Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do things change if.....

Featured Replies

How does the Cabrera situation change if A-Rod stays w/ the Yanks? Does it make him more valuable or do you think nothing changes?

makes him more valuable, if anything

  • Author

How does the Cabrera situation change if A-Rod stays w/ the Yanks? Does it make him more valuable or do you think nothing changes?

makes him more valuable, if anything

 

I agree. But was anyone truly serious about signing A-Rod anyway? It may make the Angels a little more serious about trading for Cabs since ARod is not longer an option.

The best thing possible is to have San Fran sign A-Rod. Then, have Lowell go to some team not named Dodgers, Angels, Yanks, or Red Sox. Then, have a bidding war between these teams for Cabs, which is then escalated when the Yanks get desperate, which allows us to fleece either the Red Sox or Dodgers.

The best thing possible is to have San Fran sign A-Rod. Then, have Lowell go to some team not named Dodgers, Angels, Yanks, or Red Sox. Then, have a bidding war between these teams for Cabs, which is then escalated when the Yanks get desperate, which allows us to fleece either the Red Sox or Dodgers.

 

I'm thinking the other way. It may be best for ARod to keep talks open with the Yanks until a deal is done with Miggy and one of the LA teams. Then send his agent in to talk with the other team. And according to the Marlins web site a deal may be done by Thanksgiving for Miggy. That's not much time for ARod to play kissy-kissy without having to actually sign anything.

We don't have the inside information. I would think Bora$$ does. The Yankess won't talk to him personally. ARod is doing the talking and saying all the right things to the media and a guy that publicly bashed him and said he wasn't welcome there. Ploy??? I'm not much into conspiracy theories but this sure sounds like a Bora$$ type deal in the works to me.

The best thing possible is to have San Fran sign A-Rod. Then, have Lowell go to some team not named Dodgers, Angels, Yanks, or Red Sox. Then, have a bidding war between these teams for Cabs, which is then escalated when the Yanks get desperate, which allows us to fleece either the Red Sox or Dodgers.

 

I'm thinking the other way. It may be best for ARod to keep talks open with the Yanks until a deal is done with Miggy and one of the LA teams. Then send his agent in to talk with the other team. And according to the Marlins web site a deal may be done by Thanksgiving for Miggy. That's not much time for ARod to play kissy-kissy without having to actually sign anything.

We don't have the inside information. I would think Bora$$ does. The Yankess won't talk to him personally. ARod is doing the talking and saying all the right things to the media and a guy that publicly bashed him and said he wasn't welcome there. Ploy??? I'm not much into conspiracy theories but this sure sounds like a Bora$$ type deal in the works to me.

 

 

Your conspiracy theory argument is only made stronger by the fact that you are posting this message at 5:54 am. I'm not busting on you...I just have this image of Mel Gibson holed up in his apartment.

This ups the Marlins trading position incedibly

 

why? ... he was bound to go to a team eventually, this would just take him out of the market.

I wouldnt mind if Arod and Lowell signed in NYY. The yankees said they would be interested in him at first base.

 

That would leave all the other teams without an option at 3rd and hopefully get them into a bidding war.

I wouldnt mind if Arod and Lowell signed in NYY. The yankees said they would be interested in him at first base.

 

That would leave all the other teams without an option at 3rd and hopefully get them into a bidding war.

 

Why would Mike Lowell sign with the Yankees as a 1B? A big part of his value is that he is a solid defensive 3B. On top of that, Lowell's numbers have been helped out a lot by the friendly dimensions at Fenway. He has been a doubles machine because of that ballpark. Yankee Stadium is not ideal for Mike Lowell. His numbers would take a hit and his value as a defensive player would diminish. Why sign a guy like Lowell to a big contract at 1B when there are other cheap options at 1B who can produce decent numbers. If Lowell doesn't sign with Boston, the only other team I could seriously see him playing for is Philly, but they don't have much left to spend and have stated they need pitching above any sort of position player. Look for Lowell to stay in Boston. The other teams who were rumored to be in the Lowell race were the Braves (ridiculous rumor) and the Cardinals. The Cards have denied interest and I don't believe they would be interested anyway.

 

Miguel Cabrera's market is the LA teams. The Tigers have some nice pieces to move but the question is, will they (probably not since they already made one pretty big move this offseason). The Giants have Lincecum and Cain, and not much more beyond that worthy of Cabrera. It's between the LA teams. Hopefully the Dodgers do offer the 4 players the Marlins would be asking for (Kemp, Loney, Billingsly, Meloan). Otherwise a Kendrick, Mathis, Adenhart, Santana or Saunders deal has been talked about as the asking price from the Angels.

