Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the best comissioner in the 4 Major Sports?

Featured Replies

In my opinion, its Roger Goodell. In my opinion, you need a tough comissioner. I will change my mind if he does not suspend Vick for at least 1 full season. Second, I think is David Stern. He wouldve been first, but because of the referee scandal, hes my second. At third, its Bettman, just because Selig sucks. Bettman should get the NHL a better TV deal and he would be higher in the list. Last, its Selig. You cant own a team and be the comissioner. Its unfair in my opinion. Has he ever set a fine to a player on his own team? Also, not to show up for Bonds' day is unexcusable. At least, he couldve done like Hank and send a tape.

Funny how relative of a term 'best' can be.

I think the best is Jesus Christ, Commissioner of B.A.S.S. (Bass Angler Sportsmen's Society)

In other words...they all suck.

Why the hate for the commissioners?

 

I dont think NHL is a top 4 sport anymore. Nascar is by far and away the bigger sport.

 

If I had to choose it would be Stern. If Tagliabue was still commish I wouldve chosen him but Stern is still a heck of a commish.

In other words...they all suck.

Why the hate for the commissioners?

 

I dont think NHL is a top 4 sport anymore. Nascar is by far and away the bigger sport.

 

If I had to choose it would be Stern. If Tagliabue was still commish I wouldve chosen him but Stern is still a heck of a commish.

 

I wouldn't choose any of them quite frankly. Stern under his watch has slowly watch the NBA lose ratings which is something people complain about Gary Bettman as well. Just figures that Bettman was Stern's "prodigal son." Goodell hasn't been commisioner long enough to give fair rating to and Selig is, well, Selig. In addition, under Stern, the NBA has had a serious point-shaving scandal with who knows how many tentacles in the game.

 

 

Not hating on the respective sports, but I think all the commisioners are crappy.

used to be paul tagliabue, nfl, maybe the best commish ever. goodell can't be called the best yet and it certainly aint selig or bettman: -> stern.

I can't possibly see how I can vote for Stern. You cease being a good comissioner when under your watch the game has sunk to new lows in popularity. He stinks at marketing this game and instead of trying to improve the play lets reverse the ratings by making everyone wear suits.

 

I agree with Beinfest, no one is good enough to get a vote, but if I had to I'd vote Selig. He's done some things that are terrible and I'm not calling what he's done a good job but he gave us the wildcard and at least under his watch the game has grown.

stern kinda creeps me out. the cable deal and some other things make me say that he isn't doing too great of a job. he's more like judge and jury for the sport.

 

goodell is really cracking down on the sport, i think he's doing a good job now, but it's too early.

 

bettman sucks, nhl is getting to be a niche sport in america.

 

bud, blah.

 

i would either say bud or goodell, advantage to roger for now.

Among a choice of people who suck, I go with the man who has had the opportunity to suck the least. Goodell FTW.

I agree that Stern is overrated, but for other reasons. His CBA really clamped down on players salaries. But it also cripples teams. Some teams have broken through this with great management, like the Mavs and Spurs. But Stern doesn't realize how much of a crapshoot talent evaluation is in this league. I think he should find ways to make things more flexible instead of constantly punishing teams. Keep the luxury tax and salary cap, but don't make it so that trades have to match in every single occasion.

Is NHL still consider a major sport? I'm by no means fan of MLS but I think MLS is slowly taking over NHL spot...

Among a choice of people who suck, I go with the man who has had the opportunity to suck the least. Goodell FTW.

Pretty much my logic. A little more strongly worded but in line with how I voted. I wish I could like Bud Selig - he has done some very good things and has helped baseball almost keep pace with the popularity of football - but he is such a bafoon. The steroid scandal asside, all you have to do is look at the TIE in the ASG to see his true ineptitude. It makes you wonder who the monkies are behind the scenes that are steering him in the right direction...

 

I can't vote for Stern because basketball is practically unwatchable and has been for quite some time. They haven't found a way to make up for the loss of Jordan, plain and simple. The officiating debacle just highlights a fruitless career.

 

Don't even get me started on hockey. I agree with Linus - I honestly believe that the NHL's days are numbered. Crosby can't single handedly save the sport. They are going to be passed by NASCAR in a big way [if they haven't already] and that really bothers me. I would almost rather watch team dodgeball on The Ocho.

  • Author

Is NHL still consider a major sport? I'm by no means fan of MLS but I think MLS is slowly taking over NHL spot...

 

 

You mean that David Beckham is slowly taking over NHL spot

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.