Willis would not net us two Top 20 prospects on his own. And if you bring in someone like Kotchman, Jacobs becomes expendable. I like Jacobs...simply throwing out names that would be upgrades.