The 2006 Florida Marlins

I, like many of us today was fuming after todays game....ever since we started winning alot and became talk of the wild card and 4th place then 3rd place and we even reached second place i kept looking at the standings and it was driving me crazy everyday now since i have hope for a playoff run, but then i sat back and thought.....we are a 15 million dollar team with 19 rookies making their debut and cough reggie abercrombie cough and young pitching staff...we're not suppose to win, we are suppose to lose 100 games and be worse then the royals, but we arent worse then the royals we arent gonna lose 100 games and we are winning good enough all we do now is win the next 2 vs nats and 2 out of 4 vs. the mets and we are 39-47 at the all star break and probaly a game behing the phils if not tied for second.....SECOND PLACE....who would have thought we would be there in may....so sit back and enjoy your marlins of 2006 making a push for .500 and wait till ur 2007 playoff marlins take the field on april 2007..... :thumbup

I, like many of us today was fuming after todays game....ever since we started winning alot and became talk of the wild card and 4th place then 3rd place and we even reached second place i kept looking at the standings and it was driving me crazy everyday now since i have hope for a playoff run, but then i sat back and thought.....we are a 15 million dollar team with 19 rookies making their debut and cough reggie abercrombie cough and young pitching staff...we're not suppose to win, we are suppose to lose 100 games and be worse then the royals, but we arent worse then the royals we arent gonna lose 100 games and we are winning good enough all we do now is win the next 2 vs nats and 2 out of 4 vs. the mets and we are 39-47 at the all star break and probaly a game behing the phils if not tied for second.....SECOND PLACE....who would have thought we would be there in may....so sit back and enjoy your marlins of 2006 making a push for .500 and wait till ur 2007 playoff marlins take the field on april 2007..... :thumbup

:notworthy :notworthy I'll take whatever we get. I will like this team just as much in 4th place as the Wild Card. 5th place, though, is not gonna cut it ;) :thumbup

funny thing is, we're not in really bad shape yet...we just lost 2 of 3 against Boston...thats really NOT that bad...then we just happened to barely lose two games to the Nats, on the road nonetheless...this stuff happens...unless we get swept by the Nats, I wouldnt panic for the longterm just yet...come on, the Mets got swept by Boston last week, and nobody is really too worried up in Flushing...

take it game by game and if all goes well, within a week we COULD be right back on track...

love the optimism.....if we lose, okay, it's one game, and we're not supposed to win come to think of it....we're supposed to lose 100 games this year. but we're doing a lot better than the royals (we weren't supposed to) and are in third place.. nuthin wrong with that when you consider this is a rebuiliding year.

love the optimism.....if we lose, okay, it's one game, and we're not supposed to win come to think of it....we're supposed to lose 100 games this year. but we're doing a lot better than the royals (we weren't supposed to) and are in third place.. nuthin wrong with that when you consider this is a rebuiliding year.

the way i see it...if the marlins were a gun, we would be a big gun, filled with many bullets, many bullets fired well last year but too many missed their targets...so we traded in many of our old bullets for newer armor piercing rounds, aimed at the hearts of the media...we started firing our new bullets and while many will fall short, many more have hit their targets...just a little different analogy for this year...my point is, this organization doesnt rebuild, we reload...we have an arsenal of pitching which i look forward to seeing and this team hasnt even begun to hit the surface of their talent...we are scary good, even if we arent all that good yet...ps...be easy on the gun analogy, its been a long boring day at work so far :whistle

the way i see it...if the marlins were a gun, we would be a big gun, filled with many bullets, many bullets fired well last year but too many missed their targets...so we traded in many of our old bullets for newer armor piercing rounds, aimed at the hearts of the media...we started firing our new bullets and while many will fall short, many more have hit their targets...just a little different analogy for this year...my point is, this organization doesnt rebuild, we reload...we have an arsenal of pitching which i look forward to seeing and this team hasnt even begun to hit the surface of their talent...we are scary good, even if we arent all that good yet...ps...be easy on the gun analogy, its been a long boring day at work so far :whistle

Great Gun Analagy we are THE MARLINS RELOADED :cool

I can't quite understand how some people felt this team was a contender for the playoffs. True they were on an incredible hot streak, but with a pitching staff off 3-4 rookie starters and 3-4 bullpen guys and 6 rookies in the everyday line-up this is a team built for tomorrow. I'm certainly enjoying this season more than I thought I would.

We are very fortunate, the NL is completly weak this year. The Mets and the Reds are only doing good because they were the only teams that actually planned this offseason. the Cardinals just sat back and were like "Did you see how our offence picked up the SP, we totally have it this year." The NL West is still weak with the acception of the Dodgers and Rox. Padres have no offence, SF has a lot of holes in the pitching and lineups, Arizona has nothing, Webb is the only one holding it up while they are expecting saves from Julio. The Na, Braves, and Phils have no SP, well actyually the braves and phils have no BP either.

Just be happy with how we are doing, we are showing up a lot of teams and held our own against the AL teams unlike a lot of the NL counter parts. :thumbup