T.O. Hospitalized

Junior

This is a very bizarre story but regardless of what actually happened to him, there was obviously some serious medical situation and I hope he'll be OK.

Re: the police report, if TO is the only person whose statements formed the basis of that report, I'd question the credibility because if he'd just taken a bunch of painkillers I'm not sure he'd really know what he was being asked.

Well....explain to me how a person who "tried to kill themselves" whether it's true or not...is released from the hospital??? Most people say they have to stay 24 hours....

Maybe because it wasn't a suicide attempt.

That is possible, however I can't buy it for 2 reasons. Number 1 is the police report, which was pretty darn specific, and number 2 is the report of which I wish I could find the link (smoking gun maybe?) which was within 4 minutes of the call, he was being loaded into an ambulance. They clearly thought he was trying to hurt himself, although hey, maybe he was groggy and confused and saying things he didn't mean since he O.D'ed.

A police report is an account of what happened per a witness. That report is an account of what supposedly happened, not what the police think happened.

That's the difference.

I havent read the report yet Fox (I will do that now) but a police report is not necessarily an account of what happened per a witness. If responding officers met with Terrell and he advised them that he wanted to "hurt himself or others around him" then they would have no other option than to take him into custody for the SOLE PURPOSE of getting him treatment from a doctor.

This is a very bizarre story but regardless of what actually happened to him, there was obviously some serious medical situation and I hope he'll be OK.

Re: the police report, if TO is the only person whose statements formed the basis of that report, I'd question the credibility because if he'd just taken a bunch of painkillers I'm not sure he'd really know what he was being asked.

It doesnt matter what influence he was under. If he stated he wanted to harm himself, he's going to have to see a doctor per the police (in Florida this is called a Baker Act). In Florida its a minimum 72 hours of treatment.

I'm not a psychologist, nor do I pretend to be one, but if you look at the way he started the interview and the manner of diction he's using, he's clearly trying hard to get people to like him.

To me, that's not enough to shut him down (be it send him home, suspend him, whatever) but it certainly is a cause for concern.

Still, I never want to see anything bad happen to a person and it's good to see him standing talking and being seemingly OK.

Guest FishFanInPA

Dan Patrick put it well....once again....the winners of this fiasco are TO and Dr. Pepper (whose background is on the TO presser) and the losers are the media who fell for his crap once again.

Michael Smith is right--it seems like it was a miscommunication between his publicist and the police. If the report of him taking 35 pills was true, I doubt he would have been catching passes from the Dallas QB's today. Glad to see that he looks to have recovered from the allergic reaction or whatever it was that he was treated for.

Alright I have only head about 10 minutes of this, so forgive me.

I have heard he took 35 pills, is that true?

I have heard suicide attempt or a reaction? Isn't there medical evidence? Either he over dosed or he had a reaction right? Can't we find that out?

All I know is I hope he is telling the truth. I like T.O.

Well....explain to me how a person who "tried to kill themselves" whether it's true or not...is released from the hospital??? Most people say they have to stay 24 hours....

That is possible, however I can't buy it for 2 reasons. Number 1 is the police report, which was pretty darn specific, and number 2 is the report of which I wish I could find the link (smoking gun maybe?) which was within 4 minutes of the call, he was being loaded into an ambulance. They clearly thought he was trying to hurt himself, although hey, maybe he was groggy and confused and saying things he didn't mean since he O.D'ed.

A police report is an account of what happened per a witness. That report is an account of what supposedly happened, not what the police think happened.

That's the difference.

It's obviously open to interpretation, but the report says that the police themselves asked if he had tried to harm himself and he said yes. He also confirmed it was 35 pills. There was no 3rd party account involved with that portion.

Was he even in a condition to answer the question? They could have asked him if he tried to harm himself and he just oculd have said "yeah" not knowing what the question was.

per ESPN Mike & Mike in the Morning ..

Supposely TO told the police that he did try to hurt himself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

If he did that in Florida he would be spending a mandatory 72 hours in a mental health clinic

It's not illegal to attempt suicide in Texas.

I have heard suicide attempt or a reaction? Isn't there medical evidence? Either he over dosed or he had a reaction right? Can't we find that out?

