It's almost as if Girardi reads this message board...

AGonzalez11

Reed in center...Resop on the mound....

....team (resop) still implodes despite facing a lineup filled with waiver-wire fodder and minor leaguers.

I've said this countless times on this forum, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t no matter how much mayonnaise you put in it...

our manager doesn't suck...our bullpen does. his hands are tied... lets get that fixed for next year

Resop has pitched reasonably well before tonight

and for the record, if youre gonna bring Reed in, bring him in for Amezaga

dont take out a big bat in Willingham in a 1 run game(even though Josh wouldnt have hit anyway)

What's sad is it just shows Josh how much confidence Joe doesn't have for him defensivley that he can't keep his hot bat in the lineup in late innings. Sometimes he just overmanages way to much. I blame all these bullpen blowups on our f***ing cheap owner anyways. It's just unfair to put all the youngn's in the pen with Matt Herges and JoBo and viceversa.

Just another ghastly bullpen meltdown.

Resop looked like he was on a rollercoaster that got stuck in the upside down position.

I can only hope he is not a part of the future for the Marlins.

On the flip side, Tom Glavine was pretty nasty tonite.

Game summary: The Marlins are in a hardcore tailspin brought on by 2 crushing defeats by the Mets last week at home followed by the biggest extra innings meltdown in 15 years on Sunday.

Game

Set

Match

Resop looked like he was on a rollercoaster that got stuck in the upside down position.

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching?

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching? Ehh you can't expect logic now can you? That would be too easy.

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching?

Im not saying he's not worthy of being in the bigs.......

He has MLB stuff.

It just seems to me that he may be lacking between the ears. He doesnt exude confidence and a killer instinct.

I could be way off base here but I'm really scared if Resop is trotting out to the mound in game 5 of the NLCS and we really need to shut our opponent down.

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching? Ehh you can't expect logic now can you? That would be too easy.

Isnt there a storm brewing in the Atlantic somewhere that needs forecasting weatherboy?

Thanks for the cheapshot.

:thumbup

Isnt there a storm brewing in the Atlantic somewhere that needs forecasting weatherboy?

Thanks for the cheapshot.

:thumbup You're welcome. :thumbup

Resop is a rookie for christs sake. And he's got good stuff. If he was 29 and doing this I'd say sure, send him off. But Resop only started pitching a few years ago and hes got some real solid stuff.

Despite the focus on the bullpen (granted, an interesting topic), the offense didn't give them any help tonight at all. No matter what lineup you're up against, you can't expect to win on 2 runs. And aside from those two runs, we didn't threaten to score once. Only one other time did we have a baserunner in scoring position with less than 2 out. After the 2nd inning, we had 4 baserunners and half of those were consolation 2-out singles. We should have been hitting much better. And the fact we didn't might have helped the Mets come back in the end against the bullpen.

Reed in center...Resop on the mound....

....team (resop) still implodes despite facing a lineup filled with waiver-wire fodder and minor leaguers.

I've said this countless times on this forum, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t no matter how much mayonnaise you put in it...

our manager doesn't suck...our bullpen does. his hands are tied... lets get that fixed for next year

I agree 100% with what you are saying and have been saying it all year.

Great job, bullpen! I leave to grab something to eat (game was 2-0) and I just found out we lost the game. Wonderful. This is getting old.

It doesn't matter if we only scored 2 runs. Learn to hold a freaking lead!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.