Lily Allen

MiRi

I like her album plenty, but I have to say the songs sound a lot better live. I wasn't really aware of the difference until after the show when I got back in my car and listened to the CD. Something about the album feels very confined to the studio, especially the drumming, which sounds canned to me, but performed live, the songs have much more room to breathe. It was a very good show. And probably the most enthusiastic crowd I've seen in South Florida. She said it was the best crowd she's had in America, though maybe she says that everywhere. Either way, I had no idea she was that popular, or that her fanbase was that crazy about her.

Pretty much all of Alright, Still, plus Nan You're A Window Shopper, which I don't think is technically on that album. She did an acoustic cover of Keane's Everybody's Changing, which then segued into something I wasn't familiar with, but I'm pretty sure it was "Naive" by the Kooks (whoever that is).

And the first song of her encore was a cover of Blondie's "Heart of Glass", which was excellent.