Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It's almost as if Girardi reads this message board...

Featured Replies

Reed in center...Resop on the mound....

 

....team (resop) still implodes despite facing a lineup filled with waiver-wire fodder and minor leaguers.

 

I've said this countless times on this forum, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t no matter how much mayonnaise you put in it...

 

our manager doesn't suck...our bullpen does. his hands are tied... lets get that fixed for next year

Resop has pitched reasonably well before tonight

 

and for the record, if youre gonna bring Reed in, bring him in for Amezaga

 

dont take out a big bat in Willingham in a 1 run game(even though Josh wouldnt have hit anyway)

I've been syaing it all year and Forty4 and Admin have been all over me about it

 

CHRIS RESOP IS NOT MAJOR LEAGUE TALENT

I've been syaing it all year and Forty4 and Admin have been all over me about it

 

CHRIS RESOP IS NOT MAJOR LEAGUE TALENT

 

and you're an idiot :thumbup

From what I heard, Joe was unable to pitch tonight/didnt want to. Tank was going in for the 9th and we needed someone for the 8th. Resop seemed like a good choice but it didnt work out again.

Resop has pitched reasonably well before tonight

 

and for the record, if youre gonna bring Reed in, bring him in for Amezaga

 

dont take out a big bat in Willingham in a 1 run game(even though Josh wouldnt have hit anyway)

What's sad is it just shows Josh how much confidence Joe doesn't have for him defensivley that he can't keep his hot bat in the lineup in late innings. Sometimes he just overmanages way to much. I blame all these bullpen blowups on our f***ing cheap owner anyways. It's just unfair to put all the youngn's in the pen with Matt Herges and JoBo and viceversa.

From what I heard, Joe was unable to pitch tonight/didnt want to. Tank was going in for the 9th and we needed someone for the 8th. Resop seemed like a good choice but it didnt work out again.

 

you heard he didnt "want" to pitch?

Just another ghastly bullpen meltdown.

 

Resop looked like he was on a rollercoaster that got stuck in the upside down position.

 

 

I can only hope he is not a part of the future for the Marlins.

 

 

On the flip side, Tom Glavine was pretty nasty tonite.

 

 

Game summary: The Marlins are in a hardcore tailspin brought on by 2 crushing defeats by the Mets last week at home followed by the biggest extra innings meltdown in 15 years on Sunday.

 

 

Game

 

Set

 

Match

Resop is the one pitcher I don't trust in the 'pen. Aside from him, I think we've got a staff that can protect more than a few leads. Less than average, but not absolutly dreadful and certainly not worth the crap they get subjected with.

From what I heard, Joe was unable to pitch tonight/didnt want to. Tank was going in for the 9th and we needed someone for the 8th. Resop seemed like a good choice but it didnt work out again.

 

you heard he didnt "want" to pitch?

 

I didnt mean it in that way.

Resop looked like he was on a rollercoaster that got stuck in the upside down position.

 

 

I can only hope he is not a part of the future for the Marlins.

 

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching?

Resop looked like he was on a rollercoaster that got stuck in the upside down position.

 

 

I can only hope he is not a part of the future for the Marlins.

 

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching? Ehh you can't expect logic now can you? That would be too easy.

Resop looked like he was on a rollercoaster that got stuck in the upside down position.

 

 

I can only hope he is not a part of the future for the Marlins.

 

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching?

 

 

Im not saying he's not worthy of being in the bigs.......

 

He has MLB stuff.

 

It just seems to me that he may be lacking between the ears. He doesnt exude confidence and a killer instinct.

 

I could be way off base here but I'm really scared if Resop is trotting out to the mound in game 5 of the NLCS and we really need to shut our opponent down.

cant really go ahead and blame Resop who did what he could, Herges to me though is just another story.

 

Our downfall recently hasnt just been 1 guy its been getting the ball to Tank who does a great job to get it to JoBo. Then JoBo just gets bad luck and cant close it out.

Resop looked like he was on a rollercoaster that got stuck in the upside down position.

 

 

I can only hope he is not a part of the future for the Marlins.

 

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching? Ehh you can't expect logic now can you? That would be too easy.

 

 

 

 

 

Isnt there a storm brewing in the Atlantic somewhere that needs forecasting weatherboy?

 

 

Thanks for the cheapshot.

 

:thumbup

Resop and Herges. Sounds like a comedy act I saw tonight......except they weren't funny.

I've been syaing it all year and Forty4 and Admin have been all over me about it

 

CHRIS RESOP IS NOT MAJOR LEAGUE TALENT

 

and you're an idiot :thumbup

He's just got to get his walks down is all. They got him in trouble again tonight.

Resop looked like he was on a rollercoaster that got stuck in the upside down position.

 

 

I can only hope he is not a part of the future for the Marlins.

 

With all due respect, you're ready to cast aside a 24 year old with a real good fastball who has all of 25 innings to his name and is just in his 3rd season of pitching? Ehh you can't expect logic now can you? That would be too easy.

 

 

 

 

 

Isnt there a storm brewing in the Atlantic somewhere that needs forecasting weatherboy?

 

 

Thanks for the cheapshot.

 

:thumbup You're welcome. :thumbup

 

 

 

Resop is a rookie for christs sake. And he's got good stuff. If he was 29 and doing this I'd say sure, send him off. But Resop only started pitching a few years ago and hes got some real solid stuff.

Despite the focus on the bullpen (granted, an interesting topic), the offense didn't give them any help tonight at all. No matter what lineup you're up against, you can't expect to win on 2 runs. And aside from those two runs, we didn't threaten to score once. Only one other time did we have a baserunner in scoring position with less than 2 out. After the 2nd inning, we had 4 baserunners and half of those were consolation 2-out singles. We should have been hitting much better. And the fact we didn't might have helped the Mets come back in the end against the bullpen.

You can't score two runs in two nights and expect to win ballgames.

 

4-0, 3-2, the division champions. Prescription for failure.

Reed in center...Resop on the mound....

 

....team (resop) still implodes despite facing a lineup filled with waiver-wire fodder and minor leaguers.

 

I've said this countless times on this forum, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t no matter how much mayonnaise you put in it...

 

our manager doesn't suck...our bullpen does. his hands are tied... lets get that fixed for next year

 

 

 

 

I agree 100% with what you are saying and have been saying it all year.

Great job, bullpen! I leave to grab something to eat (game was 2-0) and I just found out we lost the game. Wonderful. This is getting old.

 

It doesn't matter if we only scored 2 runs. Learn to hold a freaking lead!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.