April 13, 200818 yr As it turns out, Wes Helms got traded for $1. That is all the Marlins had to give the Phillies, who agreed to pay his $2.4 million salary this season. (He is under contract next season, though the Marlins could buy him out.) http://www.miamiherald.com/1262/story/493925.html
April 13, 200818 yr Damn, I could have outbid the Marlins on that trade and had my very own Wes Helms.
April 13, 200818 yr Damn, I could have outbid the Marlins on that trade and had my very own Wes Helms. He has a $750,000 buyout. So it is really $750,001.
April 13, 200818 yr I wonder if I can get one at the dollar store in Hialeah? :mis2 Probably at ?oooo Que Barato!!!
April 13, 200818 yr I wonder if I can get one at the dollar store in Hialeah? :mis2 Probably at ?oooo Que Barato!!! :lol :lol :lol
April 13, 200818 yr That's about all he's worth, anyway. A dolla. We would have gone as high as say... tree fitty :mis2
April 13, 200818 yr That's about all he's worth, anyway. A dolla. We would have gone as high as say... tree fitty :mis2 I still don't understand why they made that goddamn Loch Ness monster the GM of the Phillies.
April 13, 200818 yr That's about all he's worth, anyway. A dolla. We would have gone as high as say... tree fitty :mis2 Crazy 'ol loch ness monster...
April 13, 200818 yr Too bad the Marlins didn't pay him more or else he could have been "our guy" for 2008.
April 13, 200818 yr Too bad the Marlins didn't pay him more or else he could have been "our guy" for 2008. I think it's time to update that sig.
April 13, 200818 yr boy.....sure glad we picked up Helms..... HE looks like he has gained a lot of weight and looked slow playing 1B today and he had a costly error to go with his 0-3 with 2 K's. offensive performance
April 13, 200818 yr Too bad the Marlins didn't pay him more or else he could have been "our guy" for 2008. I think it's time to update that sig. No way, that sig should stay there forever for memory of Jorge Julio. (April 2007 - April 2007)
April 13, 200818 yr Wes Helms is no Rick Astley. He's already let us down. Well, B,C,D AND E... :whistle
April 14, 200818 yr Amazing how one might even believe that we've still overpaid for him. I hope he does better in his future opportunities, either starting or as a PH.
April 14, 200818 yr The Jorge Julio trade in all respects was the most absurd action taken by our front office in franchise history. My sig will not change until it is topped by something else.
April 14, 200818 yr pretty silly. another example of just how stupid the marlins make certain teams look.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.