Fathers vs Marlins---4:05et---at the Fish Tank

Ramp

versus

---

For many Marlins' players, their lone Dolphins Stadium experience was greeting fans at FanFest in early February.

On Tuesday, a number of young Marlins will be making their home debut.

In all, 13 players on the roster will suit up as Marlins for the first time at home. Seven have never played at Dolphins Stadium.

After a two-city road trip to start the year, the Marlins take on the Padres in the home opener at 4:05 p.m. The Marlins dropped four of five away, but they return home pleased with the effort, if not the record.

"We're in ballgames, and we're playing everybody tough," rookie right fielder Jeremy Hermida said. "You've got to take positives from that. We're out there playing these teams tough. We have to take the positives, go home and win some ballgames."

Playing at Dolphins Stadium will be a new experience for several Marlins.

Second baseman Dan Uggla is one of the new players who has never stepped on his new home field.

"It will be nice," said Uggla of making his home debut. "It's always fun to be on the road, [but] I have a little baby to go home to. It was fun, being my first road trip. I had never been to New York before. It was fun taking the subway and taking cabs and seeing what this lifestyle is like."

Uggla became a father on March 30, and he left on the road trip one day after his son, Jackson, was born. Being on the road was an eye-opener for Uggla, who noted how expensive food was in New York.

"Our bill for breakfast, for four, was $120," he said.

Tuesday also represents the first home game for Joe Girardi as the Marlins' manager. In his playing days as catcher, Girardi found Dolphins Stadium a decent place.

"I thought it was a pretty good place to play," Girardi said. "It's hot. Obviously, it didn't have the amenities of a lot of ballparks. But the surface was good. I used to judge a park by my little area."

The Marlins will start Sergio Mitre, the former Cub who has never pitched in Dolphins Stadium. San Diego will go with veteran right-hander Woody Williams.

Parking gates open at 1 p.m., with the stadium gates opening at 2 p.m. The pregame activities get going at 3:30 p.m.

Singing the national anthem will be Nadia Turner, a 2005 "American Idol" finalist. Tossing out the ceremonial first pitch will be James Freed, the longest-running Marlins season-ticket holder (1992).

The colors will be presented by the United States Army Color Guard, and there will be a pregame performance by The Florida National Guard 13th Army Band. Four F-18 Fighter Jets from the Key West Naval Air Station will conduct a flyover after the national anthem.

About 23,000 tickets have been sold, and with a walkup, 30,000 may be on hand. Tickets are available at www.floridamarlins.com.

Pitching matchup

FLA: RHP Sergio Mitre (0-0, 0.00)

Starting off the season on a high, Mitre tossed six scoreless innings in a victory at Houston last Tuesday. The right-hander scattered three hits and struck out five in a strong showing. He showed some power at the plate, too, delivering an RBI double. Mitre is 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA against the Padres.

SD: RHP Woody Williams (0-0, 0.50)

Bounced from the rotation to start the season, Williams, after pitching an inning of scoreless relief against the Giants, moves back into a starting role with Shawn Estes on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left elbow. Williams lost his only start against the Marlins last season, giving up six earned runs in five innings. He's 1-1 with a 5.49 ERA in three starts at Dolphins Stadium. If he's getting ahead of hitters, Williams has the stuff and expertise to win games.

Player to watch

Mike Piazza, who once enjoyed a brief stay as a Marlin, has posted some impressive power numbers against Florida. In 148 games facing Marlins pitching, Piazza has a .265 average with 22 home runs and 78 RBIs.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

On television

• FSN Florida

On radio

• 560 WQAM, 1140 WQBA(Espa?ol)

Other things to look for:

•Sergio Mitre is most famous for: being cooler than Sergio Garcia

•Woody Williams is most famous for: being born in 1966

•Can Miguel Olivo show the Padres what they're missing?

•What is the crowd size for our opening day and how many times do they mutter to themselves "who the hell are these guys?"

•If Reggie Abercomrbie can get on the board with his first major league extra base hit

•How many MB.com users will say "I dont remember Mike Piazza ever being a Marlin"?

•Do chicks really dig the long ball?

•And finally, can the Marlins get a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge win back in South Fla?

All this and sooooo much more, tonight as the Florida Marlins take on the San Diego Padres live live LIVE in Dolphins Stadium

I'm crushed that I won't be there for this year's opener. :(

Anyone want to babysit a 7-week old baby? :)

Very few things are better than baseball. Sex, a great band, birthday bar runs and newborn babies. Oh, wait, are you the father? Yeah, a 6-week honeymoon sounds about right. I hear screaming.

Shadez

Hermida

Cabs

Jake

Hammer

Uggz

Olivo

Kool Aid

Sergio

No! Willingham needs to catch