Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2006 Wild Card Thread

Featured Replies

guys i understand that we are angry about losing 2 games in 2 days but we can get the same thing back in 2 days as well. ohh and btw i heard cody's wife is a model

 

Alot of baseball players wife are

forget the model thing we need to gain some ground and not worry about the other teams. if we win it will take care of itself but we cannot afford to fall any farther behind. we must start gaining ground now.

6 back, I am predicting a 7-2 road trip so let's win Sunday to get things moving.

 

It's going to take something along those lines especially if we lose tomorrow. When you're on the fringe of the WC race a 3-6 stretch like the one we're currently on can be a killer. If the bad baseball goes on for a few more days the WC hopes, as small as they may be, will become a pipe dream as some have suggested

6 back, I am predicting a 7-2 road trip so let's win Sunday to get things moving.

 

7-2 might be asking too much I'm sure we will stay in WC reach (3 GB or less) until the very last day of the season.

 

 

6 back, I am predicting a 7-2 road trip so let's win Sunday to get things moving.

 

It's going to take something along those lines especially if we lose tomorrow. When you're on the fringe of the WC race a 3-6 stretch like the one we're currently on can be a killer. If the bad baseball goes on for a few more days the WC hopes, as small as they may be, will become a pipe dream as some have suggested

:hat

 

But I'm surprise not many voted yes on my latest polls. If we can't pass 83 wins, then forget winning the WC even though how weak the race is this year. I hope my poll result is because a lot of people are angry about the last 2 games. Let try to remember what it took to ge this far so try not to ack like Mutts fans over this.

The past 2 days were pretty rough.

 

We got spanked twice by a depleted Dodger team (you want to talk about a team with momentum?) They are a team with momentum.

 

Were still alive though.

 

I think we can all agree that today is a must win in terms of the WC.

 

Getting swept at home in August would be crippling.

 

I think the pitching matchup favors us today so GO GET EM FISH.

out of past 11 game we only won 4 game that not good we won 2 in phi and 2 at home vs mets now we lossing last two to game v lad not been good two blow out so if marlins want make it too wild card their need turn it fast or fall down fast and tue we start long road game trip so let see how their do than.

Making the playoffs is looking real bad right now. If the Marlins don't go 6-3 or better on this upcoming road trip, it will be over in terms of the playoffs. Getting swept by the Dodgers at home certainly does not help.

Getting swept at home will just make them angrier and hungrier for the roadtrip. Watch out Washington, Arizona and L.A. this week.

 

 

I hope. :)

we didnt lose a game on the overall lead and u know wat the didgers are bound to go cold sooner or later and trust me with the day off we will bounce back but beware of day games in washington we always blow those

Maybe its time to stop thinking wild card, maybe not... We played like dog sh*t last and a few more bad series will really stop everyone from having hope.

 

On a sidenote I am just waiting for the next person to start crying because the marlins dont get any air time on sportscenter.

Baseball Prospectus' system, which accounts for future strength of schedule, is putting us with a 4.7% chance.

 

those systems are unaccurate. They can't judge momentum which is a very important thing. I wonder what the percentage possibility was for us to win the WS in 2003 :mischief2 .

All systems have thier limitations.

 

Also I don't know what fantasy you've created in your mind, but we were in pretty good position to make the playoffs around this time in 2003. After sweeping the Phillies and Diamondbacks, we never fell more than a game and half back in the wild card for the rest of the season. For example, at the end of 8/13/03 - the only date I could find archived -, the Marlins had a 31.3% chance to the Phillies 44.3%.

Rferry....I like that percentage stat that you found, but it's irrelevant since it includes the probability of winning the division. If you can find one that is wild card specific I'd be interested.

.

.

In any case, I think our wild card hopes are over, unless we go 8-1 or sweep this road trip..

.

.

.

I originally called for a weak beginning, followed by our best play in May-July, followed by a total collapse in August-September. I don't see the total collapse anymore. Playing .500 from here on in would be a great success. If we wind up the season with 75 wins it puts us way ahead of schedule for a real playoff run in '08.

Rferry....I like that percentage stat that you found, but it's irrelevant since it includes the probability of winning the division. If you can find one that is wild card specific I'd be interested.

.

.

In any case, I think our wild card hopes are over, unless we go 8-1 or sweep this road trip..

.

.

.

I originally called for a weak beginning, followed by our best play in May-July, followed by a total collapse in August-September. I don't see the total collapse anymore. Playing .500 from here on in would be a great success. If we wind up the season with 75 wins it puts us way ahead of schedule for a real playoff run in '08.

 

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...5175&st=90#

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.