Top 10 Worst Yankees Moments OF ALL TIME... Marlins #4

Accord

SportsCenter was doing a top 10 worst Yankees moment list and game 6 of the 2003 WS with Beckett pitching was ranked #4, only behind Maz's walkoff homerun in 1960, Gonzo's walk off hit in the 2001 WS, and game 7 of the 2004 ALCS.

Hopefully this is Marlins related enough to post in here, but if not move it to the MLB forum.

I wonder what the marlins top 10 would look like (not including firesales)?

1.) Todd Jone Blown Save on 9th inning, allowing 10 runs in the 9th blowing D-Train 8 inning win

2.) May 20 Game

3.) May 19 Game

4.) May 18 Game

5.) May 17 Game

6.) May 16 Game

7.) May 15 Game

8.) May 12 Game

9.) July 4 Game

10.) May 21 Game

It's funny how the Yankees losing in the ALCS to the Red Sox is WORSE than a walkoff home run to lose the WORLD SERIES, a walkoff hit to loser the WORLD SERIES, and being SHUT OUT to lose the WORLD SERIES.

Unless you are a Red Sox or Skankees fan, you can't really grasp the situation...

Guest Fritz

I'd say the day it was announced Huizenga got the franchise...

Agreed.

If it didn't go to Huizenga it wouldn't have gone to Miami.

Typical Huizenga haters FTL.

It's funny how the Yankees losing in the ALCS to the Red Sox is WORSE than a walkoff home run to lose the WORLD SERIES, a walkoff hit to loser the WORLD SERIES, and being SHUT OUT to lose the WORLD SERIES.

Unless you are a Red Sox or Skankees fan, you can't really grasp the situation...

No, that doesn't matter. ESPN loves to shove the Sox-Yankees rivalry in everyone's faces. Really, it is the most overhyped rivalry in sports. Most people don't care about it, and there is no way losing an ALCS is worse than losing a World Series. I don't care who it is.

Agreed.

If it didn't go to Huizenga it wouldn't have gone to Miami.

Typical Huizenga haters FTL.

This song says it all http://sounds1.neilrogers.com/sounds/bonr1995/18.mp3

I seem to recall some other groups going for it..the name Abel Holtz seems to be in my head.

And as for His Woyal Highness..he tried to buy the Heat using his brother in law as a front. Luckily the NBA was wise and blocked it...

Anybody remember the pizza place on Andrews Avenue he put out of business because it was called CLOCK BUSTER PIZZA?

No, that doesn't matter. ESPN loves to shove the Sox-Yankees rivalry in everyone's faces. Really, it is the most overhyped rivalry in sports. Most people don't care about it, and there is no way losing an ALCS is worse than losing a World Series. I don't care who it is.

Being the only team to lose a series when up 3-0, to your rival - a team that hadn't won a title in 86 years, is the most disgraceful thing to ever happen to that franchise.

Ask any Yankee fan they would have rather lost in 2001 a hundred times over then lose in the fashion they did in 2004 to who they did.

1.) Todd Jone Blown Save on 9th inning, allowing 10 runs in the 9th blowing D-Train 8 inning win

2.) May 20 Game

3.) May 19 Game

4.) May 18 Game

5.) May 17 Game

6.) May 16 Game

7.) May 15 Game

8.) May 12 Game

9.) July 4 Game

10.) May 21 Game

I would have to agree with number one. I would say the number two was in 2002 when we lost our 5th game in a row against the phillies, in four days, and went from 2 games back to 7.

My number three would probably be losing 25-8 to boston, where they scored 10 runs in the first inning.

I think the worse game was the one we lost to the Phillies last year where we had Dontrelle pitching and we went from being on top 2-0 to lose 10-2. I know y'all remember that.

I heard the news and read about it at floridamarlins.com. Like 4 errors in a row I think the Marlins made in that game. I wonder what date that game was.

Agreed.

How about the day we lost Dombrowski? The man is a genius. And he's showing it in Detroit.

He showed he was a genius by getting the hell away from Huizenga. Had Old Baldy left him alone, you would have had a contending team...one that might have even made Wayne...MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only wish the Sox had Dombrowski instead of his successor, Duquette. The Curse would have been broken a hell of a lot sooner...