 

The Yankees weren't a true option I believe because they are unwilling to relent Joba, Ian or Phil for a position player. Peavy or Santana would be the only guys they would surrender one of their young guns for. The Sox were most likely unwilling to deal Ellsbury or Clay after their debuts this year. I believe Lowell will stay with the Sox, and A-Rod is clearly returning to the Yanks. So, I don't think these moves will afftect Miguel's market too much, except for the fact that it may heat up the LA battle for him. Other teams may just decide to explore options like Crede, Rolen or maybe Glaus and Blalock.

supposedly the yankees want him for 1st base

 

if that happens it is an epic win for the fish as everyone will want miggy

supposedly the yankees want him for 1st base

 

if that happens it is an epic win for the fish as everyone will want miggy

 

 

When we make our deal, we can decide what an epic win is. I wouldnt call Mike Lowell signing an epic win for the Fish

supposedly the yankees want him for 1st base

 

if that happens it is an epic win for the fish as everyone will want miggy

 

If I were the yankees I would look to sign Arod and Lowell (it hurts boston), then trade for Santana.

supposedly the yankees want him for 1st base

 

if that happens it is an epic win for the fish as everyone will want miggy

 

 

When we make our deal, we can decide what an epic win is. I wouldnt call Mike Lowell signing an epic win for the Fish

I think you're an epic win

supposedly the yankees want him for 1st base

 

if that happens it is an epic win for the fish as everyone will want miggy

 

 

When we make our deal, we can decide what an epic win is. I wouldnt call Mike Lowell signing an epic win for the Fish

I know you're an epic win

 

::wink face::

The fact that A-Rod is staying with the Yankees can only help us acquire a better deal for Cabrera. I believe one of the main reasons why A-Rod couldn't find the deal he wanted was because of Cabrera. Why pay a guy 350 million dollars when you could trade for one that is so cheap by comparison but just as good. So now that A-Rod is out of the picture, teams will be forced to anty up if they want to win the Cabrera sweepstakes.

 

 

You can bet A-Rod won't send Cabrera a Christmas card...

The fact that A-Rod is staying with the Yankees can only help us acquire a better deal for Cabrera. I believe one of the main reasons why A-Rod couldn't find the deal he wanted was because of Cabrera. Why pay a guy 350 million dollars when you could trade for one that is so cheap by comparison but just as good. So now that A-Rod is out of the picture, teams will be forced to anty up if they want to win the Cabrera sweepstakes.

 

 

You can bet A-Rod won't send Cabrera a Christmas card...

 

I probably wouldve bet on that a year ago too.

why? ... he was bound to go to a team eventually, this would just take him out of the market.

Exactly.....

 

2 HOF 3B available, bunch of teams want them.

 

Now only 1 HOF 3B is available, same number of teams want him.

  • Author

why? ... he was bound to go to a team eventually, this would just take him out of the market.

Exactly.....

 

2 HOF 3B available, bunch of teams want them.

 

Now only 1 HOF 3B is available, same number of teams want him.

 

 

Looks like a couple of teams are making a serious push for Lowell. According to the link below, Boston has been out-bid by four other teams for Lowell. Included in those teams are the Braves, Angels, Yankees, and Cards. I guess now that ARod may be staying in NY, these teams want to take a more affordable route in trying to sign Lowell. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Fo...l?urn=mlb,53841

 

That is interesting. If Boston gets beat in this bidding war, this will force them to be players in the pursuit of Cabs. If the Angels snag Lowell, then we could kiss that package of young studs good bye. That would leave us the Dodgers and the Sox as the two teams that are offering what we want. The Braves have little to offer us as do the Cards.

 

I believe the best case scenario for us would be if the Yankees get Lowell. This would then pit Angels and Dodgers :rolleyes: against the Sox in a bidding war for him. I love the possibilities.

  • Author

Outside of those two guys, I don't know. Maybe Coco to man CF? I don't know. It's not the affordability we are looking for if Coco is included.

 

I would imaging DelCarmen would be a nice piece.

Anyone we want from the BoSox besides Elsbury and Bucholtz

Lars Anderson, George Kottaras, about 6-7 other young arms

Anyone we want from the BoSox besides Elsbury and Bucholtz

Lars Anderson, George Kottaras, about 6-7 other young arms

 

Dude Kottaras sucks

why? ... he was bound to go to a team eventually, this would just take him out of the market.

Exactly.....

 

2 HOF 3B available, bunch of teams want them.

 

Now only 1 HOF 3B is available, same number of teams want him.

 

 

Looks like a couple of teams are making a serious push for Lowell. According to the link below, Boston has been out-bid by four other teams for Lowell. Included in those teams are the Braves, Angels, Yankees, and Cards. I guess now that ARod may be staying in NY, these teams want to take a more affordable route in trying to sign Lowell. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Fo...l?urn=mlb,53841

 

That is interesting. If Boston gets beat in this bidding war, this will force them to be players in the pursuit of Cabs. If the Angels snag Lowell, then we could kiss that package of young studs good bye. That would leave us the Dodgers and the Sox as the two teams that are offering what we want. The Braves have little to offer us as do the Cards.

 

I believe the best case scenario for us would be if the Yankees get Lowell. This would then pit Angels and Dodgers :rolleyes: against the Sox in a bidding war for him. I love the possibilities.

While it may make the FO look at the Cabrera situation more, if they don't retain Lowell I definitely don't think they will go after Cabrera full steam ahead if it means giving up Buchholz. They'd go in to the season with a sub-par option then have someone force their hand.

 

Also, for laughs, other than Ellsbury and Buchholz the names you need to look at for potential trading pieces would be Jed Lowrie, Justin Masterson, and Michael Bowden.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.