July 1, 200719 yr he was sent to AAA......he did a nice job and i look for him to come back up and contribute to next years team
July 2, 200719 yr Ah, gonna miss Brett. He had some bad at bats but he always had a lot of hustle in the outfield.
July 2, 200719 yr I'm sure he'll be back right after the All-Star break, Showing heart and hustle pays off. He reminds me of Eric Owens, man that was one bad ass mofo.
July 2, 200719 yr Ah, gonna miss Brett. He had some bad at bats but he always had a lot of hustle in the outfield. That really sums it up, he did good out in the field, but he had some crappy AB's. Hopefully he'll be ready to contribute offensively next year.
July 2, 200719 yr Looks like Nate Field could get the callup. Or some reliever. http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...MLB&id=4821
July 2, 200719 yr Any chance Carlos Martinez is ready yet? he should be back by the second half last time i checked.
July 2, 200719 yr He looked overmatched against MLB pitchers but very smooth in the field, well sort of. Either way I hope he can contribute next year even as a 4th outfielder.
July 2, 200719 yr I'm sure he'll be back right after the All-Star break, Showing heart and hustle pays off. He reminds me of Eric Owens, man that was one bad ass mofo. I used to love that guy. I met him in '03 when he came to DS with the Angels..nice guy.
July 2, 200719 yr I read in the paper that the only reason Brett was sent down was add an extra arm in the pen because they have been over worked. Fredi said he will be back very soon.
July 2, 200719 yr Reading this thread one would think Carroll played well. That's nonsense. He couldn't hit, he misplayed a few balls and had a baserunning blunder one of the times he came in to PR. Let's get real. I guess maybe he gets bonus points for staring down the opposing closer after he K'd to make the last out?
July 2, 200719 yr Reading this thread one would think Carroll played well. That's nonsense. He couldn't hit, he misplayed a few balls and had a baserunning blunder one of the times he came in to PR. Let's get real. I guess maybe he gets bonus points for staring down the opposing closer after he K'd to make the last out? If there's one thing he didn't do, he didn't misplay any balls. He's a totally capable 8-hole hitter on a terrible defensive team. I'd let him start, but then again, I don't like Amezaga as an outfielder, or a starter.
July 2, 200719 yr Too bad I like the guy he gives the team hustle and he is a far better glove than Amezaga...hope he is brought back soon
July 2, 200719 yr Reading this thread one would think Carroll played well. That's nonsense. He couldn't hit, he misplayed a few balls and had a baserunning blunder one of the times he came in to PR. Let's get real. I guess maybe he gets bonus points for staring down the opposing closer after he K'd to make the last out? If there's one thing he didn't do, he didn't misplay any balls. He's a totally capable 8-hole hitter on a terrible defensive team. I'd let him start, but then again, I don't like Amezaga as an outfielder, or a starter. He didn't get good jumps a few times, he Reggied a throw, he kicked a ball and he misplayed a double into a triple. In his limited playing time he stunk but with that said I would like to see him play every day for a couple of weeks to see what, if anything, he can do.
July 2, 200719 yr Reading this thread one would think Carroll played well. That's nonsense. He couldn't hit, he misplayed a few balls and had a baserunning blunder one of the times he came in to PR. Let's get real. I guess maybe he gets bonus points for staring down the opposing closer after he K'd to make the last out? If there's one thing he didn't do, he didn't misplay any balls. He's a totally capable 8-hole hitter on a terrible defensive team. I'd let him start, but then again, I don't like Amezaga as an outfielder, or a starter. He didn't get good jumps a few times, he Reggied a throw, he kicked a ball and he misplayed a double into a triple. In his limited playing time he stunk but with that said I would like to see him play every day for a couple of weeks to see what, if anything, he can do. He got better every time he started.
July 2, 200719 yr Reading this thread one would think Carroll played well. That's nonsense. He couldn't hit, he misplayed a few balls and had a baserunning blunder one of the times he came in to PR. Let's get real. I guess maybe he gets bonus points for staring down the opposing closer after he K'd to make the last out? If there's one thing he didn't do, he didn't misplay any balls. He's a totally capable 8-hole hitter on a terrible defensive team. I'd let him start, but then again, I don't like Amezaga as an outfielder, or a starter. He didn't get good jumps a few times, he Reggied a throw, he kicked a ball and he misplayed a double into a triple. In his limited playing time he stunk but with that said I would like to see him play every day for a couple of weeks to see what, if anything, he can do. He got what, like 7 starts in 2 + weeks? What would you like him to do in his first week in the bigs? Hit for the cycle? Have a 7 hit game? Hit 5 homers in one game? The guy's not meant to be a 3-4-5 hitter. His glove and arm are so good that a team like us should seriously carry him as the full time 8-hole hitter, not a platoon player thrown in there because our annointed starter cannot hit lefthanders thus mandating his being benched. Carroll wasn't given a fair shake and I can't say I was disappointed or underwhelmed by anything I saw from him...then again, my expectations were in check, I guess if you don't do a Miggy 2003 debut, you're a failure.
July 2, 200719 yr Reading this thread one would think Carroll played well. That's nonsense. He couldn't hit, he misplayed a few balls and had a baserunning blunder one of the times he came in to PR. Let's get real. I guess maybe he gets bonus points for staring down the opposing closer after he K'd to make the last out? If there's one thing he didn't do, he didn't misplay any balls. He's a totally capable 8-hole hitter on a terrible defensive team. I'd let him start, but then again, I don't like Amezaga as an outfielder, or a starter. He didn't get good jumps a few times, he Reggied a throw, he kicked a ball and he misplayed a double into a triple. In his limited playing time he stunk but with that said I would like to see him play every day for a couple of weeks to see what, if anything, he can do. He got better every time he started. Im not so sure thats true. People said that again and again after pretty much every one of his starts, but I didnt see it. He played well for the most part in the field. But it was just Saturday when we lost 12-3 and he struckout his first 3 times and then got a hit in the 9th when it was long over and I got back from the game and saw some people had mentioned that he continues to look better every game. I mean, 1-4 moved his average up but he certainly didnt look any better that day. I like the way he plays but he is certainly not the answer and I think some people are just tricking themsleves with false hope that he may be some sort of quick fix.
July 2, 200719 yr To me, it's not what he did, but how he looked. Yeah he struck out a lot, but they were "ok" strikeouts. He actually took pitches and didn't swing at god-awful pitches. And when he hit the ball, he hit it well. I would love for him to get twoish weeks of starting just to see what he could do.
July 2, 200719 yr Carroll wasn't given a fair shake and I can't say I was disappointed or underwhelmed by anything I saw from him...then again, my expectations were in check, I guess if you don't do a Miggy 2003 debut, you're a failure. That's ridiculous and that's not my position but the fact is when he played he played like crap but if you're into the kool aid and are willing to swallow the nonsense that he played well go ahead and swallow it. The quality of his play was somewhere between Reggie and Reed.
July 3, 200719 yr Carroll wasn't given a fair shake and I can't say I was disappointed or underwhelmed by anything I saw from him...then again, my expectations were in check, I guess if you don't do a Miggy 2003 debut, you're a failure. That's ridiculous and that's not my position but the fact is when he played he played like crap but if you're into the kool aid and are willing to swallow the nonsense that he played well go ahead and swallow it. The quality of his play was somewhere between Reggie and Reed. Good lord. 30 AB's and you're ready to call him crap. You, good sir, are what makes me a self-loathing Marlins fan. It's impossible to constructively discuss this team. If you're not hitting .400 and slugging .900, you're garbage.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.