Huge series coming up

Iowa

We have Atlanta, Houston and Colorado in the rearview. Time to step it up a notch and start closing the gap and passing some teams in this wildcard chase. We need to take 3 of 4 from the Brew Crew while the other teams beat up on each other. Every series from here on out is the biggest one of the season! Lets see what our guys are made of.

No, pessimism would saying they most definantly would...I am being pragmatic.

Although...the pitching probables, last I checked...which, granted, was over a month ago...had Nolasco, D-Train, and Sanchez vs Marquis, Suppan, and Weaver(some combination of both...have to go back and check).

The fact that it IS a big series and that the wild card is still there is simply exciting-NO MATTER WHAT ENDS OF HAPPENING.Sure there are still a lot of teams ahead of us and a week ago I was accepting the probability that we had no chance, but now, most of the teams ahead of us are only one or two games ahead in the loss column. We also play a bunch of games against the fleas (phils) and arizona, so why not dream. We also have 3 against cincy the last week of the season-what if those mean anything to us? Being practical or logical is not why we follow the game.

With about 40 games left, I think it's safe to say that they are all 'huge series'.

However, getting past that 4 games under plateau would be quite a feat. So let's win 3 straight and just get over the hump already.

btw screw San Fran for giving up that late lead last night.

In each pitching matchup agianst the Brewers the Marlins have the lower ERA

And what is your point?

Lower ERA does not make one a better pitcher.

Indeed we need to pray that our offense provides enough runs for us to take 3/4 or sweep the series against the Brewers. :gofishb

But the Brewers have a much better lineup... :whistle

it should be a great series, look for many even games but the Fish have to win 3 of 4 with Cincy playing good ball.

I am actually worried about St. Louis turning their season around against us.

They are due. Their pitching is stinking up the heezie right now. But anytime you've got Fat Albert, runs can be scored at an amazing rate.

I have a good feeling about the Cards series I mean they're already down lets just kick them down some more and make sure they stay down

In each pitching matchup agianst the Brewers the Marlins have the lower ERA

And what is your point?

Lower ERA does not make one a better pitcher.

Indeed we need to pray that our offense provides enough runs for us to take 3/4 or sweep the series against the Brewers. :gofishb

But the Brewers have a much better lineup... :whistle

it should be a great series, look for many even games but the Fish have to win 3 of 4 with Cincy playing good ball.

This may sound crazy but Cincy could win their division with how they are playing right now. The Cards are the ones who need to be afraid of losing the Wild card at this point!