An observation about centerfield.

So, I was at the game tonight and from my seats, I've got a pretty good view of Beinfest and am within shouting distance of him.

Anyway, after Reggie hit the homerun, Beinfest started acting all giddy and pulled out his cellphone and started yelling into it, all the while having this big sh*t-eating-grin on his face.

So, for those of you who want a change in center, wait longer since it seems that Beinfest is obsessed with making this work since his body language just screamed "I told you so."

While this isn't my position, it appears that Reggie will be the centerfielder for at least the duration of the season.

So, I was at the game tonight and from my seats, I've got a pretty good view of Beinfest and am within shouting distance of him.

Anyway, after Reggie hit the homerun, Beinfest started acting all giddy and pulled out his cellphone and started yelling into it, all the while having this big sh*t-eating-grin on his face.

So, for those of you who want a change in center, wait longer since it seems that Beinfest is obsessed with making this work since his body language just screamed "I told you so."

While this isn't my position, it appears that Reggie will be the centerfielder for at least the duration of the season.

Can you take picutres, like paparazzi. Give us the inside scoop!

...Anyway, after Reggie hit the homerun, Beinfest started acting all giddy and pulled out his cellphone and started yelling into it, all the while having this big sh*t-eating-grin on his face.

Lol, I saw that too, he was using Loria's box last night with his kids in tow...it's was a funny moment.

Something has to be going on. I mentioned this in some other thread. They just won't give up on the guy.

Not only is he still with the team through all of these struggles, but he is starting almost everyday...

The only plausible explanation is that Girardi and Kranitz believe he has the potential to be much, much more than what we're seeing now so they're willing to suffer through this in belief he is a star in the making.

I suspect if they thought he could only modestly improve he wouldn't be out there, or even on the roster. They're convinced there's a big upside to this experiment.

Something has to be going on. I mentioned this in some other thread. They just won't give up on the guy.

Not only is he still with the team through all of these struggles, but he is starting almost everyday...

The only plausible explanation is that Girardi and Kranitz believe he has the potential to be much, much more than what we're seeing now so they're willing to suffer through this in belief he is a star in the making.

I suspect if they thought he could only modestly improve he wouldn't be out there, or even on the roster. They're convinced there's a big upside to this experiment.

Well, to me, there's little questioning Reggie's talent, it's his ability that seems to be the problem to me.

I mean, there's no doubt he's got tools, it's just how long do you hold out hope he'll put it together...?

Well, to me, there's little questioning Reggie's talent, it's his ability that seems to be the problem to me.

I mean, there's no doubt he's got tools, it's just how long do you hold out hope he'll put it together...?

Look, I'm as baffled as anyone else, but I can't think of another reason that makes any sense.

You could put Borchard or Aguila (or I suppose Ross or Amezega or I guess even move Hermida) out there and expect at least the same or probably incrementally more production but they aren't doing that, so the only conclusion left is that they are charter members of the Reggie Abercrombie Fan Club.

Look, I'm as baffled as anyone else, but I can't think of another reason that makes any sense.

You could put Borchard or Aguila (or I suppose Ross or Amezega or I guess even move Hermida) out there and expect at least the same or probably incrementally more production but they aren't doing that, so the only conclusion left is that they are charter members of the Reggie Abercrombie Fan Club.

No, I agree with you.

My point is that hopefully Reggie either blossoms or bottoms out soon so we don't have to continue with this experiment for 2007.

There is no one the Marlins could currently put out in center that would be that much more of a difference maker. We are extremely likely not going anywhere this year. There's no reason not to give a guy with all the tools an abundance of opportunities to try to harness them. Might as well give him this whole season to see if he can get something rolling, because it really isn't hurting us.

There is no one the Marlins could currently put out in center that would be that much more of a difference maker. We are extremely likely not going anywhere this year. There's no reason not to give a guy with all the tools an abundance of opportunities to try to harness them. Might as well give him this whole season to see if he can get something rolling, because it really isn't hurting us.

The only thing I would differ on in Madman81's comments is that part of what the team (as a whole) is trying to learn this season is what winning is all about and by having someone in what is usually thought as a position from which you expect production not producing, you hamper the maturation process of the whole team.

It's a delicate balancing act and I'll defer to Girardi, but let's face it right now, most night's he's a liability in the lineup.

It does not matter if you like it or not, fact is he is the best overall performer out in center. Every team has it's weakness somewhere in the line up, we have a great line up and just because the 8th spot can be an instant out at times does not mean we will lose games. They are waiting for his tools to show, maybe because Hanley showed he was ready so quicky, they expect reggie to do the same.

It does not matter if you like it or not, fact is he is the best overall performer out in center. Every team has it's weakness somewhere in the line up, we have a great line up and just because the 8th spot can be an instant out at times does not mean we will lose games. They are waiting for his tools to show, maybe because Hanley showed he was ready so quicky, they expect reggie to do the same.

Yeah you don't expect every prospect to be a sucess but when you spot someone struggling, you gotta do something.