Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This really pisses me off

Featured Replies

It has an impact, just like the lip of the infield is dangerous for foot-ball players and the football divits are dangerous for our fielders (just ask Damion Easley).

 

But, if a football team is so mediocre that field-goals are the end all be all for their success, you might want to look in the mirror before looking at the field.

No, they have a point, they lose the games after the baseball season is over because they are just THINKING about the dirt. That's what it is, not the weak play.

The Marlins cost us games for years because of the stupid dirt.I hate the Marlins.If they could just play in some other stadium like a college 1 it would be all better.Just get out of our house.Now the Canes are in our house too.

And there gonna change are name.This is Dolphins stadium,not the Marlins,or Hurricanes.They need to know this is our house.We should put grass in on the days we know that stupid dirt is there.

I really think that we as fans should have the final say to what our house should be called.I like that we have are name and not some stupid name like

all the other corporate names around the leauge.Maybe we all can petition to keep it a Dolphin friendly name.As for the dirt.I cant wait till they are gone and we wont have to lose that 1 game we could have won and miss the playoffs cause the dumb Marlins-they are the fish.

2002 WAS THAT YEAR AND I CANT STAND IT.

 

 

We now have 3 teams playing there .GREAT.Sloppy field and we have to deal with it.

 

 

 

I hope and pray we get to keep it Dolphins stadium.

Are stadium kicks ***.Thats why its called Dolphins.

 

 

 

GO DOLPHINS....#1

First off, it's Dolphin Stadium. Not Dolphins.

 

Dolphin Stadium is the name Joe Robbie himself picked for the stadium. And while it is "your house", whatever the hell that means, there is a reason the Marlins are there. I know, by your vast knowledge of the Stadium's name, that you know the history of Dolphin Stadium and that you realize that it was purposely designed with Football, Baseball, and Soccer in mind, which is why the front row seats are so far away from the field. Joe Robbie built it with the possibility of a Miami MLB team in mind, making sure a Diamond would be able to fit in the confines of the stadium.

 

Outside that, the Fins lose due to bad play, not because of dirt that affect both teams.

 

Oh yeah, and Miami Dolphins #1.I left a reply on their forum.

Oh, whatever. The Dolphins have trouble even without the infield dirt. I am sure that is a problem, but you can't blame JUST that.

ROFL, what a lame excuse. The dolphins should be worried about getting a QB then blaming the Marlins for the dirt.

It's not the Fins making the excuses, it's dumb fans (we all have dumb fans, right marlinz_fan?) making the retarded excuse.

so 1 game = 4 years of sucking and it is all the marlins fault?

 

Not the fact that we cant draft worth crap?

 

Not the fact that our o-line has more holes then swiss cheese?

 

Not the fact that we havent had a stable QB situation since Danny?

 

Not the fact that poor coaching has been our only addition since Jimmy Ran out Shula?

 

Not the fact that we have been an organization living upon past accomplishments with empty promises?

 

 

 

Yeah it is the infield, not the simple fact that we have Wasted the past 5 years of a Hall of fame type player in Jason Taylor

 

Yes it is the infield dirt and the marlins fault that they have played more Important Games and won More important Games in Joe Robbie Stadium ( I refuse to call it by whatever name wayne wants to use) then the Dolphins have for the past decade now.

 

 

Yes it is totally the marlins fault that our record in December for the past decade has been something you would expect from Arizona Cards not the fins

 

Yes totally the marlins fault for the highest winning percentage team in the history of professional north american sports to fall to the debts that it has fallen.

 

 

My family has been dolphins season ticket holders since the 70s. In the orange bowl when it thundered, through the great moments like AJ Duhue, to the horrible moments like Sammy "No god dang hands" Smith fumbling after being a great pick. To moments that honestly touched my heart, like watching Danny for the last time playing and leaving the field and knowing I would never in my lifetime see such perfection throwing the football.