He was catching passes on the sideline today and just gave the press conference and looked fine, so it appears the first part is false.

Medical records can't be released because of federal privacy laws. He says that it was a reaction to mixing supplements with pain medication and the hospital will never release his medical records to confirm or deny that.

He was catching passes on the sideline today and just gave the press conference and looked fine, so it appears the first part is false.

Medical records can't be released because of federal privacy laws. He says that it was a reaction to mixing supplements with pain medication and the hospital will never release his medical records to confirm or deny that.

Couldn't he sign something to release the medical evidence?

I mean that would take care of all the rumors.

He's a heartless p***y.

He dug his own grave will all the IDIOTIC crap he's down in the past and now he's trying to take the easy way out? What a chump. I hope he retires.

Oh STFU already.

Sorry he isn't a Bears player, maybe then you would have sympathy for a medical condition. :rolleyes:

If he was a Bears player he could take 500 pills and nothing would happen because they are invincible.

This is a sad, sad turn of events.

You guys are a freakin riot! Taking this a little too far there passion.. getting on my freakin nerves.

This is all pointless now that the story wasn't true but IF it was.. Sympathy for a medical condition? Puuhhhhleeeaaase. Even if he is diagnosed with depression, he is a person who has done nothing but promote himself and bring other people down his entire career. A person with unlimited income and physical ability. He does nothing but hurts others and NOW I'm supposed to feel sorry for him? bulls***! The guy is a cancer and everything wrong with sports, dug a hole with everybody in society, which was HIS fault and now he 'tries' to take the easy way out? No, I'm sorry.. I feel no pity for a human like him.

Call it insensitive and call his "depression" the reason for the way he has acted in the past.. whatever. The guy dug this hole and now he has to live with it and EARN back his respect.. not try and take the easy way out to have people feel sorry him.

But whatever.. this is all moot and now I get to hear about this idiot for the rest of the year.

He's a heartless p***y.

He dug his own grave will all the IDIOTIC crap he's down in the past and now he's trying to take the easy way out? What a chump. I hope he retires.

Oh STFU already.

Sorry he isn't a Bears player, maybe then you would have sympathy for a medical condition. :rolleyes:

If he was a Bears player he could take 500 pills and nothing would happen because they are invincible.

This is a sad, sad turn of events.

You guys are a freakin riot! Taking this a little too far there passion.. getting on my freakin nerves.

This is all pointless now that the story wasn't true but IF it was.. Sympathy for a medical condition? Puuhhhhleeeaaase. Even if he is diagnosed with depression, he is a person who has done nothing but promote himself and bring other people down his entire career. A person with unlimited income and physical ability. He does nothing but hurts others and NOW I'm supposed to feel sorry for him? bulls***! The guy is a cancer and everything wrong with sports, dug a hole with everybody in society, which was HIS fault and now he 'tries' to take the easy way out? No, I'm sorry.. I feel no pity for a human like him.

Call it insensitive and call his "depression" the reason for the way he has acted in the past.. whatever. The guy dug this hole and now he has to live with it and EARN back his respect.. not try and take the easy way out to have people feel sorry him.

But whatever.. this is all moot and now I get to hear about this idiot for the rest of the year.

Dude depression IS AN ILLNESS. It would explain alot of things.

Alright so they did ask him if he tried to harm himself and all he said was "Yes".

So if he was indeed out of it, he could have just said yes to whatever they asked him.

That's the difference.

It's obviously open to interpretation, but the report says that the police themselves asked if he had tried to harm himself and he said yes. He also confirmed it was 35 pills. There was no 3rd party account involved with that portion.

Was he even in a condition to answer the question? They could have asked him if he tried to harm himself and he just oculd have said "yeah" not knowing what the question was.

per ESPN Mike & Mike in the Morning ..

Supposely TO told the police that he did try to hurt himself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

If he did that in Florida he would be spending a mandatory 72 hours in a mental health clinic

It's not illegal to attempt suicide in Texas.

:lol

Its not illegal in Florida to attempt suicide either.

But you still have get evaluated at a mental health clinic.