next homestand

i'll be going to AT LEAST 8 more home games this year and im in gainesville , i wish the marlins offered packages more conducive to their central and north florida fan base , that said how sad is it that i will have gone to 13-15 marlin games this year and i am 5-6 hrs away from dolphin stadium and millions of people who went to parade in 03 , thousands of "die hard fans" who filled up ds in 03 havent been to one freaking game this year (or 04 , 05) !

i'll be going to AT LEAST 8 more home games this year and im in gainesville , i wish the marlins offered packages more conducive to their central and north florida fan base , that said how sad is it that i will have gone to 13-15 marlin games this year and i am 5-6 hrs away from dolphin stadium and millions of people who went to parade in 03 , thousands of "die hard fans" who filled up ds in 03 havent been to one freaking game this year (or 04 , 05) !

I stand and enthusiastically applaud you. I couldn't have said it better myself. People that live within 50 miles (we are outside that area) of the stadium and don't go to at least 20 games a year should be ashamed to call themselves fans. There are some exceptions to that thought, but very few. I have heard every excuse imaginable of why they don't go to the games. From it's too far to one guy actually tried to show that what time the sun sets affects why South Dade residents don't attend. After not attending games in '04 and '05 those "fans" should be made to relocate to some part of the USA that dosen't have a MLB team. They are just wasteing space down here.

i'll be going to AT LEAST 8 more home games this year and im in gainesville , i wish the marlins offered packages more conducive to their central and north florida fan base ,]

Now that my rant is over, what is it that you are looking for??? With all the packages the Marlins offer I would think at least one would fit your needs. Especially the voucher plans. I know alot of people that use them and are pretty pleased with the system.

Or are you talking about game/hotel packages??? Do you not know anyone in this area??

I was thinking a 6 game llike the devil rays have or 10 game plan might entice more central , and northern florida fans 20 games is a large committment (gas for travel , hotel, meals etc)for many of the fans of the marlins who live far away . A hotel package with the tickets is a good idea there are many things we could be doing to get more fans in seats . as to me i lived in kendall for many years so i know the miami area , moved to no fla for grad school even though i am finished still waiting on wife to finish up at grad school doesnt look like i'll be living in miami for at least a few more years , given the prices of home i wonder if i will ever live back down there .....hopefully the realestate market to steal a phrase from samson has a market correction

In the past I have only gone to games when we got free tickets. This year, I have gone for free (great seats), but I have paid for a ticket once, and a ticket for myself and my dad as well for the Sox series. I cannot go to 20 home games because of the fact that I split my time between Florida and CT, however I have been to:

May 24 Cubs

May 27 Mets

June 13 Braves

June 24 @ Yankees PPD

July 2 Red Sox

so 5 appearences at Marlins games so far.

and my plan is to go to

July 15 Astros

July 19 Nationals

July 22 Pirates

Aug 1 Mets

Aug 5 Dodgers

Aug 19 Braves

Aug 23 Nationals

so if I go to all of those games I will appear at 11 home games...

when I'm in Connecticut I plan to go to AT LEAST 1/3 of these games

SEP 19 @Mets

SEP 23 @Phillies

SEP 24 @ Phillies

so if all goes well I will go to between 13-15 games this year. I try!

I was thinking a 6 game llike the devil rays have or 10 game plan might entice more central , and northern florida fans 20 games is a large committment (gas for travel , hotel, meals etc)for many of the fans of the marlins who live far away . A hotel package with the tickets is a good idea there are many things we could be doing to get more fans in seats . as to me i lived in kendall for many years so i know the miami area , moved to no fla for grad school even though i am finished still waiting on wife to finish up at grad school doesnt look like i'll be living in miami for at least a few more years , given the prices of home i wonder if i will ever live back down there .....hopefully the realestate market to steal a phrase from samson has a market correction

They have a 13 game Saturday plan and a 13 game Sunday plan. Those and the voucher plans could be what you are looking for. The voucher plans work pretty well with the exception that you may have to add a few $$$ for premium (week end) games. I see where you may need more flexability tho. Maybe email the Marlins and they can work something out with you. Or let me know and I can give you my sales rep's name to see if he can help you out for next year.

We drive about an hour to the games and have full season tix. We usually miss about 15-20 games a year tho because of vacations or conflicting work schedules. If I knew what games you were able to attend maybe we could help you out. Section 127 Row 3. We also get 12 (I think) vouchers with each season ticket that I give out to friends etc...

If I had the money I'd definitely be purchasing the 8 pack they offer. I've seen 2 games this year but jsut teh gas alone is incredibly expensive if you are a college student trying to make ends meet and pay off a new car. If I were withint 50-75 miles though, I'd be there all the time. It's not like it's a bad thing to watch the games in person, its pretty amazing to be there where everything is happening live.

hey do u guys think that the recent good play followed by this losing streak and if the marlins dont finish the break well will turn more fans away saying that june was a fluke?

what are those?

fan- (noun)

An ardent devotee; an enthusiast. often found in New York and Boston.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[short for fanatic.]