Miguel Cabrera gets boo's at todays game

TPJI328

So i went to the game today to see the marlins play the Astros and when miguel cabrera got up to the plate all the fans on the third base line would boo him. when cabrera got out everyone would stand up and cheer.

is Miguel not welcomed anymore? why were there boo's

Nope. No way those were Astros fans. They were Marlins fans. AND that small sample size has somehow come to represent our entire fanbase. Just trust me on this one. So, what I am suggesting is that we trade him like yesterday to the Rockies for Clint Barmes and Juan Uribe. Whether Uribe is on the Rockies or not is irrelevant.

amiriteguys?

it was astro fans..I was there.

I wasn't there but that sounds very UN-Astro fan-ish. And what would they be doing on the 3rd base side anyways? That would be just wanting to cause trouble. Now if it were the Mets or Phillies I would understand it.

Could it be that whole Chavez thing? I don't know, just throwing possibilities out there. I remember once at DS, they showed an ad for Citgo on the jumbotrons and people booed.

Politics in sports. To quote a very famous man... "Bah. Humbug."

I wasn't there but that sounds very UN-Astro fan-ish. And what would they be doing on the 3rd base side anyways? That would be just wanting to cause trouble. Now if it were the Mets or Phillies I would understand it.

alcohol

Could it be that whole Chavez thing? I don't know, just throwing possibilities out there. I remember once at DS, they showed an ad for Citgo on the jumbotrons and people booed.

Politics in sports. To quote a very famous man... "Bah. Humbug."

maybe the majority was marlins fans. but the astro fans behind me were booing. I looked around to see who was booing and a bunch of guys with astro jerseys were standing up and booing.

alcohol

exactly what I was thinking...maybe not all of them , but some

It had to be fans of the Astros. Cabrera has never given Marlins fans anything to boo about. I have no problem at all with him not showing up at FanFest and I'm glad he won in arbitration because he deserved to beat our cheap front office. The Phillies showed the correct way to treat a young star when they gave Ryan Howard a huge raise that they didn't have too and he will remember that just like Cabrera will remember how the Marlins front office treated him when he's elgible to be a free agent.

For more on the Marlins, check this site out. http://www.marlinslocker.com/