Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tropical Storm Chantal is alive!

Featured Replies

It isn't really summer until one of these topics pops up.

Take THAT extreme parts of eastern Canada!

Are we actually going to have a busy hurricane season, or not? The news says we will every year....even though that's not always the case. I'm hoping to will be busy, because that means money for me. I'm working with a carpet cleaning company.....we do all the hotels and stuff. Apparently, with the water damage jobs I could make over a thousand bucks a day...pretty good for a 16 year old

Are we actually going to have a busy hurricane season, or not? The news says we will every year....even though that's not always the case. I'm hoping to will be busy, because that means money for me. I'm working with a carpet cleaning company.....we do all the hotels and stuff. Apparently, with the water damage jobs I could make over a thousand bucks a day...pretty good for a 16 year old

 

Your probably better off listening to the news (and/or NHC) rather than asking a marlins board, just my opinion... :mis2

And after all, its just predictions .. so they could say busy and "15 storms!" and nothing occurs. Its a crapshoot, throw the dice and thats how many storms we'll get.

I hope none. Insurance is insane and as it starts dropping finally this year i'd like for it to stay low. So I hope no storms for a while please. (Maybe a Tropical storm with good surf but that's it).

 

Weeeee I want to miss school. My roof was blown off, and my insurance company dropped me...but at least I missed 5 days of school. :|

Im hoping so. I wanna miss school.

:lol

 

 

Do you want insurance rates to go up so much that we all live in boxes? Because its getting to that point.

Are we actually going to have a busy hurricane season, or not? The news says we will every year....even though that's not always the case. I'm hoping to will be busy, because that means money for me. I'm working with a carpet cleaning company.....we do all the hotels and stuff. Apparently, with the water damage jobs I could make over a thousand bucks a day...pretty good for a 16 year old

 

You have to remember that Andrew was the first named storm of 1992.

Im hoping so. I wanna miss school.

:lol

 

 

Do you want insurance rates to go up so much that we all live in boxes? Because its getting to that point.

Dont even bother reasoning with him

Im hoping so. I wanna miss school.

:lol

 

 

Do you want insurance rates to go up so much that we all live in boxes? Because its getting to that point.

Dont even bother reasoning with him

 

Sometimes, its better to try and say you did then to not..I've done my public service for the moment. :|

Im hoping so. I wanna miss school.

:lol

 

 

Do you want insurance rates to go up so much that we all live in boxes? Because its getting to that point.

Dont even bother reasoning with him

 

Sometimes, its better to try and say you did then to not..I've done my public service for the moment. :|

He really wouldn't understand because he said he was 12 years old in a different thread. I dont even understand the monetary consequences of a Hurricane. I think thats a problem with kids today. They don't see hurricanes as a disaster that costs tons of money to their parents. They see hurricanes as a day off from school where they can play even more video games.

They see hurricanes as a day off from school where they can play even more video games.

With no power :thumbup

They see hurricanes as a day off from school where they can play even more video games.

With no power :thumbup

Not every hurricane knocks out the power and all of Weston has underground power lines so the power never goes out for longer than a couple of minutes. Parents definitely run tvs and video games off their generators so the kids wouldn't bother them.

Any hurricane causes a disruption to the community.

 

As for missing school- silly people- any more than 3 days out and the Legislature can make you make them up. Don't you remember Andrew? We were out for the first 10 days of school and there wasn't a teacher workday that entire year.

 

In the past few years, days have been made up as well. Pay now or pay later.....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.