Moehler to the Pen?

PBMarlin

Looks like he'll have one more chance to right the ship:

Breaking up lefties: Right-handed pitcher Brian Moehler (0-3, 13.50 ERA) won't leave the starting rotation just yet.

Originally scheduled to start Sunday, Moehler will get an extra day's rest and start Monday in Chicago, but not to give him more time to work on correcting his flaws.

Girardi doesn't want three left-handed starters facing the Cubs in Chicago. He will avoid that by moving left-hander Jason Vargas to Sunday and Moehler to Monday. Vargas would stay on four days' rest because of Thursday's off day.

Left-hander Dontrelle Willis will start Tuesday and left-hander Scott Olsen will start Wednesday.

"It's good to give teams different looks,'' Girardi said.

If Moehler struggles Monday, he could lose his spot to either right-hander Josh Johnson or Ricky Nolasco, both of whom made the team as relievers after starting through most of their minor-league careers.

Link

Guest Guest

Then we can drop kick the worthless Mitre out of the rotation and put whoever is left behind of Johnson or Nolasco in there, and actually have a decent starting staff. Willis-Nolasco-Olsen-Johnson-Vargas is a much better rotation than what we are throwing out there now...the worthless Moehler and Mitre and the struggling Vargas. I just think Vargas will turn it around, the other two theres no hope for though.

Then we can drop kick the worthless Mitre out of the rotation and put whoever is left behind of Johnson or Nolasco in there, and actually have a decent starting staff. Willis-Nolasco-Olsen-Johnson-Vargas is a much better rotation than what we are throwing out there now...the worthless Moehler and Mitre and the struggling Vargas. I just think Vargas will turn it around, the other two theres no hope for though.

There's no reason to throw out Mitre at this point in time, as he's pitching pretty well. In the future, maybe, but he should stay in the rotation until he f***s up.

Your personal biases are getting old.

BTW - how's Josh Willingham looked thus far???

Guest Guest

Willingham proved me wrong, but Mitre is still the definition of horrible. I am just glad he isn't getting the chance to pitch in Philly.

QUOTE(Hermida_Rules27 @ Apr 22 2006, 3:44 PM)

Have you even seen Mitre pitch? He has much better stuff than Vargas. He has been one of our better starters. The kid throws mid 90's and has an excellent sinker and is only 24/25 years old. If that is worthless to you then please give me all of your junk... By the way, he also has better stuff than Nolasco! All Mitre needs is what Girardi is giving him, and that is a fair shot in the rotation. I think he will have a decent season.

Your all being bamboozled by 1 decent outing. He has no business at the MLB level.

Same could be said of Hermida.

Bamboozled by a hot September...ignoring a bad spring and a lackluster open to the season.

Now I'm not saying Hermida's bad, I actually think he's going to be great, but you can't have it both ways Spike.

Guest Guest

Dont call me an idiot, Mitre really has sucked his entire career, but this is the last I'll say about it, I am done talking about Mitre...he is a below average pitcher, IMO he's not even good enough for MLB, we will be much better off when he is as far away from the rotation as he can get because we have pitchers with loads more talent. At every level.

It's my opinion.

Dont call me an idiot, Mitre really has sucked his entire career, but this is the last I'll say about it, I am done talking about Mitre...he is a below average pitcher, IMO he's not even good enough for MLB, we will be much better off when he is as far away from the rotation as he can get because we have pitchers with loads more talent. At every level.

It's my opinion.

Mitre's era in the minors was 3.23

Nolasco's era in the minors was 3.48

Olsen era in the minors was 3.11

Johnson's era in the minors was 3.73

It's my opinion.

saying "I don't like Mitre" is an opinion. saying "he's not even good enough for MLB" is bashing him for no real reason.

It's my opinion.

lol, sure. nobody needs to actually call you an idiot because your post's speak for themselves.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.