Barry Bonds Indicted

MarlinFan10

"Bonds gained more from steroids than any other player" is hopefully the stupidest thing I hear today because I have a pounding headache and I can only take so much ignorance.

Bonds A)Wouldnt of been anywhere near any of the records he broke or B)last this long in the first place without steroids. For what the steroids allowed him to accomplish he has benefited more than any other player from them.

Therefore, it is not ignorance at all.

Your defense of Bonds is what is ignorant.

I don't agree with that at all.

If low level talented players like a Jason Grimsley can turn mediocre talent in to a 15 year career with the help of steroids, that is far more damaging than an already Hall of Fame type player reaching new individual heights with the use.

Guys like Grimsley were beating out other lower level players that were clean and lasting a long time in the majors due to their drug use. Far more damaging.

Meh, IMO the records he broached with steroids that he had no right to be in the hemisphere of, which he wouldnt of been without the roids, is far worse in my eyes.

No one will care about Giambi down the line, or Cansaco etc...they will care about the guy who used the roids to break the most hallowed records in the game, giving them a permanent black eye.

Yes, but that isn't your original point which is Bonds gained more from it than any other player.

Bonds without steroids = Hall of Fame.

Grimsley without steroids = Small or non existent career.

Bonds is in the game at an extremely high level with or without the steroids, low level players may not have even had a career. They benefit far more.

I don't agree with that at all.

If low level talented players like a Jason Grimsley can turn mediocre talent in to a 15 year career with the help of steroids, that is far more damaging than an already Hall of Fame type player reaching new individual heights with the use.

Guys like Grimsley were beating out other lower level players that were clean and lasting a long time in the majors due to their drug use. Far more damaging.

This is so insanely correct. I did a research paper a couple years ago in Business Ethic on all of this. My final point was basically this.