Luis Matos released by Nats...Marlins CF?

Matos was released after last nites game...He has speed and hits for power He also can play Cf. The best is that he would cost us nothing! He is a must as a late addition to this team. Matos is a true player...Send Kool Aid down to triple A to play everyday (although he is playing much better) call him back next month

How is it that Reggie at .217 is playing MUCH better? Much better than what or whom? Send him down, it hurts to see his name in the lineup.

Matos was released after last nites game...He has speed and hits for power He also can play Cf. The best is that he would cost us nothing! He is a must as a late addition to this team. Matos is a true player...Send Kool Aid down to triple A to play everyday (although he is playing much better) call him back next month

How is it that Reggie at .217 is playing MUCH better? Much better than what or whom? Send him down, it hurts to see his name in the lineup.

Reggie's play over the past few weeks, however sporadically it has been, is improved

and last night he put the ball in play all 5 times.... baby steps

Reggie's play over the past few weeks, however sporadically it has been, is improved

He just needs more starts. Borchard did pretty well also. I'd like to see that lineup from last night get a few more chances.

I don't agree. I haven't seen this improved play. His OPS hit a season high of .716 on May 18th and from there took a turn for the worst until it reached .606 on July 1st. From then until now it has stayed in the .606 to .643 range. Right now it's at .622. Last night he went 2 for 5 but also fumbled a ball, missed a cut-off man and made a poor decision on the basepaths. He has been consistently bad all season. He would be best served playing everyday in the minors.

I don't agree. I haven't seen this improved play. His OPS hit a season high of .716 on May 18th and from there took a turn for the worst until it reached .606 on July 1st. From then until now it has stayed in the .606 to .643 range. Right now it's at .622. Last night he went 2 for 5 but also fumbled a ball, missed a cut-off man and made a poor decision on the basepaths. He has been consistently bad all season. He would be best served playing everyday in the minors.

was his poor decision on the basepaths when he got thrown out trying to steal 2nd?

and this has less to do with numbers and more to do just watching at bat by at bat

I think management believes he will do much better with the MLB coaching as opposed to playing everyday in the minor leagues....not so certain about that...you get better seeing pitches, getting AB's, taking grounders and fly balls on a consistent game basis.......but I am not management....

Luis Matos career stats

BATTING STATS

Year Team G AB R H HR RBI BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG

2000 BAL 72 182 21 41 1 17 12 30 13 4 .281 .308 .225

2001 BAL 31 98 16 21 4 12 11 30 7 0 .300 .408 .214

2002 BAL 17 31 0 4 0 1 1 6 1 0 .156 .161 .129

2003 BAL 109 439 70 133 13 45 28 90 15 7 .353 .458 .303

2004 BAL 89 330 36 74 6 28 19 60 12 4 .275 .333 .224

2005 BAL 121 389 53 109 4 32 27 58 17 9 .340 .373 .280

2006 BAL-WAS 69 136 16 28 2 5 10 23 7 0 .270 .331 .206

TOTAL 508 1605 212 410 30 140 108 297 72 24 .312 .375 .255

Not Bad he hit .280 last year in 121 games