 

But dont blame the marlins for our mistakes. Dont blame the Fish for actually winning championships something we havent done for 35 years now. Blame the individuals that have made the decisions, support those that will make it better.

 

 

And if you want the marlins out of Joe Robbie Stadium call you Dade county elected officials and Complain that they need their own stadium downtown Somewhere. Tell them that as a voter you want to see it happen. Then the Marlins win, the Dolphins win and even the Canes win.

 

 

 

 

my post, honestly that website has some very intelligent fans. But like anywhere you can find some that are totally homerism to the extreme and idiots. No different then Jets, Yankees, Mets, Marlins, Heat, Panthers, etc etc etc Every type of fan can be like that.

 

 

But getting pissed off is silly, although it is dangerous for playing football on to be completely honest.

It's a lame excuse. I've been to FAU games at DS when they've had the dirt down, and plenty of college kickers have made field goals off of it without complaining. Can it be a problem? Sure. Does it lose you games? Not really. I watch every Fins game and I can't recall one time that they've lost that it was because of the dirt. What the Dolphins fans on that board fail to realize is that the Marlins don't want to be playing there any more than they don't want them there. Once we finally get a stadium deal done, everyone wil be happy.

Those are their fans.

I lost my old Doakle login over there but I left a post there under the username Daben instead. The whole subject matter tends to get me a little upset, mainly due to the colossal ignorance shown by Dolphin fans who can't figure out that Wayne H is the reason the dirt infield is there. What I don't get is how they also let the Dolphins frankly steal money from them each year in prices and believe that the Dolphins really are trying to win at all costs. I'm a dolphin fan too, and while I do believe the organization is trying to win, the idea that Wayne H and Co aren't trying to bleed every single cent out of their fanbase they can is ludicrous.

It has an impact, just like the lip of the infield is dangerous for foot-ball players and the football divits are dangerous for our fielders (just ask Damion Easley).

 

But, if a football team is so mediocre that field-goals are the end all be all for their success, you might want to look in the mirror before looking at the field.

thats the difference between the pats being a 3 time champ versus the usual after-thought they always were...

If I ever saw that DJ Valein guy I'd kick ass. Who the hell is he to rag on our sport? Sorry for him OUR players aren't neanderthals like in football. Baseball RULES, Marlins RULE, Dolphins SUCK!!!

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the Canes start complaining about the dirt.

 

 

It won't be there long enough for the Canes to bitch. They're going to cover it up within the next year or 2.

I wanna preface this by making you guys aware I have hated the Freakin Dolphins from the early Dan Marino days but posting like these from Dolfans validate my feelins of absolute hatred towards the Fins more and more. The biggest whiners in the NFL are the these Dolfans! Do the Dophins have their opponents play on a different field now? I hate the Team I hate their broadcasters I hate their Owner As a group I hate their whiny, cry-baby fans

not trying to defend the dolphins but playing on a dirt field sucks when your playing football...

were i played my pee-wee football one end had a baseball field on it and everyone complained about it....

sucks to kick field goals and sucks on the line then your slipping and slideing because of it...

also it been known to cause injuries...

 

but for now the dolphins and canes will have to live with it...

and remember the canes players are really gonna complain about it cause of the risk of injury, there college players and thats the last thing they wanna hear... i just hope the Marlins get there stadium so we wont have to hear about it anymore...

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the Canes start complaining about the dirt.

there gonna complain about it the second they step foot on it...

I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the Canes start complaining about the dirt.

 

 

It won't be there long enough for the Canes to bitch. They're going to cover it up within the next year or 2.

You know Canes fans. Its only gonna take one missed kick on the dirt or one injury caused by the dirt for them to start bitching.

i have a question, and i'm a casual dolphins fan, i root for them but obviously the marlins are my baby...

 

but in the past 10-15 years, even when the dolphins have been 'good', hasn't it been their inability to win games in november and december that cost them their season?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.