Livan still loves Miami

Admin

Livan is probably asking for a multi-year contract, which the Marlins aren't giving to anyone, especially a pitcher. They have a ton of young arms ready to blossom in the next couple of years. If they could sign him for one year, to eat innings and be the veteran presence, they probably would, if the price were fair (2-3 mil range).

livan probably expects way more than 2-3 mil... and will probably get it. we do need someone to eat innings like dtrain did for us, but, like he said, we cant afford to sign livan.

too bad, it would have been nice to see him back. i see him going to the mutts.

Yeah, he'll probably receive 4-6 mill dollar contract which can be less if it's made out to be a multi year deal. But he is well worth it. In most cities a 6 million dollar contract ends up being 4.5 after taxes anyways. I don't see why he wouldn't accept a three million dollar contract to come here with performance bonuses. He'd make a good piece to trade at the deadline. We have nothing to lose really, just three million dollars.

livan probably expects way more than 2-3 mil... and will probably get it. we do need someone to eat innings like dtrain did for us, but, like he said, we cant afford to sign livan.

Yeah, he'll probably receive 4-6 mill dollar contract which can be less if it's made out to be a multi year deal. But he is well worth it. In most cities a 6 million dollar contract ends up being 4.5 after taxes anyways. I don't see why he wouldn't accept a three million dollar contract to come here with performance bonuses. He'd make a good piece to trade at the deadline. We have nothing to lose really, just three million dollars.

Our reaction: :thumbup

FO reaction :o

I still don't understand why the marlins traded Dontrelle.

Because the lefty we got back for him is very possibly the next Randy Johnson...

for a more realistic reason, it was because we couldn't afford him. Cabrera alone was enough for Maybin and Miller, the other 4 were thrown in for willis who we got rid of because we didn't want to pay him 7 million.

my reaction: :banghead

I still don't understand why the marlins traded Dontrelle.

Because the lefty we got back for him is very possibly the next Randy Johnson...

for a more realistic reason, it was because we couldn't afford him. Cabrera alone was enough for Maybin and Miller, the other 4 were thrown in for willis who we got rid of because we didn't want to pay him 7 million.

Even if you were half right, we would never have gotten a major league ready catcher and three pitching prospects for Willis after his season and arbitration right around the corner.

Guest Night Phantom

It's funny how people inside the game (Livan, Paul LoDuca, others) believe the Marlins have no money and the people on the outside (rotoworld, etc.) think they have hordes.

Just an observation. Feel free to bash away.

Not spending money is the same thing as not having money, because in the end capital doesn't change hands :thumbup

"just three million dollars"

lol

Anyone on this board would sh*t their pants if the even had 3 million dollars, let alone had to spend 3 million dollars.

Look bob the basher. In baseball three million dollars is peanuts, now what is so funny, astound me with an answer.

"just three million dollars"

lol

Anyone on this board would sh*t their pants if the even had 3 million dollars, let alone had to spend 3 million dollars.

Maaaaan, Livan came into my store on Christmas Eve and bought a robotic panda bear. He then decided to go next door, hit on my girlfriend, and leave her a 10 dollar tip...on a cookie.

I don't need people like this running around town. Sign with Seattle or something.

Well even if he signed elsewhere he'd still be hitting on all our girlfriends. I happen to see him all the time with el duque in Bayside, even when he was with the Giants, might as well have him pitch for us in the process LOL

NO! He didnt give me squat. Just took his panda and walked out! I guess if he is gonna be doing stuff like that, he might was well be doing it in a Marlins uniform right?? hahaha.

Unbelievable that guy.

Don't be offended it's a Cuban thing, I am Cuban myself, it's in our bloods to be ladies men. LOL Sorry it had to be your girlfriend though, that's harsh man. My dad did a job for him during 1997, and he was nice, he even had a whole fridge for them everyday at his house full of soda, Kool Aid, and many other stuff. But he did screw the contractor at the end of the deal he ended up getting the house for free because it wasn't built on time, LOL! Good news is my dad did get paid for his job.

Guest RichWaltzLoveChild

NO! He didnt give me squat. Just took his panda and walked out! I guess if he is gonna be doing stuff like that, he might was well be doing it in a Marlins uniform right?? hahaha.

Unbelievable that guy.

Don't be offended it's a Cuban thing, I am Cuban myself, it's in our bloods to be ladies men. LOL Sorry it had to be your girlfriend though, that's harsh man. My dad did a job for him during 1997, and he was nice, he even had a whole fridge for them everyday at his house full of soda, Kool Aid, and many other stuff. But he did screw the contractor at the end of the deal he ended up getting the house for free because it wasn't built on time, LOL! Good news is my dad did get paid for his job.

:|