ESPN Ranks the 100 World Series

well they can take those $10 beers and sit OUTSIDE the stadium because the little bears are hibernating for the winter...

Nah, they will just go to the bars now and pay even more, like $15 dollars, for a beer lol. Drinking is such an expensive habit in Wrigleyville.

rich bastards... i read that the guy who knocked the ball from Alou is a Notre Dame grad. that place is not cheep...

They called Wrigleyville a "blue collar neighborhood" on ESPN yesterday. That's total bs...they all are loaded there. Most Cub fans are rich snobs, and that's why their fan base is for the most part so ignorant IMO.

most history books claim there was about a 3 year dry spot after the "black sox" and that seems to line up perfectly with the Babe destroying records...

I did a report on the black sox last year, and that statement is accurate. It took a few years, but the Bambino came around and bam, baseball was the in thing again.

HBO had an incredible special on the curse of the bambino. if you dislike the red sox this is a show to watch... i laughed alot :lol

Bucky F'n Dent

Hehehe I saw that. Those Red Sox fans have REALLY been tortured. The cubs have only had 3 major collapes ('69, '84, '03) with only being a relative term lol. The Red Sox have had so many, I can't name them all.

well they can take those $10 beers and sit OUTSIDE the stadium because the little bears are hibernating for the winter...

remember that marlins commercial of the Cubs?

Small cuddly creature that hibernates well before October. dont forget the part about liking cork. small cuddly creatures who like cork.... hehehehe i love that comercial. best of all of them. next come the one about the Mets' mascot. i have been making fun of that stupid giant baseball head thing for years.

Guest marlins02

its too far back for flub fans, they dont care about history they are too busy getting drunk on $8 beers.

if i was paying $8 for a beer you best believe im going to be getting drunk to soften the pain

Guest marlins02

games 3 and 5 were crazy. game 3 in particular sticks out in my mind. we were down 7 to something, tied it up. blew up for 7 in the 9th and then the Indians made a run in the bottom of the 9th and closed it to 14-11. the final out was recorded with men on base. game 5 was also a great game. but a lot of people say that those werent well played which i guess takes away from its ranking

but that game 7 was really the only drama filled game.....

if i recall.

Game 3 was a good game, as was Game 5. Game 1 score wise was a closer game than it really was, we controlled that one the whole time. The losses for us weren't pretty. And then there is Game 7. I think if they made a list for 100 best games in World Series history, that would probably make their top 20 and should be in the top 10 (but with the media, you never know).